Weight Loss Thread

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I've done Atkins and while it's great for getting lean, fuck that shit as a "lifestyle". Cutting out carbs as a lifestyle might keep your weight off, but eating food is right up there with sex as far as the more pleasurable things we do in life. Bread and pasta are just too good to completely cut out of my life. Learn moderation and work out and you can eat whatever the hell you want.
Spoken like a true guinea. Not disagreeing with you either. Can you guess which culture adopted the Atkins diet the least, by far?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Sweet tooth is temporary. After 6-7 weeks you no longer crave that stuff. After a few months you lose all interest.
You're really making huge assumptions here. Yes carb addiction is a thing. Yes the American diet is too high in carbs. But to say someone will lose all interest in carbohydrates is just ridiculous. You could put me on any diet you want for as long as you want, you could brainwash me into thinking factually wrong things like 'sucrose is poison' and I'm still going to want to eat

ribbon-pasta-11.jpg

tiramisu1.jpg

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
<Trapped in Randomonia>
You're really making huge assumptions here. Yes carb addiction is a thing. Yes the American diet is too high in carbs. But to say someone will lose all interest in carbohydrates is just ridiculous. ]
I've been low carb/carb cycling off and on for the last 18 months. It definitely gets easier to completely remove sugary treats the longer I go on. Reintroducing them, eg over Christmas, definitely gives you the taste for sugar again and I can find it tough to go back to being strict with my diet.

I probably went up to 15% BF between Christmas and March, just because I couldn't go two weeks without succumbing to a Dominoes + Cookies + Ice Cream combo. Decided in April that I would be strict and cut back down to 10% and will be lean enough to start bulking again by July. Definitely the longer you go without sugary treats, the easier it gets. Although, that's probably partly fuelled by motivation from seeing results in the mirror each week

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I recognize the tiramisu, but I'm a bit ashamed to not know the first one.
It's just a pasta dish, a particularly healthy one, that according to Himeo is turned into poison in your body.

Ossoi aren't you the guy that eats like 10x chicken breasts a day?

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
<Trapped in Randomonia>
It's just a pasta dish, a particularly healthy one, that according to Himeo is turned into poison in your body.

Ossoi aren't you the guy that eats like 10x chicken breasts a day?
On non training days I go low carb, which means getting 300g protein. 1kg of lean meat and a protein shake is usually sufficient.

Himeo

Vyemm Raider
I even lift.

Speaking of liver problems, blood results before keto and after:

Before Keto
ALT (12-61) 78
AST (9-40) 59

After 3 months keto
ALT (12-61) 22
AST (9-40) 14

Cleaned up my fatty liver problem in a hurry.

iannis

Musty Nester
Oh, you mean it in the way that "an excess of any particular component is detrimental to the system".

Well yeah, sure. No shit. Preach that gospel.

It is not actually poison. The converse is also true: the complete lack of any particular thing is detrimental.

iannis

Musty Nester
I actually like no carb/low carb diets because in order to use them and in order for them to be effective a person has to educate themselves on basic physiology and WHY they work in the first place.

But if they're not willing to take that step, it's way way better to just tell them to eat whatever they want, just less of it, and move more.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I even lift.

Speaking of liver problems, blood results before keto and after:

Before Keto
ALT (12-61) 78
AST (9-40) 59

After 3 months keto
ALT (12-61) 22
AST (9-40) 14

Cleaned up my fatty liver problem in a hurry.
What do these numbers mean?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
If you mix it with butter is that like dark magic where it draws out the pain and misery via diabetes?

Himeo

Vyemm Raider
Alanine Aminotransferase (ALT)

ALT is measured to see if the liver is damaged or diseased. Low levels of ALT are normally found in the blood. But when the liver is damaged or diseased, it releases ALT into the bloodstream, which makes ALT levels go up. Most increases in ALT levels are caused by liver damage.

The ALT test is often done along with other tests that check for liver damage, including aspartate aminotransferase (AST), alkaline phosphatase, lactate dehydrogenase (LDH), and bilirubin. Both ALT and AST levels are reliable tests for liver damage.
Aspartate Aminotransferase (AST)

Low levels of AST are normally found in the blood. When body tissue or an organ such as the heart or liver is diseased or damaged, additional AST is released into the bloodstream. The amount of AST in the blood is directly related to the extent of the tissue damage. After severe damage, AST levels rise in 6 to 10 hours and remain high for about 4 days.

The AST test may be done at the same time as a test for alanine aminotransferase, or ALT. The ratio of AST to ALT sometimes can help determine whether the liver or another organ has been damaged. Both ALT and AST levels can test for liver damage.
It means I was being poisoned by sugar. LOL

Fucking retards. I'm dropping gospel truth on you and you refuse to listen. Just trying to save your lives, bros.

Himeo

Vyemm Raider
If you lift weights then, unless you're fat, you should be cycling carbs to fuel muscle growth. There's no reason to ignore them completely
Yeah, this is bullshit. Sure if I've been lifting for a few years it might help. But I've been lifting for less than six months. Them newbie gains, brah.