Wildstar Launch Thread - Server: Stormtalon | Faction: Dominion

Vitality

HUSTLE
Siiiick, Medic Reboot amp changes. Boosts my healing output by untold amounts! that 0% shit was wonky.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Reboot was a cool idea, but given that tanks had so many ways to add frequent small bits of shielding made it frustrating at best. Making Atomize and Dual Shock be off the GCD and usable while casting other abilities should be quite huge.

Nehrak_sl

shitlord
I certainly like where they're going for Medic changes, but they still need to make Atomize's tier upgrades not be complete ass. Adding about 100dps for a Tier 8 bonus? Pass.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
I certainly like where they're going for Medic changes, but they still need to make Atomize's tier upgrades not be complete ass. Adding about 100dps for a Tier 8 bonus? Pass.
I don't know. 100% chance to generate an actuator up from 50% I think is pretty good and making it usable while casting other spells means you never have to stop other casting. I haven't done the math but your overall dps should go up quite a bit more then 100 dps just from those two changes.

Nehrak_sl

shitlord
I don't know. 100% chance to generate an actuator up from 50% I think is pretty good and making it usable while casting other spells means you never have to stop other casting. I haven't done the math but your overall dps should go up quite a bit more then 100 dps just from those two changes.
I'm talking strictly the Tier bonuses for Atomize.

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Seeing lots of rage over the loot changes that went in today - apparently almost all loot that is dropping now is blue, even if you gold something. Ooof.

Faltigoth

Same stats just blue or actually reduced quality gear?
From what I understand, the bonus loot you would get for medal-ing now draws from the entire dungeon's loot table (as opposed to just giving you purples for getting gold) - and of course, that loot table is mostly blue loots.

So you will get something now no matter what you medal, but chances are very good that it will be crap.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
From what I understand, the bonus loot you would get for medal-ing now draws from the entire dungeon's loot table (as opposed to just giving you purples for getting gold) - and of course, that loot table is mostly blue loots.

So you will get something now no matter what you medal, but chances are very good that it will be crap.
Wow... exactly the opposite of what I expected. lulz. Endless dailies or endless grinding of shitty dungeons. *yawn* guess I'm done with W* for now.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Hrm, haven't tried it, but it sounds like they took something that sounded like a very good change and shitted it up. That sounds shitted up.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
If getting gold still gets you a purple and getting anything else gives you a low chance at one and a guaranteed blue that isn't a bad change is it?

Madsapper

Getting gold doesn't get you a purple, getting gold just gets you 3 extra rolls on the ENTIRE dungeons loot table.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Hrm, haven't tried it, but it sounds like they took something that sounded like a very good change and shitted it up. That sounds shitted up.
Honest question: What is the difference between what they said they were going to do and what they actually did?

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
If getting gold still gets you a purple and getting anything else gives you a low chance at one and a guaranteed blue that isn't a bad change is it?
That's the change that would make sense. That's not what they did though.

Gold USED to guarantee you a purple - which is what made them worth doing despite the fact that Golding a dungeon was exceptionally difficult. Being in a group capable of pulling off a gold dungeon means that a significant amount of work was put into it - most average groups could pull off a silver with some work and golding a dungeon is a thousand times that difficulty. The change that was implemented made it so getting gold gives you an increased roll for loot however the loot tables are exceptionally shallow (we're talking 30 blues & 4-5 purples) so the increased roll doesn't really help much.

All they need to do is give gold a guaranteed purple + 2 rolls and everyone would be happy. The change makes zero sense for gold groups.

This is still a good change for 99% of people. The added roll chances mean that gearing up in decent items takes a lot less time and avoids the major complaint that people were having. The issue is most of the people who were complaining didn't understand the proposed change - they just want purple items.