Weight Loss Thread

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Sweating is horribly uncomfortable. And I have really oily skin in general, so lots of sweating will give me pimples. Even when lifting, I try to keep the weight and pace low enough so I don't start sweating profusely.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Sweating is horribly uncomfortable. And I have really oily skin in general, so lots of sweating will give me pimples. Even when lifting, I try to keep the weight and pace low enough so I don't start sweating profusely.

Just go shower after, having sweat on you for an hour isn't doing anything to your skin.

McCheese

spoken like someone who doesn't have super oily skin and doesn't understand the struggle.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
299.8 mofackas. 120 lbs in 8.5 months. 220 overall. Shit's about to get real.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

McCheese

Congrats! That's a hell of a lot of weight.

I think I need to start the weight gain thread, because the other day my work pants were so tight I was afraid they'd rip. I had to put on some bigger pants that I haven't worn in years. Emotional eating :(

Cad

<Bronze Donator>

Keep in mind that it'll get harder as you get down towards a normal BMI, but you're doing great work here. Stick with it.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
^
There is some fancy-pants math that tries to estimate how many calories from fat stores your body can access over a 24hr period. At a certain point (probably sub 15 percent BF), even ~2lbs a week is considered excessive -- because your body isn't capable of breaking into the fat stores to handle the deficit and has to cannibalize lean body mass instead. Between 15-30 though, 2-3lbs a week is doable but (in my experience, 2lbs a week feels awful).

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>

Congrats!

I just hit 226, and 20.8% body fat. Once I get under 20% body fat.. I'm golden. Started to hit the gym moderately, getting into the routine, 3 times a week for now, will do 5 once I'm going full time. It's like a new life.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

ubiquitrips

Golden Knight of the Realm
So started 14 Dec. Down 21 pounds in 51 days. Yoga 5 days a week. That is all I do. So I decided to diversify and did some jogging on Monday. Wrecked me. I hate running.

Any recommendations on something to add to my exercise routine? Weight training, running, etc?

I would second weight training. I started lifting last year because of some knee rehab and I really enjoy it. Once my knee was better I started Strong Lifts 5x5 towards the end of last year. January 1st I started my first 5/3/1 cycle and it is extremely enjoyable. I wish I would have started earlier rather than being intimidated by free weights in the gym. Strength, posture, appearance, confidence all experienced significant gains.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
If anyone is curious what 200+ lbs lost looks like:
Then_and_now_edited.png

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

So, what you're saying is....you are wasting your time and doing nothing useful?

PatrickStar

Trakanon Raider
Doing weights every Saturday morning for 50 mins per. Combo of free weights on a bench and two machines. 10 high intensity mins on a stationary bike in the middle to break it up. Still doing yoga M-F. A few opportunities for setbacks like the Super Bowl and work travel but did a good job of not falling off the wagon. So this morning I am at 245.6 (from 272.5) which is about 3 pounds a week. Let's see how if I can keep a good pace and ramp up another day of weights.

Wanted to add of course nutrition is the other half of this. I get asked if I miss FoodX or DrinkY. Honestly, I don't know how it is with other people but...not at all. I don't "cut" anything out. I just don't actively seek certain foods out. I didn't necessarily cut out beer. But I've had one glass in two months. I eat a lot of fish and chicken for my meat/protein, but I still manage to hit the steakhouse twice. I don't miss it but when someone mentions it I definitely get that craving for about 5 mins and it goes away.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
@Tenks bro I was finally able to do 3 sets of 6 with 225 on bench today. Kept pushing and finally got it. Your impressive bench strength inspired me to keep upping it. Damn that felt good!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Masakari

Pattern Recognition Expert
<Gold Donor>
If anyone wants help with losing weight, I'd recommend Matcha Powder Green Tea or Yerba Mate before a work out or through-out the day. I'd prefer the natural caffeine over the Pre-work out junk.

PatrickStar

Trakanon Raider
Doing simple weights for 30 mins twice a week. Down to 5 days of yoga instead of 6.

Down 33 pounds. 272 > 239. Getting close to new pants time. Bought a new belt two weeks ago...already down to second to last hole.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
284, 234 lbs down. 59 to my soft target weight. I've lost 16 lbs in 33 days since I hit 299.9. This shit is going to be finished soon and I cannot wait. Ready to get jacked as fuck.

I cannot believe how goddamn easy this is now. I actually believe there's not a single thing involving diet and exercise I couldn't do at this point. I dunno if abs will ever be visible for a former 500 lb person but if it's possible I'm going to fucking do it.

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users