Twitch.tv

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
He grew up poor, which is pretty evident. I don't blame him for not wanting to spend money. But... He could spend a little.

Just weird shaming a guy for not spending money.
He's not being shamed for not spending money, he's being shamed for living like a strung-out hobo.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Talos

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Yup - he has often told stories about how they were frequently poor, were on food stamps, etc. It's sort of like the mentality people who grew up during the great depression had: there is a massive uncertainty in the back of their mind that the good times might end, so they become extremely frugal and try to avoid spending money.

I mean if you think about what he probably pays in terms of regular expenses, it's probably just property tax, utilities, food, and presumably at least auto insurance since he has a car. I wouldn't be shocked if he doesn't have other types of insurance, unless his businesses have group medical/etc and he gets it through that.

In any event, at least he is making an effort in trying to clean up all that crap in his house. The hardest step to take with that sort of hording/etc is the first one - they usually have intense anxiety that if they get rid of something, then something bad might happen that could have been averted if they kept it. Once they get over that anxiety hump, it isn't as bad. The next hardest step is to prevent future hording and buildup of crap once you've cleaned stuff out.
It could be typical hoarder mentality, but I also think that's mixed up with an attachment to his mom. She was the closest person to him, and the house + all that shit is a reminder of her. Sort of like Walter in SH4 but without all the killing.

On the one hand I hope he deals with it and grows up, but on the other I enjoy his content which sort of depends on his degeneracy. Maybe he can find a way to bridge those two.

Last edited:

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
It could be typical hoarder mentality, but I also think that's mixed up with an attachment to his mom. She was the closest person to him and the house + all that shit is a reminder of her. Sort of like Walter in SH4 but without all the killing.

One the one hand I hope he deals with it and grows up, but on the other I enjoy his content which sort of depends on his degeneracy. Maybe he can find a way to bridge those two.
I remember he was planning to renovate his house and everything for his Mom, but lost all desire to do it after she passed away.

I am pretty sure most of his problems are tied to his Mom. Dude was about to go to law school before he had to take care of her. Although that did lead to his streaming career.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Frogan’s ban is actually pretty severe if you understand how Twitch works. During a 30 day ban, subs won’t auto renew, so effectively all her subs will drop off and she will have to rebuild. Plus she won’t get unbanned until after the election, so she misses out on all that farmable drama

• 1Like

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Much clean, many improved.

Screenshot_20241022-192201.png

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chysamere

FF14 Free Company Master
<WoW Guild Officer>
He's getting there. Honestly it doesn't look nearly as bad on the left as he had described it. I was expecting a hoarder home.

• 1Seriously?

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
He should have streamed it and earned a shit ton of money while he cleaned.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
I just like to imagine all the THOT golddigger girlfriends he had like Pink Sparkles who lived in that filth. Maybe they did earn the money.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Is soft carpet floor (or whatever it's called) still a thing in the US? I still see it in many Youtube videos.

I think that died out in the 90's here in Sweden at least. Seems like an annoying floor to keep clean from spills etc.

Fadaar

That guy
Is soft carpet floor (or whatever it's called) still a thing in the US? I still see it in many Youtube videos.

I think that died out in the 90's here in Sweden at least. Seems like an annoying floor to keep clean from spills etc.

i think most homes these days came with hardwood, or some fake version of it. i know when i buy a house there will be zero carpet in the entire thing.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
i think most homes these days came with hardwood, or some fake version of it. i know when i buy a house there will be zero carpet in the entire thing.
Maybe it's the 90s kid in me, but I fucking hate hardwood in all but a kitchen and bathroom areas. A living room isn't too terrible, but I hate hardwood in bedrooms. Too goddamn cold on my tootsies in the winter.

• 3Like

darkmiasma

Trakanon Raider
Should have thrown everything including the carpet out and burned it all - that place needs to be ripped to the studs and re-done.

• 2Like

Fadaar

That guy
Maybe it's the 90s kid in me, but I fucking hate hardwood in all but a kitchen and bathroom areas. A living room isn't too terrible, but I hate hardwood in bedrooms. Too goddamn cold on my tootsies in the winter.

I grew up in Tampa so cold floors weren't something we really had to deal with. About the only place I'd want carpet would be a home theater room or similar, better for sound.

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Dude makes how much money in lives in that shithole!?
Some people just aren't materialistic in that fashion. Shit if I won a few million I'd live in some cheapish house too. Who needs a mansion and shit. It's the reason why lotto winners end up broke.

• 3Like