What vehicle do you drive?

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Currently driving a 2016 GMC Sierra, next Summer my oldest will turn 16 and I plan him using my Sierra as a daily driver. I am really leaning toward getting a Toyota Sequoia for myself. Thoughts/feedback from Sequoia owners?
I test drove a Sequoia along with the other Toyota SUV's about 10 years ago before deciding I didn't need/want an SUV.

However the Sequoia was super nice, good Toyota quality. I read up on some of the new SUV's a few weeks ago, and they are all super-loaded with luxury features now. You need to decide if you like the Japanese-style SUV, no big american V8, but you get the japanese hybrid turbo V6 - which feels quite different. They aren't towing monsters and they get the same shitty mpg as american trucks. To me it really comes down to whether you prefer the bells/whistles you can get with the new American SUV's like a Yukon Denali or you prefer the Japanese style. Both of them seem like very competent, expensive SUV's.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Palum

what Suineg set it to
If you're looking at Sequoias look at the Lexus GX too. Basically all the new Toyota SUVs are pretty nice inside.

Personally I'd go for the four runner unless you need the bigger space.

• 1Like

Palum

what Suineg set it to
LMAO pricing leaked on Dodge Charger EV

dodge.png

So uhhh anyone want an 80k dodge that performs worse than a model 3? That's like the same price as a Model S Plaid or thereabouts?

• 3WTF
Reactions: 2 users

Burns

Chargers are a hoodrat car, so obviously they are going for that just won the lotto drug dealer money, who is also environmentally conscious.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
LMAO pricing leaked on Dodge Charger EV

View attachment 539555

So uhhh anyone want an 80k dodge that performs worse than a model 3? That's like the same price as a Model S Plaid or thereabouts?
They build shit like this and then go "consumers don't want EV's!" ... yea we don't want shitty ones.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Just traded my 2021 RAM Limited for a 2024 Ford F-150 Tremor.

BlueCruise is aight. Still feels like it's in beta though.

IMG_6162.jpeg

• 5Like
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 5 users

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Honestly I could see Dodge getting shut down soon. They have nothing on offer right now and if the economy continues on the path it has been I don't see the Charger accomplishing anything but hastening its demise.

Siliconemelons

Do you feel the ford is an upgrade? I personally like the interior and look of the ram… but i have had neither

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Honestly I could see Dodge getting shut down soon. They have nothing on offer right now and if the economy continues on the path it has been I don't see the Charger accomplishing anything but hastening its demise.

RAM trucks are the nicest truck on the market imo. I loved mine. It was just at 77k miles and I wanted to try out the ADAS offering from Ford.

Lowkey the RAM box is prob the best superficial innovation on a truck in decades.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Do you feel the ford is an upgrade? I personally like the interior and look of the ram… but i have had neither

No. My RAM was nicer. It’s a downgrade, so we’ll see how long I’m happy with it.

• 1Like

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Selling a car. People offering 20% less than my asking price, or proposing stupid trades. wtf is wrong with people?

• 1Solidarity

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
Selling a car. People offering 20% less than my asking price, or proposing stupid trades. wtf is wrong with people?

There are lots of title jumping car flippers out there. If you actually sold it to one of them they would likely try to title jump and resell it. The other thing they do is buy the car then come back later saying it has a undisclosed issues and demand money back threatening to sue you. Askcarsales subreddit has nearly weekly posts about someone dealing with these people.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There are lots of title jumping car flippers out there. If you actually sold it to one of them they would likely try to title jump and resell it. The other thing they do is buy the car then come back later saying it has an undisclosed issues and demand money back threatening to sue you. Askcarsales subreddit has nearly weekly posts about someone dealing with these people.
Some hood rat isn’t going to beat my attorneys. But that sounds like such a major hassle. So far I’ve only listed on enthusiast sites, thinking it would be better buyers.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Some hood rat isn’t going to beat my attorneys. But that sounds like such a major hassle. So far I’ve only listed on enthusiast sites, thinking it would be better buyers.

Scumbags are everywhere these days. I put my PS5 up for sale during Covid and some guy took my pictures and started spamming ads with much cheaper prices. I had no idea this was going on and when I met the buyer it happened to be a cop, he even rolled up in his cruiser. He thought I was trying to scam him and I showed me a bunch of other sellers using my same pictures. I still don't understand the point of what they were doing seems like it would make you more sketchy if you were trying to scam someone.

Everybody basically wants something for nothing, even when I put things up for sale with good discounts because I want it gone I deal with some jackass offering like 10 bucks.

• 2Like
  • 1Mother of God

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider

They dont actually sue anyone. Just trying to scare the seller to get some money back and increase profits. Car flippers are all over, it is hard to avoid them and makes selling private party now a pain in the ass. Which I think you are starting to see first hand. What kinda car are you selling?

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They dont actually sue anyone. Just trying to scare the seller to get some money back and increase profits. Car flippers are all over, it is hard to avoid them and makes selling private party now a pain in the ass. Which I think you are starting to see first hand. What kinda car are you selling?
Yeah, didn’t used to be this hard.

it’s a very modified z06, which is not something a dealer will want. Only a car nerd would be interested.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>

it’s a very modified z06, which is not something a dealer will want. Only a car nerd would be interested.
I had more luck paying the shop to put my Z06 back to reasonably stock and then selling the parts and selling it as a "stock" car.

Without a unicorn buyer modded cars are so much harder to sell, but it can happen.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider

A heavily modified car is gonna be a really hard to find a buyer. While flippers and title jumpers are common, makes sense why you are only seeing them now. Cad's advice about making it stock is probably the best in terms of trying to sell it.