Weather

Sanrith Descartes

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Do you live in a V-zone or flood zone? Is your house on piles?
I'm 15 minutes from the coast on a hill. Not all of Florida is flat (believe it or not). I could get Noah's 40 days of rain and not flood.

Now that being said, 15 minutes away at the coast they had 4 feet of standing water due to storm surge from the last hurricane that missed us but came close.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
I'm 15 minutes from the coast on a hill. Not all of Florida is flat (believe it or not). I could get Noah's 40 days of rain and not flood.

Now that being said, 15 minutes away at the coast they had 4 feet of standing water due to storm surge from the last hurricane that missed us but came close.
Just wondering. Hope you guys end up being safe through the next hurricane.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Just wondering. Hope you guys end up being safe through the next hurricane.
Thanks. The biggest pain this storm will cause is the hours we spent yesterday bringing in all the pool and lawn furniture.

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
You should've known better. The fact they kept hyping this one up when it was still scattered showers as it drifted over Puerto Rico is the first hint. If it was already organized by then, sure.

But this is a tropical storm. It's not going to pick up some massive amount of power because of the "omgz Gulf is so much warmer than normal."

If it were going to do that, it'd have to track all the way to Texas, or maybe do one of those swirly things where it just drifts around in a circle.

Like I said, it seems they really want this one to be a massive disaster. I have no clue why. Typically hurricanes don't really form in July or early August because you have Saharan dust still lingering that kills that shit.

We'll get big storms this year. They'll turn up mid-late August and into September, just like always.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
You should've known better. The fact they kept hyping this one up when it was still scattered showers as it drifted over Puerto Rico is the first hint. If it was already organized by then, sure.

But this is a tropical storm. It's not going to pick up some massive amount of power because of the "omgz Gulf is so much warmer than normal."

If it were going to do that, it'd have to track all the way to Texas, or maybe do one of those swirly things where it just drifts around in a circle.

Like I said, it seems they really want this one to be a massive disaster. I have no clue why. Typically hurricanes don't really form in July or early August because you have Saharan dust still lingering that kills that shit.

We'll get big storms this year. They'll turn up mid-late August and into September, just like always.
The problem is lawn and pool furniture is light enough to get blown around by a TS. My Blackstone is so heavy I didn't bother moving it.q

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
did DeSantis already call for state of emergancy?

SC did. If you look at all the models all at once it looks like a 3 year old was told to make sure and color the entire map. Surprised it doesn't go all the way to Australia.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Juvarisx

Florida
Man IDK where you guys all are but in Sarasota its been raining for 24 hours straight from this thing, 10 inches yesterday and its been going all night. Worst wind was 60's gusts I guess, pretty boring that way, but yea this storm ended up being a big boy.

• 1Solidarity

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Been raining non stop since about 2 pm yesterday in NE Florida but not heavy enough to cause flooding

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Been raining non stop since about 2 pm yesterday in NE Florida but not heavy enough to cause flooding
We are actually getting more wind and rain now than we did as it passed by us. Fucking circular storms.

Bald Brah

Lord Nagafen Raider

Ratings, duh. If they could have a Katrina every year the news jews would love it.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
These cry wolf forecasts are what get people killed. Keep making hyped up storms and then when a real deal storm comes. Nobody pays attention.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
150+ mph typhoon hit china/vietnam, good footage on twitter

1725820118600.jpeg