The Walking Dead

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I loved the Hell Pit part with Rick. Other than that, the Junkyard actors are horrible, especially the leader lady of the group.

Right now I miss Negan. At least he made it hilarious and has solid acting chops. Even the King has gotten a little boring already and falling into the same ol' melodrama everyone else is in.

Oldbased

> Than U
Yeah I loved the Hell Pit part with Rick. Other than that, the Junkyard actors are horrible, especially the leader lady of the group.

Right now I miss Negan. At least he made it hilarious and has solid acting chops. Even the King has gotten a little boring already and falling into the same ol' melodrama everyone else is in.
Negan is in 4 of the remaining 6 episodes left in this season. So you're somewhat in luck!
Also I've moved past blaming the actors for bad acting. I'm convinced it is bad writing.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Ok good. As long as he is in it, and has even a CHANCE of killing all the other drama queens, I'll continue to watch.

Oldbased

> Than U
Ok good. As long as he is in it, and has even a CHANCE of killing all the other drama queens, I'll continue to watch.
Ya without giving any details away this next week is 90% Saviors/Negan.
4 weeks building the spike zombie. I honestly think the Talking Dead was better than the actual episode haha.
Was happy to see them using cool suit tech though for the poor souls wearing full rubber suits. They circulate water all over the chest and back through tubes stitched into clothing.
I also think the garbage pail kids were poorly done. It was like a Antifa group got stuck in a junkyard when the outbreak happened.
The only thing missing was them chanting He Will Not Divide Us.
It's like why give them guns when they appear low energy and less of a threat than even Carl.

• 1Like

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I'm usually a bit more tolerant of this show than most people here but those last two episodes really, really dragged. And yet, almost moved too fast in terms of actual plot (it's been all of two episodes since Rick decided he wanted to fight back and now he wants to build an army when he hardly knows the other groups and has no weapons). The writing is just so boring and cliched and they have to put ten exclamation marks on any "moving" moment with super sappy music.

Also, Tara is an awful actress.

Last edited:

LulzSect

Well-Known Memer
<Banned>
ep 10 starting off good

daryl & kingdom

them fucking up the saviors is a show i want to watch

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
By the way, how long has the zombie apocalypse been going on in show time? Three or four years? It's ridiculous that the new group they met has gone all Mad Max in that amount of time.

Cybsled

By the way, how long has the zombie apocalypse been going on in show time? Three or four years? It's ridiculous that the new group they met has gone all Mad Max in that amount of time.

lol, I was thinking the same thing. Although the later comic issues go hardcore Mad Max style tribes (like that alpha/beta tribe that reminded me of that furry-tribe in the FO4 Nuke World expansion lol)

LulzSect

Well-Known Memer
<Banned>
antifa junkyard kids is a real stretch

i mean, Rick's group FUBAR'd a satellite office of the saviors for christs sake

dumb

Oldbased

> Than U
Coming up on 2 years since the outbreak. Around day 650 right now.
After next season the comic jumps a loooong time. Not sure if they will fill in that several year blank with "new" content or jump as well, but that is 22 episodes or so away.

Also not sure if the show will reflect it or not but being almost 2 years since the outbreak and if they do jump with the comics after season 8, that means most medicines have started becoming ineffective. Already some antibiotics will have become toxic( not all lines do that, most just lose potency ) and can foods will start going bad. MRE's however still good!
Ammo without humidity and temperature control will also start fouling out, as well as things rusting and batteries breaking down.

Cybsled

During the episode, the junkyard people mentioned opening cans and the contents were rotten, so at least they are acknowledging that to a degree.

Last Man on Earth seems like the only TV show where they address the fact that stuff goes bad a lot faster than people think, like gasoline.

Oldbased

> Than U
During the episode, the junkyard people mentioned opening cans and the contents were rotten, so at least they are acknowledging that to a degree.

Last Man on Earth seems like the only TV show where they address the fact that stuff goes bad a lot faster than people think, like gasoline.
Ya good call. Gas would last 2 years with additives but that's pushing it not properly stowed. Don't recall them hardly even showing gas runs but by now without use hoses and lines would be dry rotting. At the same time If they are only driving on 3-10 mile trips 1-2x a week a full tank would last a car months even almost a year. Stations would have had moisture seep in from seals breaking down.
Does it ever rain in TWD? I can't really remember much rain.
Homes without hvac would start having mold and mildew issues in the interior, especially undisturbed ones. Proper toilet paper would be worth gold.
Most people not in a large well prepared or more importantly skilled would be dying off prior to this point. Mostly due to disease and infection both from food/water supplies being contaminated/spoiled and wounds, infections and cleanliness.
The rest would have become maniacs.

On a side note making ethanol is super easy and many cars and trucks can run on it. Hell for about $400 you can buy a kit that converts the injectors and computer to handle it if not already equipped. We retro did some work trucks years back with those kits that took only a hour to install. Just need running water/heat source for the corn and a still basically. Of course you would need corn too. Lots of it.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
I would like to see a flash forward where Eugene is leading a bullet making, gas producing science team.

Oldbased

> Than U
Episode 11. As always spoilers mean spoilers so no clicky clicky if you want to be picky.
Q&A Episode 7.11 "Hostiles and Calamities"

Q: What does Dwight do when he discovers Daryl is missing?

He basically freaks out, but then when he finds the note someone slipped Daryl that said "Go Now," that stops him in his tracks. It's as if he recognizes the handwriting and knows who wrote it.

Q: Why does Dwight go back to his old house and what does he do there?

Sherry has escaped, and they had an agreement before that if they ever got separated, they would meet back at that old house. When he gets there, Sherry's not there, but she was and left a note. It basically says that she couldn't wait for Dwight because she couldn't be sure he wouldn't take her back to the Sanctuary or even kill her. She also confesses to helping Daryl escape.

Q: Is Sherry in this episode at all?
No

Q: How is Eugene handling the Sanctuary?

He is doing great at the Sanctuary! He's given a really nice apartment with all the amenities, including a videogaming system which of course he loves. He also seems to be truly respected by Negan and recognized for his abilities, which Rick never really did. This makes Eugene start to feel like he belongs there.

Q: Does Negan put Eugene to work? What's his job?

His official job title is "Chief Engineer" of the Sanctuary.

Q: A couple of the Harem girls have a request for Eugene. What is their request and does he do it for them?

Apparently Amber can't take it anymore at the Sanctuary and being one of Negan's wives and decides she wants to end it. The 2 girls asks Eugene to make some pills so that she can commit suicide. At first, Eugene doesn't want to do it but finally agrees. He later backs out after he finally figures out that the pills aren't really for Amber, but for Negan instead.

Q: Does Dr. Carson take the fall for Daryl's (and Sherry's) escape? How is he punished?

Dwight blames Dr. Carson and completely throws him under the bus. He does it by cutting the "Goodbye, Honey" ending of the letter Sherry left Dwight at their old house and plants it in Dr. Carson's office. As punishment, Negan beats the crap out of Dr. Carson and throws him head first into the furnace, burning him to death.

Q: Is the scene with Eugene and the Harem girls and the fire in this episode? What's going on there?

One of the girls jokingly asks Eugene is he one of those really smart guys who can make a bomb out of just a couple of household products, and Eugene admits that he might be. So he gives them a demonstration by making a couple of small bombs using balloons, hydrogen peroxide, and some bleach. The girls are thoroughly impressed.

Q: How does the episode end?

The episode ends with Negan paying Eugene a visit at his apartment. Negan then asks the question, "Who are you?" and before Negan can even finish the question, Eugene quickly responds, "Negan." Yes, Eugene has officially drank the Negan Kool-Aid!

Bonus:

* Easy Street is back! And Eugene totally digs it.

* Sherry's letter to Dwight:

D- We always said that if we got separated I should come back here and wait for you. You'd show up with beer and pretzels. You remember that? I know. You probably don't. You always said that when we started dating you forgot to tell me you had a shitty memory. You used to get so frustrated by it. Knowing you wouldn't remember those good days. Those special days. I felt bad for you. I remember there was so much you wanted to hold onto and then it'd be gone. But you're lucky you don't remember things, D. I wish I could wait for you now, but I don't know if you would come with me or take me back or kill me. You didn't want to live in that world and I made you. I did what I did because I didn't want you to die. But now you've killed and become everything you didn't want to be and it's my fault. You were better than me. Most people are. I let Daryl go because he reminded you of who you used to be. And I wanted to let you forget. I don't think I'm going to make it out here. But you're wrong. Being there isn't better than being dead. It's worse. I hope you realize that. I hope you get away. I hope you remember the good days. Even just one of them. But I don't think you will. I don't think you'll ever read this. I loved who you were. I'm sorry I made you into who you are. Goodbye. -Honey

(Dwight brings the beer and pretzels...)

Oldbased

> Than U
A new episode of The Walking Dead is about to co................................

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
A new episode of The Walking Dead is about to co................................

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
nah, it was pretty good. yeah, it was filler, but i found it interesting. reminded so much of The Stand from the pov of Flagg's vegas outfit

• 1Like

Oldbased

> Than U
nah, it was pretty good. yeah, it was filler, but i found it interesting. reminded so much of The Stand from the pov of Flagg's vegas outfit
It was a joke to be honest. I had a slight idea going in what to expect you could say haha.
I like the Negan line of the show, so much in fact I almost wish we were on season 7 of Saviors instead of Rickville.
Could you imagine Negan at the farmhouse? Prison against the gov? Terminus? Now that could have been some TV.
I feel the backstory of Saviors had some interesting times and obviously was never a part of the comics so it could be written as pretty much no constraints.

Did The Talking Dead just go political? They showed Dr Carson( the TWD Dr Carson ) being thrown into the fire with the caption, Dr Carson, you're fired!

Last edited: