The Walking Dead

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
It was a joke to be honest. I had a slight idea going in what to expect you could say haha.
I like the Negan line of the show, so much in fact I almost wish we were on season 7 of Saviors instead of Rickville.
Could you imagine Negan at the farmhouse? Prison against the gov? Terminus? Now that could have been some TV.
I feel the backstory of Saviors had some interesting times and obviously was never a part of the comics so it could be written as pretty much no constraints.

Did The Talking Dead just go political? They showed Dr Carson( the TWD Dr Carson ) being thrown into the fire with the caption, Dr Carson, you're fired!
ahh cool, dunno, i dont watch that after show.

Cybsled

Negan did have a good point. Eugene is smart and can actually make all sorts of shit, but Rick's group usually wasted his talents and had him doing random shit. He usually was treated like shit or like the team mascot and never got anything. With the Saviors, he can live like a king and be an important person. And they let him know this.

Eugene's survival strategy is always stick with the person that will keep you alive and Negan is making it a really easy choice for him.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Oldbased

> Than U
Negan did have a good point. Eugene is smart and can actually make all sorts of shit, but Rick's group usually wasted his talents and had him doing random shit. He usually was treated like shit or like the team mascot and never got anything. With the Saviors, he can live like a king and be an important person. And they let him know this.

Eugene's survival strategy is always stick with the person that will keep you alive and Negan is making it a really easy choice for him.
Eugene confuses me. He claims to be this great scientist but he isn't but he is. I don't think he is very smart at all but he has a lot of ideas, a good imagination and tons of street smarts/common sense.

He likes science and reading books so he is one of those people who is better than a real basic scientist because he read the books out of love and hobby instead of requirement.
The only thing Eugene did that made me question his sincerity to Negan was the smirk smile he did in the yard after the iron zombie thing. It's like Eugene knew his old tricks worked and was already planning 4 steps ahead.
They could go multiple ways with this but I still doubt Eugene will ever be loyal to Negan long term after Abe.

Cybsled

Ya, Eugene was fluffing up his rep for sure. Dragging out the old "its classified" refrain helped push that. I don't think he will go full blown Negan acolyte in the long run, but I don't think he was faking the enjoying having power over others. He has always been fairly powerless.

On a side note, the world ends and all they can find is a fucking vintage Atari system? Cmon, there must be tons of houses with Xbox and Playstations lying around ;p

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Oldbased

> Than U
Ya, Eugene was fluffing up his rep for sure. Dragging out the old "its classified" refrain helped push that. I don't think he will go full blown Negan acolyte in the long run, but I don't think he was faking the enjoying having power over others. He has always been fairly powerless.

On a side note, the world ends and all they can find is a fucking vintage Atari system? Cmon, there must be tons of houses with Xbox and Playstations lying around ;p
I think Ataris used .5amp 200mah which converts to 24 watts if I did my math right. so 24-54 watts I think on the Atari. PS4/Xbox use much more than that I would assume but I never owned one so I wouldn't know:(
That would be a huge factor in a generator world, but not sure if that is the reasoning.

I would agree but Eugene had many of those things at Alexandria too. At least before Negan came along. They had beds, houses, power and selections of food. Of course that was all removed after Negan. Sure Eugene realizes it could be that way again should Negan be removed. He definitely has it better than almost everyone else there though and you are right about the power. He was never used for his knowledge much in Rick's group, mostly because he didn't redeem himself until near bat smashing time.

Cybsled

I am guessing Eugene will play it like he is 100% loyal to Negan, then at some point he will get infoez out to Rick that give detailed plans of the Savior compound/etc to help in their battle.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
eugene still made the poison so he can use it when the time is right. what he is doing is playing the coward and making people think he is harmless. now that the doctor was killed and he is their only doctor, he has a lot of armor to be protected from harm. if he had passed off that poison on those dumb bitches they would have fucked it up and they would have told negan right where they got it from. if eugene himself delivers the poison to negan he will be much more likely to succeed because he is now a trusted insider. his best friend abraham was murdered right in front of him. dude didnt forget that. its probably why they wrote his death in there.

now he could just really be a coward and switched sides to save his own ass like he has been doing, but i think rosita calling him a pussy set him on a redemption arch so thats why i think he is only pretending to switch sides.

Cybsled

Well, he isn't a medical doctor, so he can't replace the cooked doctor in that way. The only other doctor we have seen is that dude at hilltop (although I would imagine the Kingdom has something).

Actually, considering the rarity of medical training (Hershal, Denise, now the Savior Doctor), it sure seems like they all have a habit of dying in this show. Plus, they have all been killed by other people, which makes it double WTF.

Oldbased

> Than U
Well, he isn't a medical doctor, so he can't replace the cooked doctor in that way. The only other doctor we have seen is that dude at hilltop (although I would imagine the Kingdom has something).

Actually, considering the rarity of medical training (Hershal, Denise, now the Savior Doctor), it sure seems like they all have a habit of dying in this show. Plus, they have all been killed by other people, which makes it double WTF.
It won't happen this way but it would be cool and decent writing if they wrote this in:
Negan: Rick I need a doctor or one of you get the smash.
Rick: You shot our doctor bitch for being fat.
Negan: Well fuck me.
Rick: I know where lots of doctors are, but you'll have to travel to Atlanta....

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
I honestly think Eugene is out for one thing: Surviving in as comfortable way as he possibly can. And he is now living in the most comfortable quarters he has had probably since before the outbreak. And not only that, he isn't being constantly shit on at every step. I don't understand why he felt the need to go down the old "I'm a super secret government scientist who likes mullets" shtick, when he already has them by the balls because he knows how to make ammo, but that is easily overlooked though. I really am kind of surprised at how everyone is trying to read in between the lines on this one, and was shocked to see this sentiment across all the discussions of TWD that I follow.

LulzSect

Well-Known Memer
<Banned>
Decent episode. Eugene is in the survival mode he knows best. The whole Negan fucks my wife on a regular basis; and she ran away after letting Darryl freething makes me a little sick tbh fam. This guy's definitely going to flip. Should have been sooner IMO with that kind of situation.

Serpens

<Silver Donator>
It won't happen this way but it would be cool and decent writing if they wrote this in:
Rick: I know where lots of doctors are, but you'll have to travel to Atlanta....

Actually, the "doctor bitch" was shot last season because Rick's crew stupidly let her go out on a forage. I don't think the other fat chick (Olivia?) had any medical training, but I could be wrong.

Oldbased

> Than U
Actually, the "doctor bitch" was shot last season because Rick's crew stupidly let her go out on a forage. I don't think the other fat chick (Olivia?) had any medical training, but I could be wrong.
I thought she was a nurse as well but I could be wrong. I didn't pay much attention to either of those characters. I just know in the end of the world situation and coming up on 2 years after, I wouldn't be letting them out on supply runs or tossing them into fires.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Olivia wasn't a doctor, Denise was. But yeah they were both fat, wore similar glasses, and both shot in the face. One with a crossbow bolt, the other with a bullet.

latest?cb=20151103234410

Oldbased

> Than U
Olivia wasn't a doctor, Denise was. But yeah they were both fat, wore similar glasses, and both shot in the face. One with a crossbow bolt, the other with a bullet.

View attachment 123565
Ya you are right. I thought one was like a RN or something and the other a nurse for some reason. Guess the only thing they had in common was food.

• 1Solidarity

Muurloen

I should clarify that. Denise was a shrink iirc, she had like bad anxiety or something in med-school pre-apoc.

Oldbased

> Than U
I should clarify that. Denise was a shrink iirc, she had like bad anxiety or something in med-school pre-apoc.
Ya I remember her having to use the book for everything but I didn't pay attention much to those 2 mostly because of TWD screwery.
Ever watch naked and afraid? Those people lose 10-20% body weight in 3 weeks.
Now I'm not saying overweight people going to starve but when you have no climate controls, nearly 2 years time and rationed food and no Pizza Huts delivering, you will lost massive weight.
No colony is going to feed you 2-3x more than someone else for a 2 year period. You will lose weight if you like it or not.
The fact TWD has several overweight "healthy" people on it amazes me.
You have to "work" hard to do anything, just the walking around daily in a colony to survive would be enough calorie burn to make everyone shed the pounds over a 2 year period.

Stupid derail I know, but it is stupid that it is on the show to begin with, let alone multiple people were in the same colony like that.

• 1Like

Muurloen

There you go using logic again with this show.

You need to check that at the door, ser.

• 1Solidarity

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole

If the name of the game is staying alive, then Eugene is winning. He's in the safest spot he can be in.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
you guys must have missed the fat guy in Lost who got fatter over the course of 6 seasons on a deserted island. it became such a problem that they had to write in air drops of food.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users