What vehicle do you drive?

Haus

<Gaming Ghost>
This guy sounds like the idiots on Reddit who just blame the "suits" all the time in businesses. Ad rates have dropped across the board. There is less money out there so gotta cut and try to do with less or close down. You need to be really lean to run a youtube channel now a days.

This goes back to a lesson I have seen failed over and over in both content circles, and in almost every aspect of business....
  1. A small group of people have an idea/content/way of doing something which they are passionate about, and people like.
  2. They build that small idea/thing up into a small company/organization. They find a niche and start making a little money.
  3. They get the idea that "With some more funding we could go big with this!!!"
  4. In comes venture capital
  5. Original owners think they're smart enough to beat VC people at their own game...
  6. They are NEVER correct in this assumption
  7. See contents of video.
I've seen this happen at two different cybersecurity companies I've worked at. The last one the owner of it was beside himself as at one point he had to have it out with the board, and threatened to turn in his resignation (he was CEO at the time) and they said "well OK, drop it off at the front desk" and he was essentially booted out of his own company. The board then promoted the person they installed as COO to CEO.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Also, we ordered a Model Y middle of last month and just picked it up on Monday. Their .99% APR offer really backed things up, we also got the new silver color which didn't help. Anyhow, put up the 2019 Model 3 on FB Marketplace late last night and have been getting messages all morning. Responded to the first 7 or 8 but had to do some work. Hoping to get rid of it this weekend.

**edit for spelling

Last edited:

Siliconemelons

Anyone got exp with using the biggest tires that your rims can take vs stock size?

According to the Mach e forum i can get half inch taller and wider tires on mine - and i actually would like that little height and width boost vs “omg your mileage!!!” lol i just want to be sure its “safe”

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Anyone got exp with using the biggest tires that your rims can take vs stock size?

According to the Mach e forum i can get half inch taller and wider tires on mine - and i actually would like that little height and width boost vs “omg your mileage!!!” lol i just want to be sure its “safe”
It’s safe, you’re fine.

• 1Solidarity

Burns

I would generally trust an enthusiast forum.

Things to be aware of: Taller tires will throw your speedometer off (vehicle will be going faster than shown) unless you have it recalibrated. Outside of that, the info you found is probably based on stock ride height; so if that changes somehow, you might get a (small) rub if you hit a huge pothole or something that will maximize the compression on your shocks/struts (A.K.A. don't decrease the ride height w/o taking larger tires into account). There are little bumpers on your shocks called bump stops that can also help stop hitting max compression, even if you do hit something major.

• 1Like

Siliconemelons

I would generally trust an enthusiast forum.

Things to be aware of: Taller tires will throw your speedometer off (vehicle will be going faster than shown) unless you have it recalibrated. Outside of that, the info you found is probably based on stock ride height; so if that changes somehow, you might get a (small) rub if you hit a huge pothole or something that will maximize the compression on your shocks/struts (A.K.A. don't decrease the ride height w/o taking larger tires into account). There are little bumpers on your shocks called bump stops that can also help stop hitting max compression, even if you do hit something major.

I have a premium and its wheels really can’t take much bigger than they have nor can they donut or whatever with oversized ones.

The GT models have bigger rims that can take larger and wider, they have reported some rub- the premiums people have put the max on w no rub or compression rub- and the spedomitor is low stock, all those side of road things and phone gps clock me 2-4 under, so most people that did the taller tires say, just now assume its correct lol

Thanks for the info, need new tires and the stock are soo thin

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Also if you're cutting it close you need to actually measure real tires because dimensions are not standard even if the section height and width is.

Siliconemelons

Everyone that has used the biggest size on the stock premium rims has had no issues, the GTs some have so I think i should be good… gotta see if my fav used place has em… as you said sometimes things can still be off… hate to have issue with 1200$ worth of rubber vs like 300

ToeMissile

<Gold Donor>
Also, we ordered a Model Y middle of last month and just picked it up on Monday. Their .99% APR offer really backed things up, we also got the new silver color which didn't help. Anyhow, put up the 2019 Model 3 on FB Marketplace late last night and have been getting messages all morning. Responded to the first 7 or 8 but had to do some work. Hoping to get rid of it this weekend.

**edit for spelling
Jesus, ended up getting 70 responses to the add. I decided to try the cheapest 'boost/ad' tier which was $24 for 3 days, per FB I got over 4k clicks on the posting. It was a pain in the ass to sort through all the messages, and only really got a couple scam/marketing attempts. Ended up selling to a small used car dealer for $2k over the Carvana quote. Probably could have gotten a little more but were happy with the time/effort to $$$ ratio.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Siliconemelons

2k over caravan car max kbbicp etc is good imo, you generally with email type effort get a god 500-1k

Sometimes it is not worth the r v w on private

ToeMissile

<Gold Donor>
2k over caravan car max kbbicp etc is good imo, you generally with email type effort get a god 500-1k

Sometimes it is not worth the r v w on private
We had an earlier carvana quote of about 1500 higher but by the time the new car was ready and I updated the quote it had dropped. I was pretty fuckin' annoyed.

The guy I sold to was super easy to deal with, I'll probably reach out to him again once I'm ready to get rid of the 4Runner.

• 1Like

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
We had an earlier carvana quote of about 1500 higher but by the time the new car was ready and I updated the quote it had dropped. I was pretty fuckin' annoyed.

The guy I sold to was super easy to deal with, I'll probably reach out to him again once I'm ready to get rid of the 4Runner.
Year, trim, mileage, color, maintenance synopsis?

Sludig

Buzzfeed Editor
Shitty fuzzy photo, but man, still love that ass and tail lights. Parked under the awning to avoid the storm and I'm the on my one here on the weekend so fuck your parking stripes.

1000004705.jpg