Weight Loss Thread

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
Vanilla itself, at least for the low calorie powders, reminds me of eating cereal with water instead of milk. I mean, I am using water after all. But another flavor like Salted Caramel is a fucking banger with water. You can tell Vanilla is like the bottom dollar choice, too. Because my supplier always sells out of all the other flavors well before all he has is Vanilla left, and then he does a deep discount.

But dont write off Vanilla as a whole - Ive had a "Vanilla Ice Cream" flavor and it was delicious. Its just too bad I bought that powder by mistake, as each serving was 150 calories p/s.

I tried doing it with water, but honestly, skim milk was the way to go for every flavor I tried. Adds minimal calories, but makes the flavor really pop

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
I imagine most of us are already taking Vitamin supplements.
71v833cIQfL._AC_SX679_.jpg

613Uef11v3L._AC_SX679_.jpg
Lot of garbage ingredients in that.

Try this IMO, doesn't have any garbage filler ingredients whatsoever.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
You'll want to eat both before and after a workout generally. Before you want to eat something more slow burning before the work out so you have fuel. The reason you want to also eat after a workout is because within a few hours after a workout is when your body is most likely going to use nutrients to build/repair/refuel muscle as its in a recovery phase so to speak.
Nah you definitely should not eat before a workout. Altho I guess it depends how soon before you mean. An hour or less? Definitely no. The absolute minimum you should wait after eating is 1 hour even if it's a light meal. A much heavier meal you'll want to wait atleast 2 and more likely 3 hours. If you don't you'll very likely get indigestion which is pretty bad.

What I do every day just about is I wake up drink a little bit of water and like a shot sized amount of something with flavor just to get rid of morning mouth. Then I wait about 30 and make a shake and then I go workout about 90-120 mins later for atleast 60 sometimes 90 mins. Then I come home and eat a small meal.

Eating after a workout is by far the most optimal time to be eating. You don't need fuel from food directly before working out, that's what glycogen and fat is for.

• 1Like

Larnix

Blackwing Lair Raider
Been using this for awhile. I like it
I bought that same one from Costco and the taste seemed fake to me. I started adding 1 serving of peanut butter powder and its nice. I found chocolate from the same company and ended mixing 2 equal parts together into 1 container and I love the flavor.

1 or 2 servings of protien powder, 1 serving of Greek yogurt, 1 serving of peanut butter powder, some ice in a blender, a cup of fresh blueberries and you have a great after workout meal.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Opinions on this at costco. Like I said I don't like powder much, but if I give it another try, no sugar or carbs sounds good, I'll deal with the fake sweetener I assume it has cancer later.

View attachment 533528
Just fyi this stuff is hot fucking garbage. Any brand that uses artificial sweeteners can automatically be written off as low quality trash. Need more protein? Either use the powder I linked a couple posts ago or just eat more chicken/beans/lentils. If you eat white rice, switch it with purple/black rice which has way more protein. Add peanut/almond or whatever butter to shakes. Overly processed garbage is just terrible for you.

• 1Like