Whats rustling your jimmies?

Fucker

Log Wizard
Packing to move after 25 years in the current house.

ferris buellers day off ugh GIF
I had to clear out my mom's house after dad died. Took me months and months to sell all his shit, still had massive piles of shit to take care of. AND I had to do my house, too. AND then had a garage sale in my 1800 sq ft garage. Packed to the fucking rafters with shit, took me almost a week to set up. I advertised Friday 8AM start on CL and garage sale websites. Motherfuckers started showing up at 730AM and formed a line. I figured it would take all weekend to sell everything. THREE HOURS. Motherfuckers parked on both sides of the street and filled the entire block.

Mayhem, pure mayhem for 3 hours. Only had a small pile of stuff left, not enough to fill a table.

Took a stack of bills to bank nearly 5 inches thick. Teller looked at me blankly and I said "garage sale".

And then hammer time ONE day to go until plane ride out. I was filling a PODS shipping container until 11PM the night before departure.

45 minutes before departure to airport, I hopped into shower. Soaped up, MOTHERFUCKERS shut off the water a day early. I called and raised hell and 15 minutes later water was back on.

I moved again 2 years ago. Shipping crew was 3 people. Long story short, they couldn't find anyone at the destination to unload, so they drove up there with only 2 people...3rd guy quit. 2 guys to unload would have taken them days, so I helped. 8 hours to unload and we were all fucking murdered when finished.

My next move will be the final move.

Fucker

Log Wizard
Four full truck loads to the landfill already, gave away a lot of furniture. Wife has taken 5 loads to Goodwill. I probably have another 4 loads to take, have junk piles everywhere to get rid off lol. I hear ya, wish I could toss it all. Good thing we are only packing, we hired a moving company to load and unload all the boxes/furniture, they will even take down the beds and reassemble in the new house.
I rented a 30 yard dumpster for mom's house. Emptied it three times.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
This is something I am firmly dreading...

Wife and I have lived in our house all 20 years we've been married. And I have a full blown "workshop" for computers, electronics, 3d printing. We've done a few "purges" over the years, but just the accumulated amount of knick knackery and crap, plus the fact she has what I estimate to be a 6k book library spread around all the bookshelves in the house. (she literally has a bedroom who'se walls are nothing but bookshelves, and we have bookshelves in almost every other room of the house except the kitchen.)

Our plan? To be moving into a newly constructed house in the country in a couple years. But even before that our next big house project is going to be painting the interior, and replacing flooring in a couple rooms. Both of which will entail an almost complete pack up and storage of everything in those rooms to get it done.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I will say the one move where it was intracity I just did 70% of it over a week (couple runs a night in the car) and then rented a uhaul for just the furniture. Was pretty painless and unfortunately because of that kept way too much shit which meant the next time it was a big mess.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Izo

Tranny Chaser
This is something I am firmly dreading...

Wife and I have lived in our house all 20 years we've been married. And I have a full blown "workshop" for computers, electronics, 3d printing. We've done a few "purges" over the years, but just the accumulated amount of knick knackery and crap, plus the fact she has what I estimate to be a 6k book library spread around all the bookshelves in the house. (she literally has a bedroom who'se walls are nothing but bookshelves, and we have bookshelves in almost every other room of the house except the kitchen.)

Our plan? To be moving into a newly constructed house in the country in a couple years. But even before that our next big house project is going to be painting the interior, and replacing flooring in a couple rooms. Both of which will entail an almost complete pack up and storage of everything in those rooms to get it done.
book burn GIF by BBC
technology reading GIF by Banggood
Season 9 Nbc GIF by The Office

• 1Solidarity

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Our plan? To be moving into a newly constructed house in the country in a couple years.
Our plan is similar, but we're not going to sell the current house. We're just going to buy duplicates of everything for the new house.

Fuck moving.

Goatface

help take care of my dad's medical. he has a lot of issues and now needs an endoscope and colonoscopy. do those need to be off blood thinners for 3 days, had to go his heart doctor to get that approved.
july 3rd, get call from gastroenterology "your insurance will not pay to have both done at the same time.....can either have them done on back to back days, which would be risky or have them 4 days apart.....will call back on monday to book dates."
pretty sure would have to get heart doctors ok to go 7 days off. wait till today to call insurance to figure out what the deal is. insurance "huh? we have no issue having both done on same day....... i will call gastroenterology and call you back"
insurance "called every 10 mins for last hour, keeps going to voice mail."
4 hours later... insurance "finally got through, they said the doctor doesn't do multiple procedures as policy......we are ok if you want to find another doctor"

ask my friend, to ask his family for suggestions. his stepdad is a doctor and his sister does referrals stuff for another doctor.
get a doctor name and call.
yes, taking new patients.......will have to come to the office to fill out paperwork so we can request records.......normally don't do 2 procedures together, but can........earliest opening is in October
plus gastroenterology office didn't call about setting up appointment

• 2Rustled
Reactions: 1 users

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
help take care of my dad's medical. he has a lot of issues and now needs an endoscope and colonoscopy. do those need to be off blood thinners for 3 days, had to go his heart doctor to get that approved.
july 3rd, get call from gastroenterology "your insurance will not pay to have both done at the same time.....can either have them done on back to back days, which would be risky or have them 4 days apart.....will call back on monday to book dates."
pretty sure would have to get heart doctors ok to go 7 days off. wait till today to call insurance to figure out what the deal is. insurance "huh? we have no issue having both done on same day....... i will call gastroenterology and call you back"
4 hours later... insurance "finally got through, they said the doctor doesn't do multiple procedures as policy......we are ok if you want to find another doctor"

ask my friend, to ask his family for suggestions. his stepdad is a doctor and his sister does referrals stuff for another doctor.
yes, taking new patients.......will have to come to the office to fill out paperwork so we can request records.......normally don't do 2 procedures together, but can........earliest opening is in October
I’ve absolutely seen many docs do an EGD and Colon on same day.

That is probably a $$ thing where the insurance will not pay as much unless they’re done separately, but I don’t know for sure - just my suspicion. Maybe they’ll say “oh sure we’ll pay for it but since it’s both on same day we’ll only pay 60% for each procedure compared to if it was done separately.”

Fucker

Log Wizard
How in the hell did this shit show up on my Youtube. Dead body clean up service. I could legitimately hurl.

Imagine trying to clean up a 600lb decomposing corpse. The smell must have been something of nightmares.

mist.jpg

• 3Barf
  • 3WTF
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 6 users

Siliconemelons

How in the hell did this shit show up on my Youtube. Dead body clean up service. I could legitimately hurl.

Imagine trying to clean up a 600lb decomposing corpse. The smell must have been something of nightmares.

View attachment 535990

Pffft that’s tame

I had a buddy that did this stuff, his pics were way worse.

Random: when i came home and saw his van parked next door i busted in and was like “Dave!” My wife was like “Dave is not here…” “ohhh nooo”

Last edited:

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>
My neighbor...

She's absolutely asexual-- long story , but that's the truth. However, she could be Gwynneth Paltrow's body double (if you blurred her face).

She has taken to working out in the backyard and front yard. She is wearing tiny shorts and a halter top (I swear she wears the same outfit for 4 days in a row).

It's bugging the crap out of me. Plus she is a real weirdo. But-- this image below of GP with her face blurred is almost EXACTLY what she looks like every day now that it is summer; hair and all. (But the neighbor has a flat ass-- imagine that in the picture below and she is her).

neighbor.jpg

• 1Seriously?

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Hmm, she works out to have a great body, and wears tiny things to show off said body. Are you sure she's not just telling her creepy neighbor that she's asexual to avoid the awkward one way flirting? /cackle

• 5Like
  • 3Worf
Reactions: 7 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I will say the one move where it was intracity I just did 70% of it over a week (couple runs a night in the car) and then rented a uhaul for just the furniture. Was pretty painless and unfortunately because of that kept way too much shit which meant the next time it was a big mess.
My last move was 2 houses down. I did most of the moving by walking stuff over or hauling it in a golf cart. Come at me bruh

• 1Like

Sylas

<Gold Donor>
at some point over the last however long, idk what update did it, but Android broke the autorotate/disable autorotate function on their phones

Now I have to install an app that runs constantly and has a stupid notification at all times, who's only job is to reenable a basic setting that android broke for no reason.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
at some point over the last however long, idk what update did it, but Android broke the autorotate/disable autorotate function on their phones

Now I have to install an app that runs constantly and has a stupid notification at all times, who's only job is to reenable a basic setting that android broke for no reason.
1000000621.png

Excuse Me What GIF by Bounce

• 3Like
  • 1OK, Sure
Reactions: 3 users

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Me: set pool robot to only clean the bottom, where the debri currently is.

Pool Robot: “Hey Boss, I’m cleaning the sides like you asked!”

Me:
IMG_5283.jpeg

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Me: set pool robot to only clean the bottom, where the debri currently is.

Pool Robot: “Hey Boss, I’m cleaning the sides like you asked!”

Me:
View attachment 536292

I had this problem and ended up changing gears which were worn. It kept basically driving it into walls much too quickly and the balance/buoyancy took it up and around the perimeter. I ended up buying a new one a year later and had a similar issue until I fine-tuned the hose/suction and the float attachment.

Goatface

after discussing it, we decided best course was for dad just to get the colonoscopy done and see how he handles that, then wait to get the endoscope done. Tuesday call the gastroenterology chick, straight to voice mail x3, fourth time leave message. Thursday she calls back, they will do both on the same day.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users