Thor: Love and Thunder (2021)

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Just saw it. It’s fine. Way better than the new strange. Not as good as ragnarok. Jane foster is fine. Lots of laughs. The goats were so stupid but I laughed every time.

No this isn’t great. But it’s goofy. Dr strange was just awful.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Sounds like they turned Thor into a cuck

He was already pretty cuck-ish the minute they debuted Fat Thor and turned the strongest Avenger into a joke character.

I'm semi-interested in seeing this movie, but after Loki, not sure I feel like spending 2-3 hours watching a character I like get completely outclassed by a female version of himself.

• 1Dislike
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
He was already pretty cuck-ish the minute they debuted Fat Thor and turned the strongest Avenger into a joke character.

I'm semi-interested in seeing this movie, but after Loki, not sure I feel like spending 2-3 hours watching a character I like get completely outclassed by a female version of himself.

Honestly they don't outclass Thor w Jane.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
Just saw it. It’s fine. Way better than the new strange. Not as good as ragnarok. Jane foster is fine. Lots of laughs. The goats were so stupid but I laughed every time.

No this isn’t great. But it’s goofy. Dr strange was just awful.
i'm really hoping i feel this way about love and thunder. Thor is too awesome for his stuff to be shit. i didn't find america chavez to be that bad. not sure how comparable they are from a girl power standpoint

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Thought this was fun. Enjoyed it for the most part. Really a standalone movie in the grand scheme of the MCU. Looking forward to Ant Man now.

Kind of wish Waititi and Gunn were paired up and running the cosmic side of things over multiple movies.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Talked to a buddy who saw this during a press screening I will put it in spoilers, this apparently was a 4 hour movie they had a hard time cutting down into 2 (why they didn't do the usual 2.5 idk), Ill spoiler it. To noones surprise however, Bale acted circles around everyone it was very obvious how much better he is at his craft he is compared to anyone else in the film.

That all sounds good to me (the spoilered parts). I think I'll check this out this weekend after all.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
This isn’t a spoiler, but at one point there’s an old wooden Viking boat flying through the air on a rainbow pathway with screaming goats pulling it, powered by storm breaker. It’s so ridiculous you can’t help but laugh.

the only gay shit is like “X has two dads” or how the black dyke dates girls.

It’s all fine. It’s fun, stupid, and little emotional impact.

spronk

FPS noob
pretty mid tier MCU movie. heavy on the rom-com of all the MCU movies. story was very weak, the first 2/3'ds of the movie moves at a decent pace and is filled with comedy bits which either you will laugh at or hate (same as Thor 3, GOTG 2, etc) but the movie sorta falls apart in the last third, story really just collapses. Christian Bale was utterly wasted, Gorr the God Butcher was a shit villain with a shit story. There isn't a whole lot that ties this movie to anything more in the future other than minor stinger in post credits.

I thought Dr. Strange 2 was better than this, so its interesting to see some people like this more. No reason at all to see either in theaters imo, just wait for D+ or whatever. I expected Thor to be mega-cucked going in, but he was just slightly cucked lol As usual for movies/TV in 2022 you get some man ass but no female T&A.

there are 2 post credit scenes

I really, really didn't like the core story:
they fucked up big time by Gorr not mercilessly slaughtering way more Gods, including baiting Thor into leading him into the God realm and attacking there. We see him kill 1 god at the beginning and then just a few dead god corpses in the middle, why the fuck didn't we see those fights.

Gorr's arc was shit, the whole Eternity grants any wish thing was stupid, Jane dying was lame (why didn't Thor also get a wish?), just all of that was a bad way to end what felt like an interesting beginning to "the Gods REALLY suck, this one guy is gonna fix that". It switched quickly from that story to a shitty rom-com about the love story between a God and a cancer girl.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
midway through, its not great, just ok so far. basically the trailer is what you get. maybe the last half will be incredible. one chuckle from me on one scene.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I'm just gonna say I truly enjoyed this and it sucks that I am fucked up atm cuz this should have been seen in a theater for me.. I think it hurts it calling a Raganarok+ movie or whatever, when it was really more of it's own thing. I can see people not liking it though.

• 2Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
midway through, its not great, just ok so far. basically the trailer is what you get. maybe the last half will be incredible. one chuckle from me on one scene.
eh yeah it was alright. nothing bad, its really not a funny movie like Ragnarok. i liked Dr Strange better, but it suffers the same monologuing issues as Dr Strange. the cancer stuff is really a fucking downer, worst moments of the movie. it doesnt overshadow anything, it just slows everything down.
its kinda fucked up that Jane dies a shitty death while everyone is just fine, even the rock dude gets to regrow the rest of his body and buttfuck another rock dude wherever the fuck he came from. the Guardians scenes were ok if pointless, there were a few chuckles, i didnt like how they made Zeus a fat loser. Zeus is way fucking uber. he wouldnt get clowned by the son of Odin, Zeus is the all powerful god of all gods. thats just a nitpick.
overall its an average MCU film. your mileage may vary.

Zweischneid

Molten Core Raider
I liked it, though also less then Strange 2.

Jane Thor was great and bookended her being in 1 & 2 (and gone for several years) well into the Thor-Story IMO.

Bale was killing it, as was the visual team doing his scenes. Fighting Gorr is surely the reason to see this on a decent screen. That said, they could’ve / should’ve done more with the premise of “gods don’t care/are all a-holes”, etc.. . They played Zeus & co. only for jokes (and some of the weakest in the movie), when that seemed to have been where they should’ve doubled down on the theme a bit more.

Also, hopefully the alleged scenes of him killing Goldblum, Tyrion, etc… exist in a cgi-state that they can be released at some point.

Taiko’s own Rock Guy felt superfluous and a Ragnarock-relic they should’ve cut. But I guess you don’t cut the directors self-indulgent super-cameo.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Really enjoyed it in the theater, its in the vein of Ragnarok but nowhere near that good, but i enjoyed it a lot anyways. Stupid in a hilarious way in a few spots. They fairly heavily modified the Gorr storyline from the comics, and the Mighty Thor stuff, especially at the very end without spoiling it, but its kind of exciting imagining where they might go with Thor moving forward. Definitely could have used a bit more of Gorr taking out some gods and being ruthless to up the stakes a little bit early on, but Bale killed it in the role. Its the second best Thor solo movie, but that admittedly has a pretty low bar except for Ragnarok.

• 1Like

Skylancer81

Molten Core Raider
Saw it. Liked it.

The original cut was 4 hours long from what I read. It had Gorr slaughtering other gods, and would have helped his arc. It also had Jane being The Mighty Thor more before Thor sees her.

Valhalla with Jane and Heimdal was originally the first ending of the movie and about 2-3 minutes longer. It had Heimdal explaining to Jane what Vahalla is and how she is now an Immortal being as long as she stays there. He also explained there are ways to leave Vahalla but did not explain any. It was then followed by the ending we see with Love and Thunder

• 2Like

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
For me the Thor franchise has been the weakest in the MCU with Ragnarok being the exception.

This was fine, not as good as Multiverse I thought, but still enjoyable.

Angerz

Trakanon Raider

She is better than him in the same way The Mighty Thor was better than Odinson in the comics. Jane has much more granular control over throwing Mjolnir around, but Thor himself, being the God of Thunder (not hammers), is still stronger at thunder & lightning and strength.

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
She is better than him in the same way The Mighty Thor was better than Odinson in the comics. Jane has much more granular control over throwing Mjolnir around, but Thor himself, being the God of Thunder (not hammers), is still stronger at thunder & lightning and strength.
Yep. They just gave her a couple flashy moves to make her just a bit different from Thor. She is not showing him up or anything. The Mighty Thor story was about as good as you could go for this.

• 2Like

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I liked it ok. I agree with a lot of other commenters about it not being as good as Ragnarok, but it was ok. Not too gurl-power or woke, but you'll definitely see it a few times since you're from FoH. My coworkers didn't notice or care, but they never do until I point it out.

I really do wish it had been half an hour longer and that entire time was Gorr actually killing shit. And sure, even toss in one scene of Jane doing some Thor shit before Thor shows up...although I guess then it sort of hamstrings the whole scene from the trailer where he first sees her...which was already ruined for every person that even watched one trailer, so why not show us that she's a Thor prior to that?

But yeah, the biggest part missing was ANY sense that Gorr was someone to be feared. When he attacked New Asgard, he honestly felt pretty worthless. Yay, he killed a few faceless citizens (maybe, did he even kill any??) and steals some kids. Big deal. Show him slaughtering some actual gods beyond the first absolutely pathetic one so that we worry about Thor maybe having to break a sweat. I know the story from the comics, but without that I have to think your average viewer had absolutely no clue why he is a big deal except that we are TOLD he's a big deal. Show, don't tell, because
I Dont Believe You Will Ferrell GIF

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users