What's the worst movie you've seen at the theatre?

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
AvP, Hollywoodland, Monument Men and Hunger Games: Mocking Jay Part 1

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I would have too say

Signs

The first part of the movie was actually pretty good. It went down hill fast.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Spawn CGI was just so unbearably bad even for its time that there would be no way I would have let that out of production. Rumor is they want to make another and a reboot could even be good with that right guy at the helm.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
I saw Revenge of the Sith opening day. I was yawning a lot an hour in, and then Natalie Portman started one of her half-assed acting dialogues and a guy in the third row screamed "FUCKS SAKE, DIE ALREADY!". People laughed.

By hour 2, I kept seeing people holding their watches up and pressing the light to check the time. It was pretty bad...

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
rrr_img_97779.jpg

I wanted to see Meg Ryan's tits. I did. It wasn't worth it. Trying to get some of my money's worth I walked across the hall into the second half of Scary Movie 3 which was equally horrible. Definitely the worst 3 hours I have spent in a movie theater.

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
Back in High School my friend wanted to see this movie.
It was fucking horrible. The most action we saw after an hour was when a fox attacked a chicken coop. Ugh, so bad.

Yes, there was action after that (as seen in the trailer), but this movie was shit.

Dude. That movie is at 90% on Rotten Tomatoes and it's the *worst* movie you've ever seen in a theater? I will give you credit that you were a teenager and it probably went over your head but if you still feel that way your taste is questionable.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
rrr_img_97779.jpg

I wanted to see Meg Ryan's tits. I did. It wasn't worth it. Trying to get some of my money's worth I walked across the hall into the second half of Scary Movie 3 which was equally horrible. Definitely the worst 3 hours I have spent in a movie theater.
Jennifer Jason Leigh has better tits and you see them a ton in the vastly superior movie Miami Blues. Alec Baldwin at his craziest.

ValkyrieIATD

Silver Knight of the Realm
The single worst (and suddenly best) movie I have seen in theaters is The Ring.

About a decade ago I was hanging out with a big group of friends on a Friday night. We met up with another group of people who I did not know, but were acquainted with one of my friends.

Somebody gets the bright idea to go see a movie. We're all arguing about what to see, and then I remember that "The Ring" just came out, and a bunch of people I knew said it was one of the scariest movies they'd ever seen. So I tell this group of about 15 teenagers that we should go see The Ring because it's really scary, and they all agree.

Fast forward to two hours later. Naomi Watts has been wandering around the dreary Pacific Northwest for what feels like three weeks. Nothing inherently scary has happened, besides in the first 5 minutes. I can tell everyone I'm with is getting super antsy/pissed. Some of the more ADD kids are yelling shit at the screen. I'm sweating in my seat because I'm the one who said this shit was scary.

Then there's the false ending -- you know, where she thinks she found the body in the well and saved the girl's soul and the cops show up and everyone is like "Yay, mystery solved" -- I could feel my heart pounding. Oh no. The movie is over, it sucked shit, it was never scary, and I'm the one who said it was scary...

I can feel everyone sort of looking over in my direction... and then this scene happens:

And everyone shut right the fuck up. The Ring is now one of my favorite movies.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
The single worst (and suddenly best) movie I have seen in theaters is The Ring.

About a decade ago I was hanging out with a big group of friends on a Friday night. We met up with another group of people who I did not know, but were acquainted with one of my friends.

Somebody gets the bright idea to go see a movie. We're all arguing about what to see, and then I remember that "The Ring" just came out, and a bunch of people I knew said it was one of the scariest movies they'd ever seen. So I tell this group of about 15 teenagers that we should go see The Ring because it's really scary, and they all agree.

Fast forward to two hours later. Naomi Watts has been wandering around the dreary Pacific Northwest for what feels like three weeks. Nothing inherently scary has happened, besides in the first 5 minutes. I can tell everyone I'm with is getting super antsy/pissed. Some of the more ADD kids are yelling shit at the screen. I'm sweating in my seat because I'm the one who said this shit was scary.

Then there's the false ending -- you know, where she thinks she found the body in the well and saved the girl's soul and the cops show up and everyone is like "Yay, mystery solved" -- I could feel my heart pounding. Oh no. The movie is over, it sucked shit, it was never scary, and I'm the one who said it was scary...

I can feel everyone sort of looking over in my direction... and then this scene happens:

And everyone shut right the fuck up. The Ring is now one of my favorite movies.
I saw that movie opening night with a friend, and the entire theater was quiet as shit for most the movie. Then the part where she opens up the file and the bug falls out and -everyone- in the theater minus my friend and I jumped and yelped. We just started laughing. But it was pretty much just a creepy movie with the slowest build up ever, then it goes into top gear at the end. Only "scary" move I really have enjoyed.

I walked out of Eregon after not knowing what it was and being drug to it. "It's a great fantasy movie from a great book!" Years later this chick is reading Twilight and her shitty taste was fully confirmed.

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
Jennifer Jason Leigh has better tits and you see them a ton in the vastly superior movie Miami Blues. Alec Baldwin at his craziest.
I will always associate Jennifer Jason Leigh's tits with the psycho in "Single White Female" but Miami Blues sounds like something I could get behind.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
1221281-league_of_extraordinary_gentlemen.jpg

The only reason I didn't walk out was because I was with a friend of mine and his kids. Feeling stuck there might have made it seem worse at the time but I've watched bits and pieces of it since then just to confirm that it truly reeks.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
The only film I've seen in the cinema that I walked out of wasGodzillawith What's-His-Babyfaced-Name. The reason was that I went to the bathroom mid film and couldn't find my seat again. I ended up buying another ticket the next weekend and seeing it all. Waste of money.

The only film I've ever thought of walking out on, but didn't wasHard Rain. Boring ass film.

Other than that there haven't been that many as I don't often go to the cinema. I could say the Star Wars Prequels but even though they sucked donkyballs I'd still have watched them all in the cinema. Then there was AvP, but still, I don't think I'd have walked out on it. There are probably also a few other films that were boring as fuck that I've managed to repress from my active memory.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I didnt think spawn was that bad, maybe I love MJW to much. Only thing I hated was the terrble cgi fight at the end

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
As for the above post about Eragon being "too generic".. it's a fucking Star Wars ripoff is why it got booed off the theaters!

Eragon/Luke is a farmer who unknowingly posesses a mysterious power (dragon riding/the Force) from his dad (Robert Carlyle/Vader). He gets involved in the story when a plot-relevant object (dragon egg/Death Star plans in droids) comes across his home. He is soon found by an old crazy hermit (Jeremy Irons/Obi-Wan) who trains him to master his powers (dragon riding/Jedi). The mentor eventually dies, but Eragon/Luke gets involved in a war and saves a princess (fuckifIknow/Leia) and leads the rebels to victory against the evil overlord (Malkovitch/Palpatine).

Did I mention Eragon is basically Dragon with an E? That's so clever!

The fact that it was written by a 15 year old hack probably didn't help either.
I own the series, and yes the first book is very Star Warsy, but the series grows out of it into something original and fairly engaging. The later books also make the first one seem like a little less of a Star Wars ripoff in retrospect. It's also sort of unfair to call anything a Star Wars ripoff, since Star Wars itself is composed of such incredibly generic fantasy elements.

Durza (Robert Carlyle) wasn't Eragon's father in the books or the movie.

moontayle

Golden Squire
Moulin Rouge!

The only movie I've ever felt like walking out on and at the time I was pretty much watching every movie I could in the theaters. Only reason I didn't was because my wife wanted to see it, so I was there with her.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I can usually find something remotely interesting in any movie, but this one was tough:

Also, I'll get a lot of flack for this I'm sure, but taking hot chicks to Brazil was probably one of the worst decisions I've ever made. I've never been a big fan of that kind of humor, and add in the fact that the girls clearly had no interest, and to this day that is one of the worst movies I've ever seen.

Honorable mention to Bram Stoker's Dracula. The scene a few minutes in where they are telling the back story and show Winona Ryder "falling" was almost enough to get us to walk out right there. I'm still not sure how we made it to the end, but I'm guessing titties and Gary Oldman probably helped.

EDIT: I enjoyed Howard the Duck and Wing Commander! Well, more than a lot of shitty movies anyway.