World of Warcraft: Current Year

Palum

what Suineg set it to
The fact they haven't brought back a new mage tower/brawlers guild pisses me off. Mage tower more so then brawlers because you could super tune it and it was really fun. Seriously how hard is it to make like 6-8 fights for the archetypes each expansion? It was great for mastering you spec and gave you something fun to practice that wasn't tied to group content.
In fairness they did do a ton more "irregular" content this expac. It just was more filler than gameplay oriented. I'm hoping stuff like you mentioned will make it back this time.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
It's kind of hilarious running raids with people who've been doing all their remix raids and wizard chores since the start, so have a billion primary stat.

Fucker

Log Wizard
I mean sadly it works, so they will never stop milking that.

I just wish WoW didn’t go to dogshit after Legion well honestly before Legion but at least Legion was fun.
Dogshit would be an upgrade. I bailed on DF as soon as I hit 70. Tried it again today. Hit Emerald Dream. It's mostly about pets, transmogs, and mounts. Usual gear grind through world quests that you have to upgrade with "Flightstones". Use them to upgrade gear through various levels of green, then blue, etc. DUMB. Just fucking give me the gear. Other gear hidden through 3918401374 levels of "renown". You can run around planting "seeds" to get pets and other non gear shit.

That's it. TWW is going to be exactly the same.

What do you get when all your game devs are homos and trannies? A game that only appeals to homos and trannies. TWW, by the way, has 464 flying mounts. This is their idea of compelling content.

• 1Like

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Dogshit would be an upgrade. I bailed on DF as soon as I hit 70. Tried it again today. Hit Emerald Dream. It's mostly about pets, transmogs, and mounts. Usual gear grind through world quests that you have to upgrade with "Flightstones". Use them to upgrade gear through various levels of green, then blue, etc. DUMB. Just fucking give me the gear. Other gear hidden through 3918401374 levels of "renown". You can run around planting "seeds" to get pets and other non gear shit.

What do you get when all your game devs are homos and trannies? A game that only appeals to homos and trannies. TWW, by the way, has 464 flying mounts. This is their idea of compelling content.
Not all of them are anymore. DF wasn't great in terms of story, but it was 1000% better than the absolute shit BfA was. They were in free fall after Legion and losing Alex and the Cosby Suite bros. Love them or hate them, they did actually know how to make a fun MMO.

They have Metzen back now, and he is the one responsible going forward. The story should get a bit better (would be hard to get much worse), and the new mechanics sound interesting. One of the biggest problems WOW has had has been flavor of the xpac shit that is genuinely fun, but gets immediately dropped for "reasons" in the next xpac. Epic quests from vanilla, farmville in MoP, garrison in WoD, class halls and artifacts from Legion. Fuck, they could make an entire xpac's worth of content just bringing all of those back into the game.

Juvarisx

Florida
Not all of them are anymore. DF wasn't great in terms of story, but it was 1000% better than the absolute shit BfA was. They were in free fall after Legion and losing Alex and the Cosby Suite bros. Love them or hate them, they did actually know how to make a fun MMO.

They have Metzen back now, and he is the one responsible going forward. The story should get a bit better (would be hard to get much worse), and the new mechanics sound interesting. One of the biggest problems WOW has had has been flavor of the xpac shit that is genuinely fun, but gets immediately dropped for "reasons" in the next xpac. Epic quests from vanilla, farmville in MoP, garrison in WoD, class halls and artifacts from Legion. Fuck, they could make an entire xpac's worth of content just bringing all of those back into the game.

I never understood why class halls were not a perma addition. Just because I don't have Ashbringer anymore doesn't mean I am head paladin cow? You fight a fucking Old God in BFA, why do I not lead an army or whatever? Shadowlands I get since in game lore you never make it back to Azeroth till after the expansion is done, but the amount of world building that came from them was crazy and fun. I dunno, I am probably one of the rare autists that liked the missions you send your followers on and unlocking and upgrading shit. They could have made it like a garrison building game in EPL (for Paladins) where you build up Lights Hope over expacs. Maybe that's too daunting for rerollers or new players but you could accelerate prior expac stuff or just have it built when the next expansion starts.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I never understood why class halls were not a perma addition. Just because I don't have Ashbringer anymore doesn't mean I am head paladin cow? You fight a fucking Old God in BFA, why do I not lead an army or whatever? Shadowlands I get since in game lore you never make it back to Azeroth till after the expansion is done, but the amount of world building that came from them was crazy and fun. I dunno, I am probably one of the rare autists that liked the missions you send your followers on and unlocking and upgrading shit. They could have made it like a garrison building game in EPL (for Paladins) where you build up Lights Hope over expacs. Maybe that's too daunting for rerollers or new players but you could accelerate prior expac stuff or just have it built when the next expansion starts.
Yes they kinda fucked themselves over and over again with stuff like this. Unfortunately they made some of these things during the period where we're unlikely to ever get it back. Garrisons could have just been housing, class halls could have been permanent fixtures and instead of making everyone king just made them members, etc. Etc.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Penance

Silver Baronet of the Realm

I wanted to like DF so much. There were sparks of something good there. But it was still a cover for something that just didn't feel good. I hated every single character I encountered in that expansion. The mechanics were there in a lot of places, and wow combat still feels great. But no. The moments were few and far between. I'm so not hype for the trilogy expac coming out. Not to say I won't try it. I'll probably sub for 2 months. Once n the beginning and once in the end.
Yep Legion was the last gasp of something good in this game. They could've expanded class halls to be something. They could've mage mage tower a regular thing. They could've expanded on the AA system of artifacts. But somewhere along the line Activisions player engagement model came in and they decided they knew what people wanted to do and how to best guide them through the system.

Not to mention with how much they splinter the main game into alternative versions of classic bullshit they will essentially never have as much content due to their labor and projects just being so splintered. There will never be another WOTLK/Legion ever again in this game.

Would love to be proven wrong.

Fucker

Log Wizard
  • 1Truth!
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Palum

what Suineg set it to
At this point, how much in WoW is cross-server/cross-faction? Can you guild cross-server? Raids? Etc.?
Yea most things are cross server now. Cross faction still isn't supported outside of group finder stuff at the moment.

Burns

Yea most things are cross server now. Cross faction still isn't supported outside of group finder stuff at the moment.
Pretty sure you can invite anyone on your bnet friends list into a group, regardless of faction. That may even apply to Mythic raids.

Also vaguely remember reading they were doing more cross faction stuff in this xpac, guilds perhaps, or maybe guilds were cross realm now?

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
With the specific exception of PVP content, both factions always fight the same enemies be it in the main game, dungeons or raids, for mostly the same reason, the same rewards and the same outcome. When was the last time there was something faction specific that had some impact in game? Wasn't it the opening up of some raid in Vanilla or BC where each faction had to donate a shit ton of stuff and so the faction that did it first got a head start? Hell, even that was just a matter of getting in on a raid a few days ahead. So again, at this point in the cycle, what exactly is the purpose of hard coding factions? At least let people do betrayal quests to switch as you could in EQ2, if not just let whoever form guilds and raid with whatever race you want.

You wouldn't really even need to do much with regards to PVP, at least not in Battlegrounds. In stead of waiting to have 10 of each faction (or 20 or whatever) to start a BG, just wait til you have a total of 20 and then randomly distribute them into two teams.

Again, some may be pissed off and want to keep the facitons, but I I say again, apart from minor aesthetic appeal and some very minor differences in racials that have by now been so diluted as to be all but meaningless anyway, what actual in-game differences are there?

Burns

With the specific exception of PVP content, both factions always fight the same enemies be it in the main game, dungeons or raids, for mostly the same reason, the same rewards and the same outcome. When was the last time there was something faction specific that had some impact in game? Wasn't it the opening up of some raid in Vanilla or BC where each faction had to donate a shit ton of stuff and so the faction that did it first got a head start? Hell, even that was just a matter of getting in on a raid a few days ahead. So again, at this point in the cycle, what exactly is the purpose of hard coding factions? At least let people do betrayal quests to switch as you could in EQ2, if not just let whoever form guilds and raid with whatever race you want.

You wouldn't really even need to do much with regards to PVP, at least not in Battlegrounds. In stead of waiting to have 10 of each faction (or 20 or whatever) to start a BG, just wait til you have a total of 20 and then randomly distribute them into two teams.

Again, some may be pissed off and want to keep the facitons, but I I say again, apart from minor aesthetic appeal and some very minor differences in racials that have by now been so diluted as to be all but meaningless anyway, what actual in-game differences are there?
AQ in Vanilla was the opening of the gate with donations thing, but the raid opened for everyone on the server at the same time. There were a couple raid bosses in AQ40 where one faction had a large advantage, like the slime. The only other things I can think of are Wintergrasp raid bosses and Baradin Hold boss, where only the faction that won the PvP battle could do the raid boss.

I wasn't raiding during Trial of Crusader, so maybe that one too had some faction advantage?

Palum

what Suineg set it to

What the fuck was that? This was like the one thing they usually got right.

Yea that's looks more like advertisement or teaser.

Also lol just realized that armless black chick is just discount/temu/have at home Raubahn

• 1Like