Weather

Sanrith Descartes

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
You better have some shock as a backup. If the power goes out whatever chlorine is in the pool is not going to last long. Salt systems use the salt, NaCl, to generate chlorine via electrolysis. This is of course moot if you have your system connected to a home generator system for emergencies.
We aren't in the cone of death currently and have buried power on the distribution side so we are pretty stable normally. Last two hurricanes didn't give us a flicker. Thanks.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

CrossFire

N00b
I'm new here, one of the misc refugees, so probably noted already somewhere in these 368 pages: if not : pretty cool sites aside from the NHC and other spaghetti model sites :

Water.weather.gov you can check out the hydrologic predictions, if your zone is planned to go up, they add a prediction line.

Also Windy.com the wind models are pretty damn cool.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Panhandle, I thought I mentioned before we're in Gulf Breeze since you mentioned possibly moving here at some point.

It keeps creeping further and further west. This morning we were back to barely getting any rain, and now this evening we're definitely going to get some wind. Hopefully they're not so far off on these models that it starts heading straight north and we get fucked.

As it is now though, it's still decently far away from us. Not even going to bother putting shit in the garage or doing window covers. But if it does shift, that's what we'll do tomorrow morning and I guess have no choice but to ride it out.

Goatface

we are way way way up from the gulf, but right now got flood and wind warnings till tomorrow afternoon/night. winds 30-40mph with gusts of 70+.
think we have already gotten 1" of rain today, calling for another inch tonight and 1.5" tomorrow day. sometime friday, on projected path what is left of helene will be just west of us on friday.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
That's the funniest part of Florida to me. I've had family in southern Illinois and North Carolina both asking us about it, and I'm sitting here like...you all are going to get way more rain and wind than we are. Like, at least double. We're now forecast to maybe get half an inch of rain, and 30 mph gusts.

I want to send them all a spam of texts to ask if they're okay from the hurricane.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Panhandle, I thought I mentioned before we're in Gulf Breeze since you mentioned possibly moving here at some point.

It keeps creeping further and further west. This morning we were back to barely getting any rain, and now this evening we're definitely going to get some wind. Hopefully they're not so far off on these models that it starts heading straight north and we get fucked.

As it is now though, it's still decently far away from us. Not even going to bother putting shit in the garage or doing window covers. But if it does shift, that's what we'll do tomorrow morning and I guess have no choice but to ride it out.
I knew you had said previously but the search function is "working as intended".

Yet another hurricane I spend hours moving pool and patio shit into the garage just to watch the fucker sail on by.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
That's the funniest part of Florida to me. I've had family in southern Illinois and North Carolina both asking us about it, and I'm sitting here like...you all are going to get way more rain and wind than we are. Like, at least double. We're now forecast to maybe get half an inch of rain, and 30 mph gusts.

I want to send them all a spam of texts to ask if they're okay from the hurricane.
It's funny. When we decided to head back home to FL, I mapped out the requirements. House on a hill, outside the FEMA flood zone, 15 minutes to the water, low population and FOH approved "demographics". This storm could dump 12" of rain and my chance of flooding would be zero. Between the hills and all the culverts they dig here, we have close to zero flooding unless you live within a block of the Gulf or one of the rivers.

Now those fuckers on the water catch storm surge at high tide and they are getting 3-5' of standing water. Amazing the difference 10 miles can make.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Apparently we have now gone from "life threatening" headlines to "potentially catastrophic" headlines.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
So Helene appears to be a large storm but also very tightly packed. The hurricane force winds are in a very small area. So unless you get smacked head on expect winds less than 40 mph.

1727317348772.png

Mahes

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
A Cat 4(Current predictions) is a powerful hurricane.

This has plenty of time to strengthen before reaching land. There looks to be a strong possibility that Athens GA is going to be on the wrong side of this thing. With wind speeds of 60+ it is going to do some damage and I hope my trees can manage. Honestly not looking forward to this even though we desperately needed the rain.

That being said, I hope it is weaker than being predicted.

• 1Thoughts & Prayers

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Been sitting here this morning watching my neighbor get prepared for the storm. It's bizarre because they came here from Louisiana.

For some reason he wrapped his tree in a tarp.

We're not even forecast to get rain anymore, and winds will top out at 20-30 mph gusts.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Been sitting here this morning watching my neighbor get prepared for the storm. It's bizarre because they came here from Louisiana.

For some reason he wrapped his tree in a tarp.

We're not even forecast to get rain anymore, and winds will top out at 20-30 mph gusts.
Shrugs GIF

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Bitch kicked it into high gear. Clocking at 21 mph now. This should alleviate a lot of the flooding since she will be in and out quickly. Not like that one from 15-20 years ago that sat in central Florida for like 24 hours just dumping rain.

Finally getting some gusts here. Still no rain. Looking at the radar probably gonna be time to go inside around 6pm

Edit: up to 23 mph

Last edited: