Warhammer 40k

Palum

what Suineg set it to
TTS is really good for it and QOL, its still around 3-4 hours a game
That's still a lot of time. I dunno the size of the battles and the amount of dice and rerolling is just too much. Shooting a single repulsor executioner feels like emptying the dishwasher.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Nirgon

Log Wizard
That's still a lot of time. I dunno the size of the battles and the amount of dice and rerolling is just too much. Shooting a single repulsor executioner feels like emptying the dishwasher.

Thats what the TTS roll mat and weapon profiles (separate thing to get in steam workshop) that appear below the rolling area are for. You pick up and drop a unit and it shows all the weapon profiles you have added to the model with the yellow scribe thing.

Can definitely click thru it pretty fast.

Last edited:

Chris

Potato del Grande
OK guys am I insane?

I want to buy 4 boxes of Inner Circle Companions, 1 box of Hellblasters and 1 box of Sternguard Veterans and kitbash.

I give 10 Inner Circle bodies the Hellblaster weapons and 1 Inner Circle body can be a Lieutenant.

Cool Dark Angel Hellblasters with fireproof robes. This is why I'm doing this, the rest is efficient use of bitz.

The 10 Hellblaster bodies get the Sternguard weapons (they have 2 weapon options, so 10 weapons) and are Sternguard Veterans.

The 5 Sternguard bodies and the last Inner Circle Body get the Inner Circle Swords and are Bladeguard Veterans. I'll have to buy some sheilds.

I sell the 6 remaining awesome Inner Circle swords online to recoup costs for the sheilds.

I've been going through different iterations of this, this seems like the best way?

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Palum

what Suineg set it to
OK guys am I insane?

I want to buy 4 boxes of Inner Circle Companions, 1 box of Hellblasters and 1 box of Sternguard Veterans and kitbash.

I give 10 Inner Circle bodies the Hellblaster weapons and 1 Inner Circle body can be a Lieutenant.

Cool Dark Angel Hellblasters with fireproof robes. This is why I'm doing this, the rest is efficient use of bitz.

The 10 Hellblaster bodies get the Sternguard weapons (they have 2 weapon options, so 10 weapons) and are Sternguard Veterans.

The 5 Sternguard bodies and the last Inner Circle Body get the Inner Circle Swords and are Bladeguard Veterans. I'll have to buy some sheilds.

I sell the 6 remaining awesome Inner Circle swords online to recoup costs for the sheilds.

I've been going through different iterations of this, this seems like the best way?
giphy.gif

• 1Worf

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
OK guys am I insane?

As a fellow Dark Angel enjoyer and irrational kitbasher, this makes sense to me. I tend to use more Black Templar bodies for my tactical robe look but I like the idea of Inner Circle bodies to lean even harder into it.

The one thing you might want to look at is your Bladeguard. With sword and shield you should be fine for WYSIWYG but the Bladeguard have a slightly fancier armor type. You might want to jazz them up a little more with Iron Halos or some other bits to show that.

I'd obviously love to see the finished product (even in progress before painting).

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
If anyone is confused, my army is aiming to have one flavourful unit from each 1st founding chapter.

Obviously I want the cool new Dark Angel stuff, but needs to work with the generic codex.

I'm missing the divergent chapters and Ultramarines. So this will tick off Dark Angels with Hellblasters and Ultramarines with Bladeguard (to go with Calgar and Sword/Sheild Vitrix guys).

Sternguard can be whatever, they don't seem to have much flavour. Probably Ultramarines. Unless there's a better way to use the Hellblaster bodies.

As a fellow Dark Angel enjoyer and irrational kitbasher, this makes sense to me. I tend to use more Black Templar bodies for my tactical robe look but I like the idea of Inner Circle bodies to lean even harder into it.

The one thing you might want to look at is your Bladeguard. With sword and shield you should be fine for WYSIWYG but the Bladeguard have a slightly fancier armor type. You might want to jazz them up a little more with Iron Halos or some other bits to show that.

I'd obviously love to see the finished product (even in progress before painting).
Thanks!

Yeah I noticed the Iron Halos, Inner Circle Companions come with extra. I belive the Bladeguard have Gravis Shoulderpads which I have spare of. I think Sternguard have some of the bling too.

I looked at doing it with 2 Crusader Squads instead, but I'd be buying too much extra bits for robed heads and scout/intercessor weapon options for the extra bodies. I already have 10 phobos guys and 15 jump intercessors so not that interesting.

I do want Bladeguard so this seems better.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
OK guys am I insane?

You could buy a house instead?

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If anyone is confused, my army is aiming to have one flavourful unit from each 1st founding chapter.

Obviously I want the cool new Dark Angel stuff, but needs to work with the generic codex.

I'm missing the divergent chapters and Ultramarines. So this will tick off Dark Angels with Hellblasters and Ultramarines with Bladeguard (to go with Calgar and Sword/Sheild Vitrix guys).

Sternguard can be whatever, they don't seem to have much flavour. Probably Ultramarines. Unless there's a better way to use the Hellblaster bodies.

Thanks!

Yeah I noticed the Iron Halos, Inner Circle Companions come with extra. I belive the Bladeguard have Gravis Shoulderpads which I have spare of. I think Sternguard have some of the bling too.

I looked at doing it with 2 Crusader Squads instead, but I'd be buying too much extra bits for robed heads and scout/intercessor weapon options for the extra bodies. I already have 10 phobos guys and 15 jump intercessors so not that interesting.

I do want Bladeguard so this seems better.
Sternguard are Imperial Fists.

• 2Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
I'm about the break international sanctions on Russia to order bootleg Forgeworld Utramarine Invictarius Suzerain bitz for my Bladeguard Veterans conversion.

x10 Helms, shoulderpads, sheilds for $50.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Any reason why? Happy to paint them yellow.

Have Terminators as Imperial Fists as their characters are Terminators.
I think it's mostly because historically DA didn't have access to those vet units because of the Deathwing.

• 1Like

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
You can save the game state and load it up again with the same person later. Still highly recommending.

Kill Team is where its at. Once you get the feel for the game, including set up time, a game should take no longer than 1.75 hours as opposed to a 40k game which can stretch into 3+ hours.

• 1Like