Weight Loss Thread

Gurgeh

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Good macros and the price is great.
This one is a frankenfood why 30+ ingrededients, it's both whey protein and has a bunch of vitamin added. I guess if you're taking it for a couple of weeks as a supplement, maybe it could be beneficial, but I guess that would be as bad as any other ultraprocessed meat in the long run.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I mean, mine is below and has a small bit of carbs. But overall, I think its pretty healthy and the price ratio is fantastic.
719nSymv0dL._AC_SX679_.jpg

71WmpW4sgqL._AC_SY879_.jpg

Daidraco

This one is a frankenfood why 30+ ingrededients, it's both whey protein and has a bunch of vitamin added. I guess if you're taking it for a couple of weeks as a supplement, maybe it could be beneficial, but I guess that would be as bad as any other ultraprocessed meat in the long run.
I imagine most of us are already taking Vitamin supplements.
71v833cIQfL._AC_SX679_.jpg

613Uef11v3L._AC_SX679_.jpg

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The vitamin aspect is just marketing hubbabaloo and wont hurt you either way. But 100 cals for 25g protein and 0 carb/fat is really good.

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
I think the most important thing about a protein powder is that it doesn't taste fake or gay.

If you can manage that, it's probably fine.

And to Gurgeh - the reason why we don't eat more protein with meals is because when you're actively trying to build muscle, eating enough protein to optimally build is very difficult for a lot of people to get via food. A good, high quality protein powder makes it much easier to hit your macro targets without eating 9lbs of chicken a day

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gurgeh

I think the most important thing about a protein powder is that it doesn't taste fake or gay.

If you can manage that, it's probably fine.

And to Gurgeh - the reason why we don't eat more protein with meals is because when you're actively trying to build muscle, eating enough protein to optimally build is very difficult for a lot of people to get via food. A good, high quality protein powder makes it much easier to hit your macro targets without eating 9lbs of chicken a day
Eating properly is indeed difficult, but it's not something you can't manage. 250g of Steak one meal, 4 eggs and 100g of Ham/Sardine the other and you're at 120g of protein, which should be enough for building muscle, and definitely a whole lot better for your health in the long run than protein powder. Some retards used to believe you could only assimilate 40g of protein per meal, but that's disproven non-sense, think of how hunter gatherer lived... You can get your 100-150g of protein in a meal and that's going to be assimilated just fine. Then having actual whole food is most certainly going to improve even further assimilation, while having overall very high quality food (can't get much better than steak / eggs / sardine).

I think it's a bit of a shame that people put a LOT of effort into working out, optimizing that shit, then be super lazy when it comes to food, which is also a major factor, probably on par with exercising, for being healthy in the long run.

• 2Like

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>
Eating properly is indeed difficult, but it's not something you can't manage. 250g of Steak one meal, 4 eggs and 100g of Ham/Sardine the other and you're at 120g of protein, which should be enough for building muscle, and definitely a whole lot better for your health in the long run than protein powder. Some retards used to believe you could only assimilate 40g of protein per meal, but that's disproven non-sense, think of how hunter gatherer lived... You can get your 100-150g of protein in a meal and that's going to be assimilated just fine. Then having actual whole food is most certainly going to improve even further assimilation, while having overall very high quality food (can't get much better than steak / eggs / sardine).

I think it's a bit of a shame that people put a LOT of effort into working out, optimizing that shit, then be super lazy when it comes to food, which is also a major factor, probably on par with exercising, for being healthy in the long run.

Yeah, but 120g is just over half of my goal for the day, which is the reason why we use it.

You do you. My life has done nothing but improve since I've started using it though. Although mine has a lot less ingredients than that one.

Sludig

Buzzfeed Editor
Yeah, but 120g is just over half of my goal for the day, which is the reason why we use it.

You do you. My life has done nothing but improve since I've started using it though. Although mine has a lot less ingredients than that one.
What do you use and is it triple the cost

Sterling

El Presidente
150-200g of protein if you're trying to also be in a calorie deficit can be fairly tedious if you try to do it entirely from food so having an occasional whey protein shake is pretty damn convenient. The trick is to buy small amounts until you find a flavor that isn't dogshit, then buy in bulk for the savings. It also makes for a good time to do your daily creatine dose if you do that as well.

Currently doing Keto. I'm in keto every day but lately every morning I'm not in keto. As day goes on I re-enter keto. Should my keto sticks be deep red every day for me to actually accomplish keto?

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey Protein Powder, Cookies & Cream, 5 Pound (Pack of 1) (Packaging May Vary) Amazon.com

If Amazon links don't work, because it's gay on this board,

Just don't get Vanilla ice cream. I bought giant ones of that and S'mores and the vanilla is just painful to get down. S'mores is great, highly recommend that one

• 1Seriously?
  • 1Picard

Sterling

El Presidente
Flavor is very subjective when it comes to this shit. There's a dude I know that swears by Body Fortress Chocolate which he mixes in milk and I think that stuff tastes like ass. Just terrible.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Gurgeh

Currently doing Keto. I'm in keto every day but lately every morning I'm not in keto. As day goes on I re-enter keto. Should my keto sticks be deep red every day for me to actually accomplish keto?
It's too hard to be 'deep' in keto for an extended period of time, and not clear you should. That's why most people moved away from it. If you're on/off you're already doing better than most people doing keto, but in fact are just low carb, but not enough to actualy be in ketosis.

And it doesn't seem keto is any better than low carb mediteranean diet in the long run, so it's fine, by being borderline keto you're probably getting most of the benefit.

Cutlery

<Gold Donor>
Just don't get Vanilla ice cream. I bought giant ones of that and S'mores and the vanilla is just painful to get down. S'mores is great, highly recommend that one

Just mix more shit in it.

I love strawberry flavored anything. Literally the only thing I have gotten from DQ in the past 25 years is a strawberry blizzard. Every week the kids go to Chick-fil-A and bring me home a strawberry shake.

Gold Standard strawberry? Fucking wretched.

Gold standard Strawberry....mixed with real strawberries? Very tolerable.

Sludig

Buzzfeed Editor
Ya I usually get nauseated by most vanilla or cookies and cream shit, much prefer even a shitty chocolate flavor, I'm shocked they don't have peanut butter as a popular flavor

Daidraco

Ya I usually get nauseated by most vanilla or cookies and cream shit, much prefer even a shitty chocolate flavor, I'm shocked they don't have peanut butter as a popular flavor
Vanilla itself, at least for the low calorie powders, reminds me of eating cereal with water instead of milk. I mean, I am using water after all. But another flavor like Salted Caramel is a fucking banger with water. You can tell Vanilla is like the bottom dollar choice, too. Because my supplier always sells out of all the other flavors well before all he has is Vanilla left, and then he does a deep discount.

But dont write off Vanilla as a whole - Ive had a "Vanilla Ice Cream" flavor and it was delicious. Its just too bad I bought that powder by mistake, as each serving was 150 calories p/s.