Wonder Woman (2017)

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
oh, this is ww1?

WW was created in 41. Fightning Nazis was one of her deals.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
As the expert WW before the 50s was musings from a sex pervert who loved bondage. But now days who doesn't?

Caliane

probably. i know jackshit about comics ahah
but i think this movie is during WW1
yeah, in hindsight, Pines said the war to end all wars. And ww1 planes. Its ww1.

Which yeah. odd. Removes nazi superweapons, and in general the clear moral ease of Nazi's. As well as just general technology. no tanks, subs, etc.. So, what is the motivation again, as questioned. WW1 doesnt seem like it would be big enough a threat to Themyscira, nor the again, the motivations of WW1 clear enough to justify WW getting involved.

Last edited:

radditsu

yeah, in hindsight, Pines said the war to end all wars. And ww1 planes. Its ww1.

Which yeah. odd. Removes nazi superweapons, and in general the clear moral ease of Nazi's. As well as just general technology. no tanks, subs, etc.. So, what is the motivation again, as questioned. WW1 doesnt seem like it would be big enough a threat to Themyscira, nor the again, the motivations of WW1 clear enough to justify WW getting involved.

I think its going to be setup so that she is either the immortal Greek myth wonder woman or the legacy Wonder woman... Like Donna Troy and Wonder Girl and all that shit.

Do not even try to understand her origin and retcons guys. Its not worth it.

Caliane

I didn't see Batman V. Superman. not sure if they got into her backstory at all. iirc, in interviews they did say she is 5000 years old in the movie history. Which yes, is not in line with every other incarnation, where she really is only 20-30 years old.

radditsu

I didn't see Batman V. Superman. not sure if they got into her backstory at all. iirc, in interviews they did say she is 5000 years old in the movie history. Which yes, is not in line with every other incarnation, where she really is only 20-30 years old.

The last 5 years they have been tying her heavily with Greek Mythology. Like a Theseus type. She was God of War and all that.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Yea it takes place WWI, the old ass bi-planes and Red Baron. And the Germans are using i think G98's bolt action rifles.

Looks like they're gonna say the WWI Nazis are gonna do some gas warfare that gonna kill everyone.

Also the BvS pic is dated 1918 in the database or something
1918.jpg

spronk

FPS noob
Wonder Woman Is a Disjointed Disaster Says DC Insider

article said:
So, I don't want to throw anyone under the bus. We have somebody within our community who has gotten insider information that broke my effing heart this week, because I have tremendous belief that Wonder Woman is gonna be awesome and I heard it stinks from the same person who told me that they heard that BvS stinks...The person who I spoke to...their response was 'I'm very disappointed in what I saw, and it seems like all the problems are the same problems. It's discombobulated, it doesn't have narrative flow. It's just very disjointed.

heavens to betsy!

I have a very simple idea to fix the movie though.

At the end Wonder Woman decides to get the fuck out of the superhero biz, moves to Brazil, takes on the name Gisele, and eventually joins the Fast and the Furious crew in Fast and the Furious 5: Lets Drag a Safe around the Streets of Rio.

THATS RIGHT, Wonder Woman is part of the Fast and the Furious universe now. WHICH MEANS GISELE DOESN'T DIE. She will be back in Fast and the Furious 9 as the villain, playing Wonder Woman again.

Last edited:

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Or she could get naked. That would save the movie even better than what you said.

• 1Like

tarb

Trakanon Raider
Wonder Woman Is a Disjointed Disaster Says DC Insider

heavens to betsy!

I have a very simple idea to fix the movie though.

At the end Wonder Woman decides to get the fuck out of the superhero biz, moves to Brazil, takes on the name Gisele, and eventually joins the Fast and the Furious crew in Fast and the Furious 5: Lets Drag a Safe around the Streets of Rio.

THATS RIGHT, Wonder Woman is part of the Fast and the Furious universe now. WHICH MEANS GISELE DOESN'T DIE. She will be back in Fast and the Furious 9 as the villain, playing Wonder Woman again.

You just won the internet.

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
I like her as Wonder Woman but this is probably gonna be utter hot trash. Won't matter one bit how it ties into Justice League.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
They're supposed to release some new footage tonight.

17155251_10155258739903949_2324520837647631130_n.jpg

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
my wife's book club is going to go see this movie and they are super excited about the first female comic movie in a long time, I kinda feel bad for secretly hoping it sucks but I revert back to my 8 year old self getting mad at my sisters for wanting to play with my star wars figurines and reading my spider man comics. i didn't want anything to do with their shitty dolls, why the fuck do they wanna ruin my stuff

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users