What vehicle do you drive?

The_Black_Log Foler

PalsCo CEO - Stock Pals | Pantheon Pals
<Gold Donor>
Some hood rat isn’t going to beat my attorneys. But that sounds like such a major hassle. So far I’ve only listed on enthusiast sites, thinking it would be better buyers.
Carmax gave me a ridiculous amount for my diesel truck a few months ago. Prob 3-4k less than what I could have gotten hustling the private market but I’m ok with that! So simple, check in hand in 30 min and cashed the next day.

The_Black_Log Foler

PalsCo CEO - Stock Pals | Pantheon Pals
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, didn’t used to be this hard.

it’s a very modified z06, which is not something a dealer will want. Only a car nerd would be interested.
Welp nvm what I just wrote

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Average income people are hurting like hell currently, I think you're going to have issues selling. The reason I know this is I had a 3080 for sale for 600 then 500 then 300 and not a single offer, I also had other really well taken care of high end PC parts for well over 4 months. I ended up giving most of it away to friends. That shit should have went like hotcakes.

Also a new generation NVIDIA (5xxx or whatever) is around the corner, so the market might be flooded with cheap 4xxx cards, makes it a biatch to sell anything older for a meaningful amount.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Also a new generation NVIDIA (5xxx or whatever) is around the corner, so the market might be flooded with cheap 4xxx cards, makes it a biatch to sell anything older for a meaningful amount.

I agree, however, I've never seen people not even make offers and it wasn't just the video card. I still have cases and PSUs just sitting here chilling that I need out of here.

• 1Rustled
Reactions: 1 user

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>

Not in defense of her at all, more commentary on our 'ruling class'; how many of them even drive themselves anywhere?

Confused Arrested Development GIF

Haus

<Silver Donator>
So this weekends adventure in automotive maintenance...

Had a work trip this last week to Austin, got home Thursday. Friday my back passenger tire was low on pressure. I filled it, seemed to be holding.

Saturday I get in my car, back passenger tire has... 2lbs of pressure. Limp (since they're runflats) to the tire place I got my last tires at. Check check the tire..

"Good news, there's nothing wrong with your tire..."
"Bad news, your wheel has a crack in it"

And I suddenly have perfect clarity of a pothole I remember catching leaving Austin.

Now, do I :
  • Replace with OEM wheel, for around $700....
  • Buy a new set of wheels for it (even though I like the look of the stock wheels)
  • Take a shot at one of the local wheel repair shops that claim to be able to TIG cracks in wheels back to good.
This is not something I wanted in my weekend....

• 1Solidarity

Burns

Had a work trip this last week to Austin, got home Thursday. Friday my back passenger tire was low on pressure. I filled it, seemed to be holding.

Saturday I get in my car, back passenger tire has... 2lbs of pressure. Limp (since they're runflats) to the tire place I got my last tires at. Check check the tire..

And I suddenly have perfect clarity of a pothole I remember catching leaving Austin.

Now, do I :
  • Buy a new set of wheels for it (even though I like the look of the stock wheels)
  • Take a shot at one of the local wheel repair shops that claim to be able to TIG cracks in wheels back to good.
Look up your exact rims online and see how well people have faired with getting them fixed. AFAIK it's heavily depends on the forge process/metal of the rim. You may even been able to find some recommendations for local "trustworthy" DFW shops on corvetteforum.com, rennlist.com, or bimmerforums.com.

Another recommendation I just read, was to look for pull offs from someone in the exact situation as you, who decided to upgrade to aftermarket. So they might list their 3 good rims on FB Marketplace, an enthusiast site, or anywhere else that might have used parts. The Caddy is a bit rarer, so it might be harder to find. Dunno if there is an active Caddy enthusiast forum.

• 1Like

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Now, do I :
I don’t recommend trying to weld the wheel.

• 1Solidarity

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Look up your exact rims online and see how well people have faired with getting them fixed. AFAIK it's heavily depends on the forge process/metal of the rim. You may even been able to find some recommendations for local "trustworthy" DFW shops on corvetteforum.com, rennlist.com, or bimmerforums.com.

Another recommendation I just read, was to look for pull offs from someone in the exact situation as you, who decided to upgrade to aftermarket. So they might list their 3 good rims on FB Marketplace, an enthusiast site, or anywhere else that might have used parts. The Caddy is a bit rarer, so it might be harder to find. Dunno if there is an active Caddy enthusiast forum.
Junk yard and get a wheel is cheapest option.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

RobXIII

<Gold Donor>
Junk yard and get a wheel is cheapest option.

This is the answer for a lot of problems.

I had a hatchback window randomly explode once, Safelite and the dealer wanted like 1100 plus, because it was specialized curved glass.

I spent $150 for an entire hatchback. 2 bolts + reconnecting a wiring harness later I had a fixed window :p

• 2Like

Sludig

Buzzfeed Editor
Perfectly about 1cm or so square 3-4ft scrape down my front drivers door/quarter panel. Fucking faggots. Pretty thin but noticable.

Cocksuckers.

Doubt it's worth the deductible to fix, not sure how much a big deal it would be, not sure if it's possibly just clear and can buff. Didnt rub out at all to the ol finger smush.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Perfectly about 1cm or so square 3-4ft scrape down my front drivers door/quarter panel. Fucking faggots. Pretty thin but noticable.

Cocksuckers.

Doubt it's worth the deductible to fix, not sure how much a big deal it would be, not sure if it's possibly just clear and can buff. Didnt rub out at all to the ol finger smush.

Dr Color Chip works well

• 1Like

Sludig

Buzzfeed Editor
To be faiiiirrrr, 2019 inflation to now etc certainly changed a lot. That and I think they realized it might not be a good mass market vehicle, so luxury/hype beast is the only way to take it.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
To be faiiiirrrr, 2019 inflation to now etc certainly changed a lot. That and I think they realized it might not be a good mass market vehicle, so luxury/hype beast is the only way to take it.
It was patently ridiculous in 2019 so it's just another hype fail.

RobXIII

<Gold Donor>
I would love to see a respectable EV in the 20-25k range new. But right now it's a buyers market, you can get a relatively newish one for cheaper than that.

Burns

Reposting this here since the Politics thread moves so fast many people don't keep up with it (including me):

They only named the OnStar Smart Driver program, so I wonder if this is only for vehicles with OnStar and can you order vehicles w/o OnStar still? Otherwise how would it connect to the internet to upload data?

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Barf