Wildstar Launch Thread - Server: Stormtalon | Faction: Dominion

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Capable DPS are indeed rare. Just this AM I had one guy bitch on a trash pull because he wasn't cleansed. This was a guy who kept positioning himself behind me (the healer) and so I pointed out that the cleanse effect and indeed all the rest of the healing was taking place in a cone or line between me and the tank. Instead of realizing that maybe this was why everyone else was both alive and healthy he tossed a "l2p bro" and ragequit.

DPS need to have and use a solid CC breaker (which do more than just break root and snare...) As well as gap closers, stuns that take out as much Interrupt Armor as possible and the savy to work with others so that not everyone uses it at the same time.

It's a big wake up call that most simply cannot handle. Hell most can't even grasp "green = good" for which I blame Espers who use their targeted heal on these jokers which allows them to continue their bad.

Capable DPS are indeed rare. Just this AM I had one guy bitch on a trash pull because he wasn't cleansed. This was a guy who kept positioning himself behind me (the healer) and so I pointed out that the cleanse effect and indeed all the rest of the healing was taking place in a cone or line between me and the tank. Instead of realizing that maybe this was why everyone else was both alive and healthy he tossed a "l2p bro" and ragequit.

DPS need to have and use a solid CC breaker (which do more than just break root and snare...) As well as gap closers, stuns that take out as much Interrupt Armor as possible and the savy to work with others so that not everyone uses it at the same time.

It's a big wake up call that most simply cannot handle. Hell most can't even grasp "green = good" for which I blame Espers who use their targeted heal on these jokers which allows them to continue their bad.
This scenario is my absolute biggest complaint as an Esper healer myself. I don't know how many times I have gotten into arguments with DPS over their inability to pay attention to their positioning in relation to the tank and healer. Luckily, I no longer pug and have a static group for vet dungeons, but it was and still is moderately infuriating.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
After getting two chars to 50 I'm putting this game on hold until the rewards patch hits and some of the population settles (and my friend hits 50... slowly).

Cannot handle grinding dailies to cap gems right now and getting gold in adventures/dungeons ad hoc or in pugs is an exercise in frustration to pull off right now. I do hope the game pulls through this phase, but admittedly I'm not surprised I personally hit this wall. One of my fears was being right back to where I was in WoW at cap only without all the nostalgia, history and characters to fall back on - which I feel I am to a degree. The adventure, dungeon and raid content will be a bit different and help cap me on elder gems once I can put time into it, but the idea of doing dailies for 350 days or whatever to max a character instead of something,anythingmore interesting makes me want to puke right now so best just to take a break.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
After getting two chars to 50 I'm putting this game on hold until the rewards patch hits and some of the population settles (and my friend hits 50... slowly).

Cannot handle grinding dailies to cap gems right now and getting gold in adventures/dungeons ad hoc or in pugs is an exercise in frustration to pull off right now. I do hope the game pulls through this phase, but admittedly I'm not surprised I personally hit this wall. One of my fears was being right back to where I was in WoW at cap only without all the nostalgia, history and characters to fall back on - which I feel I am to a degree. The adventure, dungeon and raid content will be a bit different and help cap me on elder gems once I can put time into it, but the idea of doing dailies for 350 days or whatever to max a character instead of something,anythingmore interesting makes me want to puke right now so best just to take a break.
Small doses brother!

Jackdaddio_sl

shitlord
Small doses brother!
Agree.

Two 50s in this game is bad enough to level through (esp if you're doing Paths/Crafting on both). It's pretty tedious doing both even if you split factions. The game doesn't exactly shine on the leveling end.

The bigger problem he faces I think is having two 50s at endgame because that means two Attunements. It's hard enough without a dedicated static to get one Attunement but doing it twice requires some real... dedication. I knew right from beta that I'd only ever be able to level one toon to max in this game, so I had better pick right because rerolling just wasn't in the cards based on the time sink/difficulty, especially when the devs claim they aren't nerfing any content to help people along (which I give them credit for saying nowadays).

Xevy

Log Wizard
Think if you're not trying to raid you should find a group of friends, and just do dungeons with them. Just work on time/challenges to up your loot. If you're not doing it because you're on a fucking deadline or under the gun it can be fun to get better with friends. If you don't have anyone to play with... it can definitely be rough. PUGs can't silver unless they've silvered, in which case they aren't doing silvers. The new medal thing will help stop people leaving groups on wipes/slow clears, but until then you've got to be connected to get the good shit done.

The 2nd attunement shouldn't be a problem if you weren't carried through silvers. You'll have a shit ton of primals by that point.

Xevy

Log Wizard
They still take 300, but I have 80ish without even trying to farm them. If you REALLY wanted them, you'd be able to efficiently get them, especially when you're at the point you're stepping into 40 man raids.

Rush

Silver Knight of the Realm
Don't know what my issue is, but I love the game for about 30-45 minutes at a time, then I need to log out.

Only a level 23 warrior.

Swagdaddy

There is a war going on over control of your mind
Finally got my new rig today, loaded up the game played for about 4 hours find it really freaking fun.

I'm a fan of oldschool MMOs so I'm hoping that I won't mind the difficult dungeons and stuff later, I really don't mind grinding.

Anyone know why I had to flag myself for PVP on a PVP server btw?

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I am on the fence about even bothering with attunement. The idea that I will ever raid, even casually, is a long shot. But the completionist in me has a fucking fit when I think about not doing it. idk, I have plenty of time, I still don't even have the 150 elder points for the key.

Vitality

HUSTLE
I am on the fence about even bothering with attunement. The idea that I will ever raid, even casually, is a long shot. But the completionist in me has a fucking fit when I think about not doing it. idk, I have plenty of time, I still don't even have the 150 elder points for the key.
The questing process at 50 is pretty boring, dailies are extremely lame, adventures are okay. I really liked the content in the shiphands, I wish they expanded the creative content used in shiphands to the rest of the game tbh.

I'm right there with you Chaos, I mostly leveled to 50 in PVP as a result of the weird questing.

Jackdaddio_sl

shitlord
Do you even have the max Dom/Exile rep yet? Gotta get that too! Gotta catch 'em all!

The questing process at 50 is pretty boring, dailies are extremely lame, adventures are okay. I really liked the content in the shiphands, I wish they expanded the creative content used in shiphands to the rest of the game tbh.

I'm right there with you Chaos, I mostly leveled to 50 in PVP as a result of the weird questing.
Dungeons at 50 are the only thing worth any challenge still. People only do Vet Adventures because they are either attuning (silver/gold) or trying to get gear. By Vet level no one runs them for 'fun'.

Dungeons are where it's at. Slam your face up against the wall time and time again due to one person making one simple mistake that's almost impossible to recover from. Imo, this is definitely the make/break point because I doubt most people are going to keep subbed to PvP and play house with the rocket ship.

Swagdaddy

There is a war going on over control of your mind
Moody Masks sucks every time I play half my team is AFK bots named rrrrrr or fffff, sometimes even nnnnnn!

Xevy

Log Wizard
This game is what EQ nerds should be crying out for. There is an actual need for community because doing dungeons and attunement is fucking hard. You need to know multiple people, who are good at what they do, and have a high level of perseverance to do dungeons to the silver level. Unless you're in poopsock guild and they just 4 person carry you every time.

This is one of the few games I've played where you couldn't just hop in a group and hope everyone's DPS was good enough and that's that. You've got to have a good Tank (or any stalker tank) a vigilant healer, and good DPS that ALSO knows how to fucking interrupt/when to fucking interrupt.

Basically everyone in the group has to 'try'. And amusingly enough, this is a lot of people's main complaint.

Carl_sl

shitlord
unfortunately dungeons are my favorite thing to do in any game and right now im finding that having to treat them like raids and assemble the right people for them is limiting my enjoyment because I just want to jump in and get rolling. That is going to have a lot to do with my current schedule though. This game is what I wanted in terms of group ing and difficulty, I just miss the days when an hour in the middle of the day was useful in wow.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
The patch that changes rewards for them should help a ton. At least then you can run the quick ones, even if you wipe a few times, you still have access to all the rewards.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
So the general consensus seems to be that this is a fun/WoW-like game but requires a good time investment to really get into it? If that's true, I'm guessing it'd be a good try for someone with an MMO itch and lots of free time coming up?

Palum

what Suineg set it to
The patch that changes rewards for them should help a ton. At least then you can run the quick ones, even if you wipe a few times, you still have access to all the rewards.
Yea, I think the basic problem is that there's really no worth to just 'attempting' to defeat adventures and dungeons right now. In normal 'hard' content, you may take a lot of attempts but the rewards are still on the corpse of the mobs. To put it simply, in WoW it might take 6 wipes on a final boss on a hard heroic, but when it dies you still get the purple. In Wildstar, you lose the opportunity on wipe 1 so the time investment is meaningless unless you have a fixed group that is going to benefit from the attempts for future runs.