World of Warcraft: Current Year

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I'm glad they nerfed the ret legendary belt. Having/not having that ONE legendary was more of a DPS disparity than having/not having the TWO BiS legendaries pre-patch.

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So saw warriors basically dont use a ranged slot anymore. And for my wifes priest, wand replaces staff....... I'm assuming high end wands dont have stats as good as staffs (if they even exist still). Not only do they replace staff, but seemed like dmg is garbage? A like lv 7 wand was doing negligible dmg to a lv 10 mob when I recall in vanilla/bc/etc low lvs a pimp wand was great for leveling to concserve mana. (Things died fast to dot + wand and maybe one nuke)

On other hand, before meeting up with recruit friend bonus, leveling has been super quick and she can't even seem to run out of mana at lv 15 (kinda like the first few lvs normally are but even longer)

So much QOL changes I am impressed after trying to stay bitter about wow since I quit

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Mana will likely not be a thing you ever need to worry about until Heroic Tier raiding.

And yes, there is no ranged slot anymore for any class. They did away with that a while back.

Sludig

Even hunters??? ;p (Kidding)

Engineering any fun without being a huge waste of time, or should an alt maybe bother with smithing?

Didn't they basically kill jewelcrafting or inscruption or still crazy to take vs just benefiting from others w/ it? Thought gem slots were gone or something.

At least on icecrown, economy seems so whack. Some lowby stuff fortune, other stuff cheap, but seems to mostly be wildly random due to no supply from alts.

Ill see like lv 25 greens for 10g..... not sure if they actually go for that, or if I should under cut at like 9g vs a more sane but still "high" to me 1g.

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
JC is very much alive at the end game. Engineering seems pretty useless for just about everything except a mount or two and Blingtron. Inscription has a few useful items.

The armor making skills are kind of useful but not really. At the end of the day, in my opinion alchemy is king. Raiders always gonna need potions.

There is a method to the randomness of expensive lowbie stuff - some of it is sought after transmog gear so a random level 30 green can sell for thousands of gold.

Sludig

Mains alch. Just contemplating pure gold making vs something maybe usefull. Especially if it could be to my other chars. Or at least be pretty fun, though I imagine the engineering stuff gets old quick.

goishen

Macho Ma'am
Yah, make sure you check your AH for everything related to alchemy, though. I at one time decided to switch my alt over from alchemy to mining. Went around and collected all the minerals for mining. Then, got back on my main, found out that I didn't need them. So, I switched back over to my alt, went around collecting all stuff for alchemy (again). Just for a lark, I did a search for Peacebloom -- 0 hits. Did a search for Silverthorn. 0 hits. Here I am sitting with like 10 stacks of each. So, I put it up for like 200g / stack.

Made some nice money on that one. By the time I hit one of the midlevel herbs, they had already caught on to me though. And I think I fucked around with the market, too. For example, people would be selling Briarthorn for like 100g / stack. I would come in and undercut them and sell mine for like 89 silver a stack. Until they finally took them down, decided that it wasn't worth it and then I would put up the next higher level herb at the same price.

Last edited:

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So saw warriors basically dont use a ranged slot anymore. And for my wifes priest, wand replaces staff....... I'm assuming high end wands dont have stats as good as staffs (if they even exist still). Not only do they replace staff, but seemed like dmg is garbage? A like lv 7 wand was doing negligible dmg to a lv 10 mob when I recall in vanilla/bc/etc low lvs a pimp wand was great for leveling to concserve mana. (Things died fast to dot + wand and maybe one nuke)

On other hand, before meeting up with recruit friend bonus, leveling has been super quick and she can't even seem to run out of mana at lv 15 (kinda like the first few lvs normally are but even longer)

So much QOL changes I am impressed after trying to stay bitter about wow since I quit
At the high end there are no weapon choices. You get a legendary for free that you basically must use.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Wands basically became one-hand weapons similar to daggers/maces for priest. They serve as stat sticks, but unlike dagger/maces, you can't use them to melee (I think), which is why the damage on them is completely irrelevant.

You can still use the original weapons, like staves. And I hate that I'm not allowed to use a staff as a Shadow Priest at high level, because my xmog falls flat without a staff.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
Noodleface Noodleface shoot me a message in game at Knebula-Zul'jin if you still want that Weak aura i use for cooldown tracking, i tried to find it on WAGO but it seems to be missing.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Engineering seems pretty useless for just about everything except a mount or two and Blingtron.

Reaves has saved our asses on many a M+ run gone wrong. Nothing like being in the middle of a dungeon and being unable to repair because you can't summon your repair mount.

That, and the ol' jumper cables still work miracles now and then. Though it's beyond me why they still fail so often.

Zhro

Silver Knight of the Realm
I really didn't think I'd like the prot changes and/or devastator, but I've really been enjoying it.

Watching the devastator weak aura to maximize procs is sometimes a pain though and I feel like I am just standing there most of the time.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
what are fury warriors using for relics these days? I've been using Wrath and Fury (+25% raging blow damage) but have a bunch of relics saved for some reason... Not sure if that is even the preferred relic.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Unrivaled Strength, Raging Berserker, Wrath & Fury, usually in that order of preference.

Basically, as long as you're not using Uncontrolled Rage or Wild Slashes, you're probably fine.

Edit: This is assuming they're all the same level. If you get an 885 Uncontrolled Rage, I wouldn't just throw it out. Wouldn't use it for all 3 slots either. There's a time and place for everything.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I really didn't think I'd like the prot changes and/or devastator, but I've really been enjoying it.

Watching the devastator weak aura to maximize procs is sometimes a pain though and I feel like I am just standing there most of the time.
Once I got the hang of it I thought it was OK. I don't like the standing around

Sludig

I'm sure at max level it will see use. but actually pretty disapointed with alchemy leveling. With no need for mana basically, and shit everything dies in one blood thirst. Doesnt seem useful. The armor pot increases armor by 1?? but doesnt even seem to reflect +1 on stat screen. And even with new scaling 1 is like nothing. Vs before it was good for a few %.

So far most use just out of swim speed and I suppose the crit potion, sure the stones might be of use later.

Was hoping fishing got faster or more interesting like everything else.

Took me a while to figure out the mass area loot and looting shit others had taggged?? and resources nodes spawning for multiple people in a spot.