Weather

Sanrith Descartes

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
It headed northwest at the moment. And I ain't far from you inland.
Its far enough out I am seeing a gradual shift more into the panhandle or Alabama and away from the big bend. It continuing to move slow is good for Florida

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I've been in NE Florida for 4 years and have avoided a direct hit so far. The ones that curved east just dumped a lot of rain on us with barely any wind. Looks like the trend is staying alive. But at this rate the one that does nail us will be another Andrew

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I've been in NE Florida for 4 years and have avoided a direct hit so far. The ones that curved east just dumped a lot of rain on us with barely any wind. Looks like the trend is staying alive. But at this rate the one that does nail us will be another Andrew
Being about 30 miles north when Andrew made landfall really jaded me when it comes to storms. Shit I will never forget.

• 1Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Looks like the storm is slowing down. Good news for Gravel Gravel and me if it continues. The more it slows the more it should end up stearing to the west.
Yeah, looks like it's going to slip right between us. We might actually get some rain from it this time, but that's about it. And not even a lot of rain, which we need.

Only reason I even paid attention to this one though is because it was going to be such a fast developer. If it ended up tracking towards us, we likely would have about a day and a half between when it formed before it hit, which doesn't leave much time to do anything.

Mahes

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It looks like Georgia might see a lot from this one. I am hoping the winds are not too strong by the time it goes over Athens GA.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Literally only 1 model has it making landfall in Alabama. You just know this will be the model that hits.

1727203053470.png

• 1Worf

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Massive wall of wind shear directly north of this storm. It should shred it and prevent it from developing into anything serious. Somehow the "sky is falling" media fear mongers omit mentioning it.

DCT_SPECIAL18_1280x720.jpg

• 2Like

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
11pm update. It slowed from 12 mph to 10 mph. Cone of death moved ever so slightly to the west. Slower it goes the more it will shift west.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Neighbour's house got nailed by a tree that was blown down. All good at the lurkingdirk house. It was really close though.
how many houses away? man i'm glad i had my tree remover guys come yesterday, i got the tailend of that storm and while they didn't remove the whole tree (it was too big to do in a day) they removed the fallen part and the 1/3 that was facing my home, only thing left is the 1/3 facing to the street and that part shook violently today w/ the rain

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
how many houses away? man i'm glad i had my tree remover guys come yesterday, i got the tailend of that storm and while they didn't remove the whole tree (it was too big to do in a day) they removed the fallen part and the 1/3 that was facing my home, only thing left is the 1/3 facing to the street and that part shook violently today w/ the rain

One house, but that's about a quarter mile away. They say they actually saw a funnel cloud touch down. They gave me the call and we got the tree off their roof and covered it with tarps. Tomorrow they will have to deal with it.

But seriously, a tornado about a quarter mile away. It's sobering.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Storm has slowed to 9mph and the cone keeps shifting west. Only downside is the windshear band above it is moving east so as the storm slows, less windshear to eat it up when it moves up into the Gulf. Looking like a landfall just west of the big bend into the panhandle. Again.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Worst part of this fucker is that it gonna pass close enough to the west coast of FL that I need to spend the afternoon doing the lawn/pool furniture thing.

• 1Like
  • 1Rustled

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
The Gulf waters have been relatively cool for this time of year too.
The weather people keep talking about how the Gulf has never been warmer.

I'm sure my wife is tired of me bringing it up, but I've been telling her constantly about how they predict every year is going to be above average and since we've lived here, none of them ever end up being one. Especially after that category 5 in June, they've been fiending for a bunch of massive storms.

I also like to point out how a lot of the storms we actually do get are ones 50 years ago (maybe even less) we never would've known about, like one of the hurricanes that gets added to this year's tally was out in the middle of the Atlantic, thousands of miles from any land. It developed and fizzled out entirely in the middle Atlantic ocean. But it gets added as a category 2, and is then used as evidence of "more hurricanes."

They definitely try to whip people into a frenzy of panic and after a few seasons I see why people in Florida don't react anymore. If you jumped every time they predict a catastrophe, you'd be in a constant state of evacuating.

• 2Like

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
The weather people keep talking about how the Gulf has never been warmer.

I'm sure my wife is tired of me bringing it up, but I've been telling her constantly about how they predict every year is going to be above average and since we've lived here, none of them ever end up being one. Especially after that category 5 in June, they've been fiending for a bunch of massive storms.

I also like to point out how a lot of the storms we actually do get are ones 50 years ago (maybe even less) we never would've known about, like one of the hurricanes that gets added to this year's tally was out in the middle of the Atlantic, thousands of miles from any land. It developed and fizzled out entirely in the middle Atlantic ocean. But it gets added as a category 2, and is then used as evidence of "more hurricanes."

They definitely try to whip people into a frenzy of panic and after a few seasons I see why people in Florida don't react anymore. If you jumped every time they predict a catastrophe, you'd be in a constant state of evacuating.
I do a lot of fishing in the Gulf off the Texas coast and at least in our part of the Gulf water temps have been cooler late Aug/Sep than they were last year. Mullet run started a little early and the flounder run is going to pop off a couple weeks early too. Last year was actually brutal, this summer hasn't been that bad at all.

I think one reason is we had a very early tropical storm and then a very early hurricane and that took a lot of energy out of the system.

• 1Like

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
How does that work with a salt generator?
You better have some shock as a backup. If the power goes out whatever chlorine is in the pool is not going to last long. Salt systems use the salt, NaCl, to generate chlorine via electrolysis. This is of course moot if you have your system connected to a home generator system for emergencies.

• 1Like