Weight Loss Thread

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Ahh yes. The old "real food will kill you so supplement all the things you get from it with fake, processed powders"

Hilarious.
Ah yes I literally said like 2 posts ago that food is the optimal source and that I don't take powders or recommend them. Food sources are best, just not ones that are complete shit.

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
Do you have historical bloodwork data you can compare your cholesterol numbers to? For some people it can be genetics, to a degree.
No, I've basically just had the mentality of "you go to a doctor if you think something is seriously wrong" up to this point in my life. I'm about to hit 45 and thought it was probably time I start... But to be honest, a big part of me was thinking that seeing a Dr regularly was more of a 65+ thing, or just for people with clear medical issues.

• 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 1 user

Furry

BROWN NOW
<Gold Donor>
No, I've basically just had the mentality of "you go to a doctor if you think something is seriously wrong" up to this point in my life. I'm about to hit 45 and thought it was probably time I start... But to be honest, a big part of me was thinking that seeing a Dr regularly was more of a 65+ thing, or just for people with clear medical issues.
I get a full medical work up with extensive testing multiple times a year. Stress tests, ekgs, full body MRIs, ect. Costs someone a shitload of money, but thankfully not me.

• 1Worf
  • 1Moron
Reactions: 1 users

The_Black_Log Foler

PalsCo CEO - Stock Pals | Pantheon Pals
<Gold Donor>
What supplements do I have to take to become like this

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
What supplements do I have to take to become like this

There are some older dudes at the Gym I go to that have thick arms like him. He's not "small" in his chest, but his chest isnt Arnold'ish either. I personally dont think my arms are big, but I'm quickly told otherwise. Cant tell if thats just bros being bros, or if following their lead - Im actually getting somewhere. I just want the veins, but my body fat isnt in the Athletic ~12% range. I think my hurdle was mentally understanding that certain exercises, no matter how insignificant they "seem" will bust your ass if you overload and do them correctly. The older dudes helped me find the rhythm. For example, look at all the shit I do with Triceps now:

There are three tricep Kickback positions I do on an adjustable cable that isolates the inner part of my tricep, the outer rear part of my tricep, and the third concentrates on what seems like the base of my tricep. (Dont know what they are working scientifically, just going by what I feel like is getting worked.) Then follow that up with just some basic Tricep Pushdowns. Then there are three Tricep Barbell exercises I do that are variations of overhead, lying, etc. where just the simple change of my grip can work a different part of that muscle group. Speaking of grip, and especially if you are overloading for size - the amount of weight I was able to overload increased substantially when I changed up which attachment I used to do my kick backs, push downs, etc. I started off by using the ankle strap for the Pushdowns instead and within a month, I had doubled my weight. (I do 6x20 on pushdowns, so my wrist and fingers were purple/aching by the time I got done with the old attachments.)

Thats just the fucking Triceps. Not my Biceps, or Shoulders, or Chest or Lats. I have half a dozen exercises for everything that I work, now. When I start to plateau in a muscle group, I change my push/pull regiment to another muscle group. My gym time went from an hour back in November, to now, Im leaving between 2 and a half to 3 hours after getting there. Im thinking about cutting down to three days a week so I can have some time to myself - but I literally feel like a lazy piece of shit when I dont go. So I dont know whats better for my mental health in this situation.

I also have one bro thats in his late 20's that is an absolute freak of nature, but he admits to using Trenbolone. I "want" the results that he's getting, but I personally just dont see the point since I dont do competitions or model. Never mind the negative effects its supposed to have on you.

What personally bothers me now that Ive reached a lot of my own goals, is that women that dont go to the Gym are attracted to me. But every time I go out with one for any length of time, they complain Im at the gym too much. Which, fuck.. if I only go once or twice a week - I might as well not even go and thats not what I want to do. So I've been trying to date women that go to a gym, and Im striking out cold with these bitches. lol

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
There are some older dudes at the Gym I go to that have thick arms like him. He's not "small" in his chest, but his chest isnt Arnold'ish either. I personally dont think my arms are big, but I'm quickly told otherwise. Cant tell if thats just bros being bros, or if following their lead - Im actually getting somewhere. I just want the veins, but my body fat isnt in the Athletic ~12% range. I think my hurdle was mentally understanding that certain exercises, no matter how insignificant they "seem" will bust your ass if you overload and do them correctly. The older dudes helped me find the rhythm. For example, look at all the shit I do with Triceps now:

There are three tricep Kickback positions I do on an adjustable cable that isolates the inner part of my tricep, the outer rear part of my tricep, and the third concentrates on what seems like the base of my tricep. (Dont know what they are working scientifically, just going by what I feel like is getting worked.) Then follow that up with just some basic Tricep Pushdowns. Then there are three Tricep Barbell exercises I do that are variations of overhead, lying, etc. where just the simple change of my grip can work a different part of that muscle group. Speaking of grip, and especially if you are overloading for size - the amount of weight I was able to overload increased substantially when I changed up which attachment I used to do my kick backs, push downs, etc. I started off by using the ankle strap for the Pushdowns instead and within a month, I had doubled my weight. (I do 6x20 on pushdowns, so my wrist and fingers were purple/aching by the time I got done with the old attachments.)

Thats just the fucking Triceps. Not my Biceps, or Shoulders, or Chest or Lats. I have half a dozen exercises for everything that I work, now. When I start to plateau in a muscle group, I change my push/pull regiment to another muscle group. My gym time went from an hour back in November, to now, Im leaving between 2 and a half to 3 hours after getting there. Im thinking about cutting down to three days a week so I can have some time to myself - but I literally feel like a lazy piece of shit when I dont go. So I dont know whats better for my mental health in this situation.

I also have one bro thats in his late 20's that is an absolute freak of nature, but he admits to using Trenbolone. I "want" the results that he's getting, but I personally just dont see the point since I dont do competitions or model. Never mind the negative effects its supposed to have on you.

What personally bothers me now that Ive reached a lot of my own goals, is that women that dont go to the Gym are attracted to me. But every time I go out with one for any length of time, they complain Im at the gym too much. Which, fuck.. if I only go once or twice a week - I might as well not even go and thats not what I want to do. So I've been trying to date women that go to a gym, and Im striking out cold with these bitches. lol
Have a rec for a 4-5 day routine that’s 1-1.5 hours? Been doing a full body 3x a week to get back into gym and I feel like I’m conditioned pretty well after maybe 10 weeks.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Have a rec for a 4-5 day routine that’s 1-1.5 hours? Been doing a full body 3x a week to get back into gym and I feel like I’m conditioned pretty well after maybe 10 weeks.
This was the last Phase training I did and thats roughly the time schedule you're wanting. I've changed my routine up to focus on the muscles that "I" want to work on.

Day 1Sets / RepsDay 2Sets / Reps
Face Pulls4 X 15Face Pulls4 X 15
Shoulder Side and Front Raise4 X 30Shoulder Side and Front Raise4 X 30
Rest Period :2 minRest Period: 2 min
Back Squat (Hack Squat or Free Weights)3 X 15Tempo Close Grip Bench Press5 X 5 (5 s concetric 5 s eccentric)
AccessoriesAccessories
Split Squats4 X 15Incline Bench Press3 X 6 (Heavy)
Tempo Leg Extensions4 X 10 (5 s eccentric, 5 s concentric)Tricep Cable Extension6 X 20
Dumbell RDL4 x 10 HEAVYSeated Row6 X 15
Barbell Bicep Curl4 X 15Lat Pulldowns6 X 15
Dumbell Bicep Curl4 X 15Rest Period: 1 min between sets
Standindg Calf Raises4 X 15Cardio: Interval Bike10 minutes total
Rest Period: 1 min and 30 seconds between sets30 seconds fast 30 seconds slow
Cardio: Interval Bike10 minutes total
30 seconds fast 30 seconds slow
Day 3Sets / RepsDay 4Sets / Reps
Dumbell Pullover (45 lb)30Face Pulls4 X 15
Hanging Leg Raises30Shoulder Side and Front Raise4 X 30
Plank1 MinuteRest Period: 2 min
Leg Raises30Hack Squat9 X 20
Mountain Climbers1 MinuteSplit Squats4 X 15
Scissor "V'30Barbell Bicep Curl4 X 15
Dumbell Pullover (45 lb)30Dumbell Bicep Curl4 X 15
Russian Twist30Cardio: Interval Treadmill10 minutes total
x 530 seconds fast 30 seconds slow
Day 5Sets / Reps
Face Pulls4 X 15
Shoulder Side and Front Raise4 X 30
Rest Period: 2 min
Dumbell Press4 X 15 (Heavy)
Incline Dumbell Press3 X 10
Cable Tricep Pushdown9 X 20
Wide Grip Lat pulldowns4 X 15
Seated row4 X 15
Hamstring Curls3 X 12
Rest Period: 1 min and 30 seconds between sets
30 seconds

• 1Like

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
This was the last Phase training I did and thats roughly the time schedule you're wanting. I've changed my routine up to focus on the muscles that "I" want to work on.

Day 1Sets / RepsDay 2Sets / Reps
Face Pulls4 X 15Face Pulls4 X 15
Shoulder Side and Front Raise4 X 30Shoulder Side and Front Raise4 X 30
Rest Period :2 minRest Period: 2 min
Back Squat (Hack Squat or Free Weights)3 X 15Tempo Close Grip Bench Press5 X 5 (5 s concetric 5 s eccentric)
AccessoriesAccessories
Split Squats4 X 15Incline Bench Press3 X 6 (Heavy)
Tempo Leg Extensions4 X 10 (5 s eccentric, 5 s concentric)Tricep Cable Extension6 X 20
Dumbell RDL4 x 10 HEAVYSeated Row6 X 15
Barbell Bicep Curl4 X 15Lat Pulldowns6 X 15
Dumbell Bicep Curl4 X 15Rest Period: 1 min between sets
Standindg Calf Raises4 X 15Cardio: Interval Bike10 minutes total
Rest Period: 1 min and 30 seconds between sets30 seconds fast 30 seconds slow
30 seconds fast 30 seconds slow
Day 3Sets / RepsDay 4Sets / Reps
Dumbell Pullover (45 lb)30Face Pulls4 X 15
Hanging Leg Raises30Shoulder Side and Front Raise4 X 30
Plank1 MinuteRest Period: 2 min
Leg Raises30Hack Squat9 X 20
Mountain Climbers1 MinuteSplit Squats4 X 15
Scissor "V'30Barbell Bicep Curl4 X 15
Dumbell Pullover (45 lb)30Dumbell Bicep Curl4 X 15
Russian Twist30Cardio: Interval Treadmill10 minutes total
x 530 seconds fast 30 seconds slow
Day 5Sets / Reps
Face Pulls4 X 15
Shoulder Side and Front Raise4 X 30
Rest Period: 2 min
Dumbell Press4 X 15 (Heavy)
Incline Dumbell Press3 X 10
Cable Tricep Pushdown9 X 20
Wide Grip Lat pulldowns4 X 15
Seated row4 X 15
Hamstring Curls3 X 12
Rest Period: 1 min and 30 seconds between sets
30 seconds
Thank you!

• 1Like

Masakari

Which way, western man?
<Gold Donor>
I lost 70 lbs since last year due to intermittent fasting and not playing World of WoWcraft, it works well.

• 6Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 6 users

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
Anyone have a multivitamin rec? Been using orange triad with greens but need something slightly more minimalist as the vitamin c contents are too high and I want to skip the glucosamine.

Gurgeh

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Anyone have a multivitamin rec? Been using orange triad with greens but need something slightly more minimalist as the vitamin c contents are too high and I want to skip the glucosamine.
It's probably better to rotate your vitamin rather than taking the same all the time. I know chinese doctors like to give a different prescription for each season. Intuitively it seems a good idea.

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
It's probably better to rotate your vitamin rather than taking the same all the time. I know chinese doctors like to give a different prescription for each season. Intuitively it seems a good idea.
I’m open to it. Just need to know what vitamins I guess.

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Also, you end up getting a bunch of shit you don’t need. While a bunch of stuff gets pissed out I figure no need to give your body extra work and spend money that’s going into the toilet. I will say that I use an AG1 alternative, and notice a positive difference when I’m taking it regularly.

Of course, YMMV/do what works for you.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
I personally dont think my arms are big, but I'm quickly told otherwise. Cant tell if thats just bros being bros, or if following their lead - Im actually getting somewhere.

I think it's the fact that you can't see your triceps. I feel the same way...I envy almost all guys, even guys smaller than me for their arm size, but one day I realized that I'm seeing the sides and backs of their arms, and I never get to see that of my own. Every time I look in the mirror, I'm just seeing 40% of my arms size and I feel inadequate. Then every once in awhile I'm doing something and get a "whoa" unexpectedly.

It doesn't change the feelings of inadequacy, but it at least makes sense, that arms are something we can't perceive correctly on ourselves, and we can on others.

• 1Like

Gurgeh

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I’m open to it. Just need to know what vitamins I guess.
You'll need to do a little bit of work
What would you like to improve? For example : fuck it's summer, my allergies are back. Get on quercetine, nac, iodine and some b vitamine. Then fuck it's autumn i'm going to get sick again, you start on vitamine C, D, zinc, copper and maybe some green tea extract. Then in winter you go B, D, magnesium, and pollen to prepare for next year allergies, etc..

Then, you see what it does, for example if you notice you have more energy or sleep better when you take magnesium, don't supplement it all the time, but increase a little bit your intake from your diet, and keep supplementing only a few months a year.

It's a bit of work to do it yourself, but definitely doable in this age. It's also possible to find actual doctors or chinese 'doctor' that are good at this.

• 1Like

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
15 lbs down since April. Shooting for another 10-15 before my next cholesterol test in October.

Last edited:
  • 8Like
Reactions: 7 users