Whats rustling your jimmies?

Siliconemelons

Wasps suck and are born mega rustled, i knocked down a nest once with eggs and stepped on it, unfortunately squished out some eggs and the babies popped out and instantly attacked me. I won, but gosh darn they start out P.O’ed

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
At first I thought you threw eggs at the nest to knock it down.

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Siliconemelons

lol no, wasps here are the ones with the gray honey comb exposed nests, not the enclosed bee hive looking thing. We also have “mud dobbers” that make like mud things in corners and walls with a little hole.

Oh google look here lol… paper wasp?

1722011176647.png

Goatface

few years ago a tree fell and just pushed everything off my property a few feet down the riverbank.
couple of weeks ago, go to cut down a little scrub tree next to the pile of old limbs. got stung twice by yellow jackets. once on the arm, that didn't hurt that bad, but caused a minor rash the next day. the other was on back of the head, it hurt for 2 days.
few days later, i spent the morning tossing a rope around the dead wood and dragging it up the bank. i finally got the log with the nest in it to the top of the hill. went to get some bee spray and when i got back ants were in full on attack mode and carrying out a solid chain of larva. don't know if the bees were just confused as their house just moved 10' or didn't know how to stop 100s of ants but they weren't doing anything.
know i will have to deal with the ants sooner or later, but i just let them do thing and watched happily

• 4Like
  • 1Quality Calories
Reactions: 4 users

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
lol no, wasps here are the ones with the gray honey comb exposed nests, not the enclosed bee hive looking thing. We also have “mud dobbers” that make like mud things in corners and walls with a little hole.

View attachment 538535

That's interesting. We get dirt dobbers and paper wasp nests around here. But I've seen hornets in what looks like the paper wasp nests. So I looked for pictures and apparently European paper wasps look like yellow jackets.

Oh well. Don't care. Still wiping out any skinny bees I run across.

e1274d94e91ccd67771905d4ae87d1e6.png

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
FIL is basically the Polar Opposite of my Mom, who is basically a hypochondriac going to Drs every chance she has something going on. He won’t go to the hospital for anything at all, like over a month ago he got “water” on his ear, and he has basically lost all hearing in that ear, but refuses to get it checked out

Maybe its a boon to him, he doesn’t need to listen to his nagging wife constantly, since the Boomers let their wives just fucking bitch about everything constantly…

Meanwhile the guy just spent a whole week doing a huge project for us, want to thank him, honestly the best thing I can think of is holding him down so someone could look at his damn ear…

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>

View attachment 538535
At least once or twice a year some retarded paper wasps will start to try and build a nest right in front of my front door. They always get 3-4 cells into then fuck off for whatever reason.

I did discover a very small nest with brood on my grapefruit tree once. That shit was removed right then and there.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
My wife is always like "Be careful where you spray for those wasps. Don't want to get poison where we might touch it" Bitch, it's either this or I get a full auto 22. Which one do you want me to use?

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Sludig

Buzzfeed Editor
Went to Medicate my donkey and horse sized needle cap was being a bitch and ended up stabbing a half inch deep in to my index finger. Bled good, triple anti and a bandage but jfc its pretty painful if i put any pressure on it. At least it was a fresh needle, will see how it goes.

Last edited:

Sludig

Buzzfeed Editor
$400 order. Email confirmation shows my correct address for billing and shipping..... except has my old city old state..... I think maybe old order address saved? Nope my first order w/ this company was at my current address.

Best I figure trying to order limited stock item in a hurry, google pay on their backend still had my old address or at least overrode the city if not the whole thing..... So now package shows in old town which is odd it made it that far when my unique address doesn't exist anywhere else.

Faggot googlepay. Faggot company that doesn't read my inputed address in both instances or flag it if mismatch or yknow automated shipping tries saying the address not valid.

• 1Rustled
Reactions: 1 user

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
My wife is always like "Be careful where you spray for those wasps. Don't want to get poison where we might touch it" Bitch, it's either this or I get a full auto 22. Which one do you want me to use?
escrima escrima I've got a hot tip on how you can make 3% more per year on your pension

Sludig

Buzzfeed Editor
nope

who is escrime? Is he one of our fedbois.
He is @'d fairly constantly in politics literally asking when he's retiring from FBI (has a clock), posted more than a couple times etc. I know you read those threads, just in one eye out the other apparently.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
He is @'d fairly constantly in politics literally asking when he's retiring from FBI (has a clock), posted more than a couple times etc. I know you read those threads, just in one eye out the other apparently.

Nope I don't keep up in politics. A few days ago I started reading it again because I'm on standby offshore and I am bored. But if there's more than 2 pages unread, I skip to the last page. I do keep up with the cops, canada, and memes threads; but not politics itself. I completely avoid the jew, michael brown, euro politics, and gamergate threads.

But thanks for filling me in.

Siliconemelons

I am surprised at how the spray has never left residue or stains - and I use a ton of it during wasp season(s) here in Florida... my shrubbery never brows or dies from any over spray. House paint, windows, siding, driveway, no stains. It is kinda surprising, I assume it is a petroleum based solution.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user