What vehicle do you drive?

Binks

Golden Knight of the Realm
landscape__dsc6204.jpg

Switched earlier than I wanted, due to my Saturn's death, but driving electric in Minneapolis only requires a modest amount of planning.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ignatius

#thePewPewLife
Totalled my Ford Fusion in the rain, so I decided to get something a little more stable. Co-workers call it a mom car, but whatever, I like it. And the sign and drive lease was nice and easy. 2017 Subaru Forester Limited

View attachment 117908
I'm looking at buying one of these soon...getting the same jokes, but I really liked the test drive. How are you liking it so far? Was looking at either the limited our the touring.

Porkchop

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Bronze Donator>
I'm looking at buying one of these soon...getting the same jokes, but I really liked the test drive. How are you liking it so far? Was looking at either the limited our the touring.

Same here on the test drive. I drove all of the mid-suv's and the forester was so much more solid and seemed like it had all the needs but not necessarily all the wants. Seemed like the best bang for the buck. I love it so far. Super smooth ride and love the giant sun roof. Been in rain and dirt and snow with it already and it is so stable compared to FWD cars, even suv's.

I checked out both the premium and touring and decided to go with the premium because the main differences with the touring is the push button start, eyesight and harmon kardon stereo with nav. I read so many reviews about the hk stereo not being worth the money, and the nav was buggy, and most people ended up swapping it out for a aftermarket HU anyway. Also I didnt really care about the eyesight. I did really want the push button start and proximity locks, but that wasnt enough to justify the extra $4k in price.

Also FYI they have different levels of each trim also, for instance I could have got a Premium with eyesight, nav and cross traffic detection, but cloth seats. So you might be able to find a Premium or Limited with eyesight or nav if you really wanted those. The only thing you can't get in the Premium or below is the push to start.

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
When my car was in the shop, I drove a loaner with keyless entry (button on the door handle) and push to start. I felt like such a pleb having to take my keys out to open doors and start my car when I got it back.

• 1Solidarity

Ignatius

#thePewPewLife
Same here on the test drive. I drove all of the mid-suv's and the forester was so much more solid and seemed like it had all the needs but not necessarily all the wants. Seemed like the best bang for the buck. I love it so far. Super smooth ride and love the giant sun roof. Been in rain and dirt and snow with it already and it is so stable compared to FWD cars, even suv's.

I checked out both the premium and touring and decided to go with the premium because the main differences with the touring is the push button start, eyesight and harmon kardon stereo with nav. I read so many reviews about the hk stereo not being worth the money, and the nav was buggy, and most people ended up swapping it out for a aftermarket HU anyway. Also I didnt really care about the eyesight. I did really want the push button start and proximity locks, but that wasnt enough to justify the extra $4k in price.

Also FYI they have different levels of each trim also, for instance I could have got a Premium with eyesight, nav and cross traffic detection, but cloth seats. So you might be able to find a Premium or Limited with eyesight or nav if you really wanted those. The only thing you can't get in the Premium or below is the push to start.

Good to know! I couldnt really care less about the nav, but I kidna do want the eyesight. Keyless entry would be awesome too...

This is my first adult car purchase (my folks helped me with my first one, and since I was paying I didnt really do much in the way of bells and whistles). I might tell them I'll do the touring if they give me the difference in trade in for my car.

Porkchop

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Bronze Donator>
Good to know! I couldnt really care less about the nav, but I kidna do want the eyesight. Keyless entry would be awesome too...

This is my first adult car purchase (my folks helped me with my first one, and since I was paying I didnt really do much in the way of bells and whistles). I might tell them I'll do the touring if they give me the difference in trade in for my car.

Sounds good. Also there is the decision between the 2.5i and the XT. The XT is the turbo, but quite a bit more expensive and wasnt worth it for me. I still do quite a bit of driving and wanted the mpg.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
It took four hours and 3 discs in my back, but I got the new injector wiring completed today. I had to post the mock up picture because the final picture turned out blurry and I didn't notice.

vOxF2g4.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hekotat

So the guy that throw our local grassroots drift events gives out trips for the local winners (Ebisu circuit, UAE, Etc) for the winner of the season. Well he just posted this video, they were drifting in the UAE and some guy invited them back to his personal garage. I'm so fucking jealous I'm actually depressed.

• 1Like

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm totally car stupid, but I think I'm finally noticing the turbo lag in my 2016 GTI. Is there anything I can do to improve/reduce that without getting really stupid cost wise? Or any other solid bang for my buck mods?

Hekotat

I'm totally car stupid, but I think I'm finally noticing the turbo lag in my 2016 GTI. Is there anything I can do to improve/reduce that without getting really stupid cost wise? Or any other solid bang for my buck mods?
Unfortunately, no. You'd have to go with a smaller turbo which wouldn't be practical at all.

You can try putting an intake and filter on it, might improve response a bit. What year is yours? I never noticed any on my mk6. Downpipe might help as well but those get pricey because it's a VW, it will also alter the sound tremendously.

kudos

<Banned>
Friend is trying to sell the mother of his girlfriend Mazda Miata for 3k and it's in pretty good condition. I'm tempted to buy it and make it a project car but the stigma of gayness surrounding a Miata is just too much mentally.

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
Miata are boss, drop a v8 in it and make it a Monster Miata, love those

• 1Solidarity

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Unfortunately, no. You'd have to go with a smaller turbo which wouldn't be practical at all.

You can try putting an intake and filter on it, might improve response a bit. What year is yours? I never noticed any on my mk6. Downpipe might help as well but those get pricey because it's a VW, it will also alter the sound tremendously.

And kill the warranty, if that matters.

Heko is right, though; the cost to modify wouldn't be worth it.

Hekotat

It's a 2016. What kind of intake would you suggest?

Head over to here and pick you one out, they are fairly easy to install. I would go with whichever brand/color you like, they are so similar it doesn't really matter other than looks. Keep in mind this site doesn't sell junk parts AND it's a VW so prepare your wallet's anus.

I'd definitely go with an open cone style filter rather than just a drop in, you'll get much more punch and sweet sweet turbo noises.

OEM / Performance / Maintenance / Repair / Replacement Parts and kits for Audi, BMW, Mercedes Benz, Mini, Porsche and Volkswagen - ECS Tuning

here's another site to peruse

Volkswagen > Mk7 Golf/GTi > 2.0T > Engine > Air Intakes/Filters

EDIT: Also looks like downpipes are pretty reasonable this go around, when I had my MK6 they were like 1200 at the cheapest. Looks like they start at about 350. If you go intake and downpipe expect to gain some serious power, I think the previous gen gained like 70tq and 30hp.

• 1Like

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You think he'll get that without a tune? Maybe VWs are safer, but all my previous cars needed tunes to be safe with downpipes/intakes/headers.

Hekotat

I would think so, I did those mods on my srt4 without a problem.

I'm sure he could get much more out of a tune though.