<Silver Donator>
Why would I
1723215665817.png

when
1723215704675.png

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Never miss the opportunity to tell women that childbirth is nothing, you've had kidney stones.

I've had my eardrum burst from an ear infection. I already have childbirth beat.

• 2Mother of God
  • 1Worf
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 3 users

Kobayashi

Vyemm Raider
My dishwasher has top controls, so, I can't see the light until I open the door. The light then turns off once the door is closed, so, if I can't immediately get to it, I'll have no idea (leaving the door cracked is not an option since my kid will immediately notice and open the door). Long story short, top control dishwashers suck and this dumb magnet is almost required if you have one.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
My jimmies are rustled that I can't rustle jimmies in the rustled jimmies thread.

Also, that bullshit about the A-10.

Now I'm also rustled that I'm too stupid to scroll down when selecting a reaction.

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
My dishwasher has top controls, so, I can't see the light until I open the door. The light then turns off once the door is closed, so, if I can't immediately get to it, I'll have no idea (leaving the door cracked is not an option since my kid will immediately notice and open the door). Long story short, top control dishwashers suck and this dumb magnet is almost required if you have one.
Mine (Samsung) opens by itself with 5 min left to aid in drying. I'm confused, why the magnet / light at all? Just unload it after it runs , at least that's what we do. I don't / never have had kids though.

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>

Cannot really tell from that article, is the Army also retiring theirs? It says they MUST be ASAP but not that they are. The article is about the Air Force. That sort of makes sense considering the A-10 is a close support aircraft. The USAF is more about air superiority.
Jimmies still rustled , guess they are rustled now because the article isn't clearer.

• 1Like

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
Cannot really tell from that article, is the Army also retiring theirs? It says they MUST be ASAP but not that they are. The article is about the Air Force. That sort of makes sense considering the A-10 is a close support aircraft. The USAF is more about air superiority.
Jimmies still rustled , guess they are rustled now because the article isn't clearer.

A-10s are USAF only. I assumed the Army was a typo.

Sevens

Log Wizard
A-10s are USAF only. I assumed the Army was a typo.
An entire branch of the military is not a typo, it's just an example of the lazy and stupid people in the media now days...Can't even proof read a simple article.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
Don't look at it as a reason to be rustled, look at it as a reason to be hopeful they'll send them out to surplus auctions ;)

Fuck yeah. they entered service in 1977 so some of those GAUs should be transferrable. For those that aren't, maybe they can find a way to make them semi auto. Actually wait, it's a gatling gun. Is it even considered an automatic?

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Fuck yeah. they entered service in 1977 so some of those GAUs should be transferrable. For those that aren't, maybe they can find a way to make them semi auto. Actually wait, it's a gatling gun. Is it even considered an automatic?
Automatic is defined by whether it takes one trigger pull to fire more than one round or not. Given that its a gatling gun... what do you think? :)

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Automatic is defined by whether it takes one trigger pull to fire more than one round or not. Given that its a gatling gun... what do you think? :)

IIRC traditional crank fired Gatling guns aren't, but yea any of the modern electrical operated ones effectively have an "automatic" electric trigger.

Though that does raise a question with the whole Rube Goldberg NFA situation, because what if you built an electric trigger pulling robot finger that just actuated a semi automatic trigger?

• 1Like

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
To the best of my knowledge, actual gatlin guns are not full auto. Those have a hand crank to rotate the barrels and fire them. I assume the GAU has an electronic motor that does the same thing. Based on the recent ruling RE the forced reset trigger, even with an electric motor, the GAU might not be an automatic. I'd have to know more about how it functions internally.

I found an ATF letter. Ruling 55-528. Regulations 88, section 319.12: (not a quote, I'm paraphasing because I can't copy the text) If the handle or motor performs the cocking and releasing of the hammer, it's not even semi automatic so cannot be an automatic. If the GAU is designed to actually operate on gas after the first round is fired, it is full auto.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
IIRC traditional crank fired Gatling guns aren't, but yea any of the modern electrical operated ones effectively have an "automatic" electric trigger.

Though that does raise a question with the whole Rube Goldberg NFA situation, because what if you built an electric trigger pulling robot finger that just actuated a semi automatic trigger?
the letter I found specifically mentions electric motors in lieu of hand cranks and says that's still not automatic.