World of Warcraft: Classic

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Like others have said, they really need to tie this to cosmetic rewards on regular servers. I'd love to dick around and slowly level up an alt on a classic server if it meant I could work my way towards cosmetic rewards (battle pets?!?!?!) for my main characters on the regular servers.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Someone mentioned a “season” approach. I’d roll it out and do up through just Vanilla or maybe TBC. Put in achieves and roll appearances/mounts/etc and season achieve to your account. I’d also probably take out a few things like the Scarab Lord title and such to keep those with the ones that originally earned it

I’d say 1 year or so per season? Then rotate back to clean server and put those toons on your account somehow.

The real problem is how they did xpacs. The way to do this is to launch a Vanilla server/TBC server/Wrath Server etc that lets you create level 1, 60’s, and 70’s. Then you time out a season for each server and it refreshes.

The more you get into the details the more complicated this could get.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

GonzytheMage

Golden Knight of the Realm
Someone mentioned a “season” approach. I’d roll it out and do up through just Vanilla or maybe TBC. Put in achieves and roll appearances/mounts/etc and season achieve to your account. I’d also probably take out a few things like the Scarab Lord title and such to keep those with the ones that originally earned it

I’d say 1 year or so per season? Then rotate back to clean server and put those toons on your account somehow.

The real problem is how they did xpacs. The way to do this is to launch a Vanilla server/TBC server/Wrath Server etc that lets you create level 1, 60’s, and 70’s. Then you time out a season for each server and it refreshes.

The more you get into the details the more complicated this could get.

I agree the more you tinker with this the more fucked up it gets. They should just release 1.12 and give it six months to a year and see how it takes root and go from there. Although I would like day one vanilla in all of its fucked up glory.

Needless

Toe Sucker
That's really all you can do, release it on the 1.12 patch and let it ride.
Worst case scenario after 6 months and people are bored, do a vote to unlock TBC, if it's a split vote then split the server into a different progression server and keep that one as a vanilla server or something.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
do a vote

This is Blizzard, not some emu. They're not going to do a vote. They either have progression in their road map, or they don't.

I mean, how many things about Legion have been absolute dog shit? And how many of those things have been fixed based on community input? Right.

Needless

Toe Sucker
This is Blizzard, not some emu. They're not going to do a vote. They either have progression in their road map, or they don't.

I mean, how many things about Legion have been absolute dog shit? And how many of those things have been fixed based on community input? Right.

Was Legion implemented under a community demanding it for -years-? no.
This is different and an opportunity for them to actually integrate what a community wants from their 'classic' experience.

Blizzard clearly has no idea what they want to do with this (these?) servers.

xzi

Mouthbreather
No matter what they do people are going to be mad but I'm sure they have it figured out they just don't want to tell anybody about it until after the expansion so they don't get mad quicker

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Was Legion implemented under a community demanding it for -years-? no.
This is different and an opportunity for them to actually integrate what a community wants from their 'classic' experience.

Blizzard clearly has no idea what they want to do with this (these?) servers.
This is how you can tell the people that actually don't play blizzard games apart.

Blizzard does not care what we want. We are playing THEIR game, by THEIR rules.

• 1Solidarity

Needless

Toe Sucker
That's an odd thing to say considering how big of a cuck kaplan is and caves into his SJW fanbase.

It's a little off to outright think blizzard isn't open to something that was demanded from the community originally to begin with lol.

Don't get me wrong though; i highly doubt them like you guys, but i wouldn't outright deny that it'll ever happen.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Why differentiate when you can do both? Welcome to Legion!

Cuz the retarded murloc quest is unimmersive.

I'm a curmudgeonous neckbeard that doesn't need retarded G rated cringe fests in my Warcraft. Humor is fine, see WC2's brand of it.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Cuz the retarded murloc quest is unimmersive.

I'm a curmudgeonous neckbeard that doesn't need retarded G rated cringe fests in my Warcraft. Humor is fine, see WC2's brand of it.

I'm always glad to get free shit for murdering murlocs.

• 1Solidarity

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Yeah, but DBG is a blip on the radar. This is Blizzard, the king of "we know what's best for you". Even when they're clearly wrong about design decisions, they double down before they listen to the community.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Oh for sure but it's not outside the realm of possibility that they might do the voting to show off some new feature of the social aspect. Some technical way that esports can vote on a map change for instance.

I could see them leveraging it for some kind of tech demo and very little to do with the actual vote.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Does Vanilla mean pre-TBC? I'd be more inclined to play if TBC was included. If not, I'll probably still check it out for a month or so, pretty sure it took me a couple months to hit 60 on my warrior. I thoroughly enjoyed the game then, but it was so new and felt so much better than anything before it, but playing it now...o_O

Iadien

Silver Knight of the Realm
Some people want a true vanilla experience while others want vanilla with quality of life improvements. Either way, there's going to be a lot of butt hurt people out there when this comes out.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users