Whats rustling your jimmies?

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
I don't understand where the scam is here. How does exiting and restarting the text app let them take over your phone? Or is that a red herring so you will try that first and then be like 'oh well, guess i gotta do the alternate method'?
Wonder if some spam filters might prevent links being active for numbers you haven’t interacted with maybe, so they get you to send them a text to establish contact and get around that and enabled links? Only thing I can think of.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
a .top domain?

Things the US government does, fuck things up, things I don’t expect them to ever do—try and fix their fuckups
Beats me. I just deleted it. Wish I could block those things preemptively though.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
Beats me. I just deleted it. Wish I could block those things preemptively though.
we could easily fix the spam/scam problem, and very briefly they talked about it, and then realized how useful it could be for them if it remained as is—but they’ll lock down the flow of information, because that’s harmful—to them

Last edited:

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Watching a show from 2014 and was surprised to hear a reference to twerking. I'm now rustled realizing that it has been a thing for more than a decade, apparently.

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
No lead, but good point. It was built in the 1920s. Beautiful art deco details, a great place, will be a good starter home. But plaster and lath, cast plumbing, knob and tube electric. So, new plumbing, new electric, new floor plan, all good. Monday I have to remove and relocate the main plumbing stack for a lot of very good reasons. It's cast, so that will be an absolutely miserable job to pull out 20 feet of it.
Bro rip that knob & tube wiring completely out. It's not worth the hassle.
Badass. Got pics? Is knob and tube dangerous? I'd leave it unless it was a real fire hazard.
causing fires

Thought I posted this last night. I was more tired than I thought.

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
What's the freezing for? If you think someone has your CC info, shouldn't you get new cards?
2 fold, freezing credit means noone can get new stuff on credit using your info. If we see something that doesn't make sense on our CC's we get new ones immediately.

Only happened to me twice. Once I get a call at home from my CC issuer asking if I have my card. Yep. Got your new one ? Nope . Mailman stole the new card. Easy as hell to tell when an envelope has a card in it.

Other time, AMEX. 10 or so $50 shipping charges in Norway. Call Amex, they shut that shit down and red label early am me a new one.

But yeah I review all statements. Just pisses me off that others are fucking up and it causes more work for me. I try to play by the rules but 'let no good deed go unpunished (tm). '

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user