Winter 2016/2017 Anime

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Fuck yeah it was. I was a week behind thanks to CR, but I am caught up now. Akihiro has such shitty luck.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Malkav

French Madman
I'm having a hard time with Akko as the protagonist in LWA. She's such a little shit.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Because she is supposed to be energetic and annoying in the beginning, and having some sort of character development as her energetic side is tempered by her friends. She even gets chewed out in this episode for her behaviour, and it has an effect on her.

• 1Like

Malkav

French Madman
I sure damn hope there is some character development, but I hope it starts earlier rather than around episode 20.

She has not evolved one damn bit in 5 episodes. She's an entitled little shit, never listening to anyone, endangering her friends and all around being a retard in class.

As the protagonist, she had absolutely NO impact on the resolution of the last episode.

• 1Like

Fadaar

That guy
Kuzu no Honkai is leading this year in the "Should I Feel Bad This Is Giving Me A Boner?" award.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Is that the one where the younger girl calls the older friend "big brother" as he molests her?

• 1Like

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
She has not evolved one damn bit in 5 episodes. She's an entitled little shit, never listening to anyone, endangering her friends and all around being a retard in class.

In my opinion Akko isn't a classic protagonist for the series, and more like a lens to experience the world of witches and magic through from the perspective of someone with a normal background. Like they stated in the beginning, if the old witches weren't so bad at managing money they would have never let someone like her into the school.

No one respects Akko, basically everyone looks down on her. In the first episode Lotte just takes a pity on her, or she wouldn't even get to the school (and my guess is the teachers hoped for something like this). Sucy even tried to use both of them as bait for her own gain, as she wasn't really that interested in the school to begin with - that's not friendship.

However, her enthusiasm for witches and magic makes Akko preserve against these odds. Someone guessed that Akko was bullied at her previous school for her behaviour and weird views, and that she is so used to it that she basically ignores everyone elses advice. She will however try to do the thing that is right in her mind, even without complete disregard about the consequences. And instead of the OVAs you get to see how their relationships and mutual understanding slowly forms. I guess thats one of the reasons why she is getting on your nerves: You already have seen her developed and somewhat tempered character in the OVAs.

The basic setting of LWA is that of a world where magic is in decline, and even the witches themself are having doubts - hence Fafnir and Constanze. That is also why Diana and Akko clash so hard: both where Shiny Chariot fans as children, but Akko "kept the magic in her heart", while Diana has to be the responsible heir for her witch family. Diana can't stand Akko because she reminds her of that child-like enthusiasm part that she has given up on to become a responsible adult.

My guess is that around episode 7 we will see some the underlying development after the complete bunch of misfits at the school has been introduced.

Wow, I guess I ranted a bit. Have some explosions:

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
Dunno if you guys consider it anime or not but the fourth season of RWBY finished and I just caught it. I enjoyed it despite the artwork change to more 3d type models. Pacing for the season though is slow. Like 1/3rd probably could've been left out and it wouldn't have changed anything.

Also I'm very much enjoying KonoSuba, this last ep involved Darkness more which I think is good since she was missing a few eps.

Went and saw the Yugioh movie Dark Side of Dimensions (happened to be showing at a movie theater up around Chicago) and it was enjoyable enough, old American VA's from when I was younger that takes me back. (Why start new plots in a movie if you aren't going to continue them?)

• 1Like

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Fuuka and Saga of Tanya were both awesome this week. If you aren't watching Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinju... it is such a great story, and the artwork is top notch.

• 1Like

Malkav

French Madman
LWA 6 : Well at least the little shit learned that there is some hard work involved. Let's hope she starts using her brain from here on.

• 1Like

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Gundam please, how am I supposed to wait a fucking week after this?

• 1Like

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Tanya is my favorite MC in a while, the show has definitely been a surprise for me.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Masamune-kun's revenge is still going strong. Build dat harem!
Tanya recap episode... skipped it.
Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinju took an unexpected turn for the dramatic. If you didn't watch S1, it and S2 so far are top notch in every way.
Fuuka taking dat high school rom com turn. If you haven't read the anime, wait until after this season ends. It is still ongoing, and good.
Konosuba is still awesome. Makes me want more Dungeon Meshi and Log Horizon.

Tomorrow is horiblesubs day. Tales of Zestiria has been good so far, Gundam IBO is going to be stellar. Need to get started on Kuzu no Honkai.

• 1Like

McShrimp

Molten Core Raider
Dunno if you guys consider it anime or not but the fourth season of RWBY finished and I just caught it. I enjoyed it despite the artwork change to more 3d type models. Pacing for the season though is slow. Like 1/3rd probably could've been left out and it wouldn't have changed anything.

Finally got around to finishing this myself, and I gotta agree with you about the pacing. It was all character development and setup, not much really happened. The writers said at a panel recently that they had never really tried to juggle that many characters and storylines at once, and admit they could've done a better job. I still enjoyed the season though, and the next one should kick off right away.

Kind of a tangent, but the people who make that also make a show where they talk anime and related things. They don't talk about RWBY, because its totally not anime, but they cover a pretty wide range of shows otherwise, past and present. They unfortunately dont have enough time to go deep on each one, but they pick a couple shows each season (Tanya and Dragon Maid this time) and discuss a bit more in depth as they watch along. Not always the most informative, but I find the people pretty entertaining.

I'd say check it out if you have time: Fan Service

Erm, yea...didn't realize that was behind the paywall. I though they went public after a week. Nevermind!

• 2Like

Vinen

God is dead
Masamune-kun's revenge is still going strong. Build dat harem!
Tanya recap episode... skipped it.
Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinju took an unexpected turn for the dramatic. If you didn't watch S1, it and S2 so far are top notch in every way.
Fuuka taking dat high school rom com turn. If you haven't read the anime, wait until after this season ends. It is still ongoing, and good.
Konosuba is still awesome. Makes me want more Dungeon Meshi and Log Horizon.

Tomorrow is horiblesubs day. Tales of Zestiria has been good so far, Gundam IBO is going to be stellar. Need to get started on Kuzu no Honkai.

This Gundam is by far the best in years. Not pussy-shit like Seed, Age or 00.

It's full on Gundam Africa: Child Solider.

• 2Like