What If...?

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I think ep4 was supposed to be in the first season but was cut. Even had a LEGO set.

I could probably listen to a full episode of Korg just saying random shit, lol.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Only 2 episodes in. If S1 had started like this I doubt I'd have bothered finishing it.

"Hey guys, lets explore the multiverse by telling stories about what if someone you don't give a shit about and barely remember, did something you don't give a shit about, instead of someone else you barely remember? This'll be AWESOME"

It wasnt a hard formula. Pick a well known and liked character or event, and show what would have happened if they took the other path instead.

Instead we get this. /facepalm

Ep 5 sounds like it breaks this mold and gets back to the winning formula, but I'm sure they'll find a way to focus on some bullshit character I don't even remember, like its all gonna focus on how Peggy Carters little sister had a different career in this universe and became a paralegal instead of a secretary.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
Much like the first season, most of it will probably end up coming together, the end of ep. 5 appears to be the beginning of that.

Outside of that, thought ep.5 was one of the weaker episodes.

Cybsled

I liked episode 5. I thought it would just be a straight up retelling of Winter Soldier, but I liked how they brought in the Red Room stuff. The scene with the robots reminded me of something you'd see in Fallout.

Cybsled

Episode 6 is out - the ending of 5 and the ending of 6 seems to be connecting to an larger scope finale.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I enjoyed the Blade Runner style and references in episode 1 and the Die Hard episode 3.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Only 2 episodes in. If S1 had started like this I doubt I'd have bothered finishing it.

"Hey guys, lets explore the multiverse by telling stories about what if someone you don't give a shit about and barely remember, did something you don't give a shit about, instead of someone else you barely remember? This'll be AWESOME"

It wasnt a hard formula. Pick a well known and liked character or event, and show what would have happened if they took the other path instead.

Instead we get this. /facepalm

Ep 5 sounds like it breaks this mold and gets back to the winning formula, but I'm sure they'll find a way to focus on some bullshit character I don't even remember, like its all gonna focus on how Peggy Carters little sister had a different career in this universe and became a paralegal instead of a secretary.

Season 1 had more misses than hits and started with 2 garbage woke episodes and a "this is stupid" episode before hitting gold with Dr Strange

• 1Like

Djay

Trakanon Raider
Not going to act like Season 1 was gold, but Episode 6 of S2 was "The Falcon and the Winter Soldier" levels of horrible.

Cybsled

Episode 6 suffered by trying to cram an entire hero origin story into less than 30 minutes. Conquistadors in New York I can kind of forgive since Nordic history was changed by Odin never going to there and dropping off the Tesseract there and maybe the Spanish decided to land in NE America for reasons as a result? It was basically a Ponce De Leon situation bringing them there

Concept was kind of cool - basically everything was getting juiced up by the space infinity stone. The premise really just needed more time to breath and develop.

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
Yeah, for what it was it was better than I expected it to be.

Also under extras for What If...? is an English version of ep. 6 for those who don't like subtitles.

Cybsled

Episode 7 was decent - Hera and the ancient Shang Chi universe was fairly entertaining

• 1Like

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
I could enjoy a whole season of episodes around that Hela variant and universe.

Same w/ the 1602 Avengers. They do a good job of making these feel like the What If...? comics.

2 of my favorite episodes of the season so far. Wonder how many different takes we've got now on incursions in the MCU, heh.

• 1Like

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
Didn't realize they dropped a teaser for season 3 last week.

Red Guardian and Bucky evading Bill Foster.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Is this season worth watching? I wasn't impressed with ep1
There's no evidence any of this will matter long term to The Franchise, so its just the question if the rushed storylines work for you.

That said, if Episode 1 with its Blade Runner vibe, plausible character mashups (Jude Law / Korg / Howard the Duck / etc. in a space setting), and mostly original voice actors didn't do anything for you, then no, you should probably quit now.

• 1Like

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Didn't think much of the Nebula season opener but I loved the Peter Quill v. the Avengers episode. Hope they keep building up.