Warhammer 40k Space Marine 2

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
the overall progression for coop is nice.but I just wish it overlaps into pvp or throughout the entire game somehow so it makes grinding so much sweeter
No thanks. I want PvP off in its own space so it doesn't affect PvE balance at all.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Game definitely has some jank, but I enjoyed the campaign. The operations seem fun so far but definitely feels like Darktide lite.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So this is worth buying? Similar campaign experience like the first one?
If you liked the first one you'll like this one, and the campaign in this one gets better as it moves along with a pretty epic ending mission. Everything past that, in terms of what you'll be grinding, is pretty anemic. They appear to be planning on only adding 1 operation for the rest of the year, and only 1 more operation throughout 2025. Operations are the maps you'll be grinding to lvl up character(s), weapons and unlocking cosmetics. I have no regrets getting it for PS5 and PC as I know I'll be playing it with my nephews. If they weren't playing, and knowing what I know now, I'd wait for a sale or until they manage to add a lot more after campaign stuff.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
I'm enjoying the game a lot. It captures the 40K vibe the best I can remember. At first I found the controls clunky but switching to controller on PC did help. The campaign is pretty short but that doesn't bother me - I'd rather short and good than long and bloated. Graphics are gorgeous and, surprisingly, the kill animations don't actually get old.

I like running the operations but they need to be balanced pretty badly. Some of them just take way too long and I've started selecting specific missions rather than Quickplay. My other concern is that the game does get pretty grindy pretty fast. If you're a fan like me, it isn't a problem. But I can imagine casual players enjoying the game for a few weeks before dipping out due to perceived lag of progress.

So far my favorite classes are Bulwark and Tactical. I think Assault needs a big improvement to be viable and I like having someone run a Heavy - I just don't like playing it.

Most totally epic moment for me was holding a staircase with my Banner out as Battle Brothers fell around me. I felt the blessed light of the Emperor and slaughtered every one of those xeno scum before raising my fist in victory. Also killed the Hive Tyrant with 1% health left and everyone dead - that was pretty cool.

Good game. 9/10 if you love 40K and 8/10 if you like games. 7/10 if you are poor and have to worry about pinching every penny.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm enjoying the game a lot. It captures the 40K vibe the best I can remember. At first I found the controls clunky but switching to controller on PC did help. The campaign is pretty short but that doesn't bother me - I'd rather short and good than long and bloated. Graphics are gorgeous and, surprisingly, the kill animations don't actually get old.

I like running the operations but they need to be balanced pretty badly. Some of them just take way too long and I've started selecting specific missions rather than Quickplay. My other concern is that the game does get pretty grindy pretty fast. If you're a fan like me, it isn't a problem. But I can imagine casual players enjoying the game for a few weeks before dipping out due to perceived lag of progress.

So far my favorite classes are Bulwark and Tactical. I think Assault needs a big improvement to be viable and I like having someone run a Heavy - I just don't like playing it.

Most totally epic moment for me was holding a staircase with my Banner out as Battle Brothers fell around me. I felt the blessed light of the Emperor and slaughtered every one of those xeno scum before raising my fist in victory. Also killed the Hive Tyrant with 1% health left and everyone dead - that was pretty cool.

Good game. 9/10 if you love 40K and 8/10 if you like games. 7/10 if you are poor and have to worry about pinching every penny.
Assault would be alright IF the timer on the Jet Pack was far shorter and if the Jet Pack Dash had a different timer.

Argarth

On the verandah
After watching the HUB Review, keen to see if a high rez texture pack is in the works (fan or official), and of course still waiting for official Ultrawide support to be patched in.

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Theres some hope that gamers arent all in with the shitty pay extra to play early for no reason other then corporate greed.

Screenshot_20240910-083429.png

• 1Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Had a blast last night running through some campaign missions with my nephews, they were feeling out so hard, lol.

I do wonder how much the poor performance on PS5 is due to hardware limitations or just poor optimizations by the devs.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Had a blast last night running through some campaign missions with my nephews, they were feeling out so hard, lol.

I do wonder how much the poor performance on PS5 is due to hardware limitations or just poor optimizations by the devs.
I don't have many good things to say about Saber Interactive but I don't recall performance ever being an issue with WWZ. On the other hand at 4 years old the PS5 is not that long in the tooth yet, the PS4 was over 7 years old when the CP2077 debacle went down and my gut still says to blame the devs.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Was a busy few days so I JUST finished campaign.

Who's in to terminate some heretics?!

• 1Like

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
These keybinds on KB/M suck ass. Middle mouse button to aim, wtf is this shit? I can't even figure out what to map melee to that isn't already used.

• 1Like

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
These keybinds on KB/M suck ass. Middle mouse button to aim, wtf is this shit? I can't even figure out what to map melee to that isn't already used.
Its different and takes a bit of getting use to from other melee & shooty games.

Cut your teeth a little bit on easier difficulties before diving into the hard shit.

• 1Dislike

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Veteran is no joke, feels like I'm wearing paper not ceramite. Can't imagine the hardest difficulty
Getting perfect parries is still something I struggle with, also you dont have to parry if you arent comfortable in parrying, you can dash/dodge out of shit.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Veteran is no joke, feels like I'm wearing paper not ceramite. Can't imagine the hardest difficulty
I think I was at 10% health for the last half of the game running solo with bots. Executes were the only thing that kept me alive, lol.

Also, in Operations, going from the 2nd tier into the 3rd tier is a big spike due to your weapons being capped in the previous tier, so the first couple missions or so will feel really bad. You can't gain Weapon XP at all until you unlock the next tier either, which sucks ass.

Edit: Try to upgrade your melee weapon into a Fencing type if possible, larger Parry window.

Last edited: