What vehicle do you drive?

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Thought this would be a good place to ask this.

I look at cars in the FB Marketplace and I’ve been noticing a trend which looks like a scam. I see several cars, in my case small PU trucks advertised for way less than market value. Granted, they’re older but an immaculate 2001 Toyota Tacoma is worth more than $800. And there’s a pristine 2003 also for $800. Then there’s the gorgeous 2005 SR5 for $1200. Realistically, the trucks should be selling for upwards of $5000 in the one owner or showroom condition they appear to be in.

How does this scam work? I’d contact them except maybe the scam is they want something they get by having me answer the ad so I haven’t tried. They can’t be thinking they’re going to stick me up when I show up to buy it. This is ID. Almost everyone I know has a pistol in their console. Any ideas?

Most of the time when I see this its a BHPH dealer posting at deposit prices (or sometimes monthly payment prices), I wouldn't bother with them anyway...

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Thought this would be a good place to ask this.

I look at cars in the FB Marketplace and I’ve been noticing a trend which looks like a scam. I see several cars, in my case small PU trucks advertised for way less than market value. Granted, they’re older but an immaculate 2001 Toyota Tacoma is worth more than $800. And there’s a pristine 2003 also for $800. Then there’s the gorgeous 2005 SR5 for $1200. Realistically, the trucks should be selling for upwards of $5000 in the one owner or showroom condition they appear to be in.

How does this scam work? I’d contact them except maybe the scam is they want something they get by having me answer the ad so I haven’t tried. They can’t be thinking they’re going to stick me up when I show up to buy it. This is ID. Almost everyone I know has a pistol in their console. Any ideas?
Ignore and move on. Total BS.

kazjim

Blackwing Lair Raider
Got my 65 inspected and passed / registered yesterday. Now has a full, unlimited registration for 12 months
Now, it's time to tidy a few tiny things (Paint a bracket or two) and start marketing / selling it.
Sad to see it go, but opens up the garage space for the next one!

459292755_8245677608880791_510400091589621387_n.jpg

• 8Like
Reactions: 7 users

Heian

Molten Core Raider
Every cars increased in size in the last 15 years. New Tiguan is as big as the old Touareg. New Jetta are the same size as the old CC. The VW Up that we never had was the size and weight of the original golf.

One guy in my street has a early to mid 1990 hatchback civic and a MK 2 GTI both in pretty good shape. It's crazy how small these cars were.

I really love his GTI.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
15005_cc0640_032_4s.png

Outback Wilderness Edition - still waiting on my lesbian card

going to put a 2" lift kit on it though
Subaru is on my list of cars that I appreciate and want to like but just doesn't seem to quite fit or make the cut over other vehicles.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cleveland

Golden Squire
Subaru is on my list of cars that I appreciate and want to like but just doesn't seem to quite fit or make the cut over other vehicles.
it's my first and it came from wanting a Volvo wagon with a lift kit on it. This package is supposedly lifted from a standard Outback but it doesn't seem to sit any higher when parked next to others but there are already a good amount of aftermarket items like a lift and skid plates. Drives great though, really enjoying it. I didn't want a full on SUV but wanted something that can handle trailhead parking lots

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Man people go crazy for the Z4. I think it's just people literally don't know it got made because the marketing has been complete shit.

I got waved at by some guys on BMW bikes yesterday and they did a U turn and followed me into a plaza to chat. I thought I was going to be mugged. JK they were white dudes riding euro motorraden.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Burns

Did BMW change the styling again, skip uglyifying the Z4, or am I just used to it now?

The new Z4 on their site looks nice:
2024-09-13 16.12.59 www.bmwusa.com 47cbef15daa6.png

• 1Like

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They haven't gotten around to ugly-fying because it's one of the oldest models they still make. It's due to go out of production in early 2026 so if you want one, wouldn't wait too long to order. Production slots are limited and once those are all booked they won't take new orders - had that happen when I tried to place on an order on a BMW and that was 6 months before end of production.

Burns

I'm not seeing what you're seeing lol.
heh, no doubt. I've read what vehicles you like/buy and I don't think our tastes have much overlap.

Also, while I don't dislike the green, it wouldn't be a color I would buy/own. It was just what was on the BMW homepage page for the Z4.

• 1Like

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
heh, no doubt. I've read what vehicles you like/buy and I don't think our tastes have much overlap.

Also, while I don't dislike the green, it wouldn't be a color I would buy/own. It was just what was on the BMW homepage page for the Z4.
That’s not a great shade, but their Isle of Mann green is amazing.

Burns

That’s not a great shade, but their Isle of Mann green is amazing.
I agree that it looks better and I do love a metallic car paint color, but it's still pretty far down the list of colors I would want on my car. I guess it's a new color for BMW (2021) that was introduced on only the M3? So it took me a while to find an angle where I wasn't repulsed by the front end being in view:

2024-09-14 21.51.42 www.reddit.com d88843206175.png

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I agree that it looks better and I do love a metallic car paint color, but it's still pretty far down the list of colors I would want on my car. I guess it's a new color for BMW (2021) that was introduced on only the M3? So it took me a while to find an angle where I wasn't repulsed by the front end being in view:

View attachment 546053
You can now get it on every model.

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
BMW will let you put just about any color on any model through the Individual program, prices are on request but last I looked it started around 4k extra.

If I had money to burn I'd get one in citrinschwarz, it looks black most of the time but in bright light it turns a deep brown. Hard to capture in pictures accurately but it's very cool looking. FIts the "looking expensive without looking garish" styling that used to symbolize most of their higher end products.

1726375621481.png

• 1Like