What vehicle do you drive?

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
A heavily modified car is gonna be a really hard to find a buyer. While flippers and title jumpers are common, makes sense why you are only seeing them now. Cad's advice about making it stock is probably the best in terms of trying to sell it.
That would require taking the engine apart and replacing internals, which isn’t happening.

if it doesn’t sell, it becomes the next track car, instead of starting with a roller and building from scratch.

Fucker

Log Wizard
They dont actually sue anyone. Just trying to scare the seller to get some money back and increase profits. Car flippers are all over, it is hard to avoid them and makes selling private party now a pain in the ass. Which I think you are starting to see first hand. What kinda car are you selling?
Pretty hard to beat "as is" when selling.

Burns

That would require taking the engine apart and replacing internals, which isn’t happening.

if it doesn’t sell, it becomes the next track car, instead of starting with a roller and building from scratch.
A 1000+ hp car with an aftermarket cam (more so if it's high stage) and a bunch of other fixings have always been niche. To some people it's a sign the car has been beat to hell to others it's about trusting a shop you don't know. If you haven't, I would list the shop that did the work, along with a little bit about them.

Even 15+ years ago people were getting 20% on the dollar for the cost of the mods, not counting install and tuning. I remember seeing a decent amount of heavy modded Zo6, Grand Sports, and even Base models sitting for sale for a long time, when people wanted to factor in the cost of the mods too heavily. When the price starts to creep up too much you're competing against "Well I can buy a new(er) car and pay for mods later" or "why not just buy a ZR1" when it comes to most people in the market.

That said, it sounds like you have time, you just need to find the right buyer out of a very small pool of people that are not only interested, also have the ability to buy it. It might take a year though.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
A 1000+ hp car with an aftermarket cam (more so if it's high stage) and a bunch of other fixings have always been niche. To some people it's a sign the car has been beat to hell to others it's about trusting a shop you don't know. If you haven't, I would list the shop that did the work, along with a little bit about them.

Even 15+ years ago people were getting 20% on the dollar for the cost of the mods, not counting install and tuning. I remember seeing a decent amount of heavy modded Zo6, Grand Sports, and even Base models sitting for sale for a long time, when people wanted to factor in the cost of the mods too heavily. When the price starts to creep up too much you're competing against "Well I can buy a new(er) car and pay for mods later" or "why not just buy a ZR1" when it comes to most people in the market.

That said, it sounds like you have time, you just need to find the right buyer out of a very small pool of people that are not only interested, also have the ability to buy it. It might take a year though.

Yeah, niche market for sure. Priced about $15-$20k below the same generation ZR1s (stock) and just as fast, while being lighter plus other shit, blah blah.

Work was done by KaTech, the firm that built the race cars for GM. Its a great foundation for what I want to do, but also too clean to cut up and irreversibly make it a track car. That's my reservation. No going back.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
It's a buyer's market these days. Used car market has cratered since COVID days, when it was definitely a seller's market. If you don't need the money I would just hang on to it until the market improves in your direction. No harm in just keeping the listing up in the meantime in case you actually find someone interested in your car's exact specs.

Sludig

Buzzfeed Editor
Some hood rat isn’t going to beat my attorneys. But that sounds like such a major hassle. So far I’ve only listed on enthusiast sites, thinking it would be better buyers.
I was grumpy I listed my bike on the only real national bike market site for like $80 and had pretty mild less than a half dozen responces, only one serious meanwhile fking FB marketplace I had so much more luck though still some omg I want it then flaking out when they realize what a loan costs

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I was grumpy I listed my bike on the only real national bike market site for like $80 and had pretty mild less than a half dozen responces, only one serious meanwhile fking FB marketplace I had so much more luck though still some omg I want it then flaking out when they realize what a loan costs
FB market place (specific groups) and the Vette forum only right now. Nearly 3,000 likes and shit, but no one making an offer *boggle*

Palum

what Suineg set it to
FB market place (specific groups) and the Vette forum only right now. Nearly 3,000 likes and shit, but no one making an offer *boggle*

Out of curiosity what is the price range for that corvette though? When I sold our camper recently I had tons of interest but only 3-4 serious people and it took like 3 weeks to get a sale.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Out of curiosity what is the price range for that corvette though? When I sold our camper recently I had tons of interest but only 3-4 serious people and it took like 3 weeks to get a sale.
$35,000 to $75,000 depending on the year, mileage, spec, color. It’s all over the place.

I’ve been asking $57,000 for a low mileage, very clean, well modded gem. Is what it is, lol.

Last edited:

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Average income people are hurting like hell currently, I think you're going to have issues selling. The reason I know this is I had a 3080 for sale for 600 then 500 then 300 and not a single offer, I also had other really well taken care of high end PC parts for well over 4 months. I ended up giving most of it away to friends. That shit should have went like hotcakes.

• 1Like

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Average income people are hurting like hell currently, I think you're going to have issues selling. The reason I know this is I had a 3080 for sale for 600 then 500 then 300 and not a single offer, I also had other really well taken care of high end PC parts for well over 4 months. I ended up giving most of it away to friends. That shit should have went like hotcakes.
Damn, wish I had known. I probably would have bought them. I need to replace one of my PCs

• 1Like

Kobayashi

Vyemm Raider

"Bronco eBike starts at $4,500 MSRP"

"The Mustang eBike starts at $4,000 MSRP"

Get the fuck out of here, hard pass. It seems like this e-bike company just slaps random car company badges on their bikes, they have a Mercedes one too.

• 1Like

Sludig

Buzzfeed Editor
"Bronco eBike starts at $4,500 MSRP"

"The Mustang eBike starts at $4,000 MSRP"

Get the fuck out of here, hard pass. It seems like this e-bike company just slaps random car company badges on their bikes, they have a Mercedes one too.
Yeap, looks like about like a series of 3 or 4 different Chinese e bokes, the good ones are easily 4k, i doubt these branded ones have just as good specs as like the newest talaria. Some of them can make over 50mph, which is sketchy as hell on such a small platform

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Yeap, looks like about like a series of 3 or 4 different Chinese e bokes, the good ones are easily 4k, i doubt these branded ones have just as good specs as like the newest talaria. Some of them can make over 50mph, which is sketchy as hell on such a small platform
I feel like I'm going to die going 30 on mine.

Sludig

Buzzfeed Editor
I feel like I'm going to die going 30 on mine.
I might have a higher risk threshold than most from having a 200mph motorcycle, but yeah i think the most fearful i was, was going 60mph on my wife's grom mini bike which is still bigger tires and heavier than one of those things. Well bigger wisth, tiny 1/4 the circumference

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I might have a higher risk threshold than most from having a 200mph motorcycle, but yeah i think the most fearful i was, was going 60mph on my wife's grom mini bike which is still bigger tires and heavier than one of those things. Well bigger wisth, tiny 1/4 the circumference
I go fast all the time. Really fast. But no way I would do that speed on one of those, lol

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
I had a Ruckus that topped out at like 38 and I felt like I was flying because of how low I was to the ground on it.