World of Warcraft: Current Year

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm

Honestly much better than any of the DF Warbringer shorts. Xal'atath looks good, and the tone feels more on point. Now to wait for them to fuck it up.

I guess at this point, the audience has to encourage even the most basic of stories in hopes that they'll get better. Because even talking shit about them doesnt seem to have any positive effect.

This is "ok" but to the audience thats just mildly interested in the lore. You can figure out what the main points of the short are about and who is who by just having a basic understanding of the lore. "Ok, queen bitch Nerubian and her Princess daughter told the Black Empire to get fucked. This made them prosperous.. somehow? Maybe because they were no longer in conscription or slavery to them - Ie. Transylvania and the Persians? Just a single "drawing" of them being handed off to the Black Empire could have explained that, or I could just be completely wrong.

Then, Xal'Atath herself. Why the fuck is she coming out of the wall like this is a game of Portal? What exactly is the queen carrying on her body that has her cursed with the image of Xal'Atath? Wait.. now her daughter can see her too? Is she corporeal form? Or is she a fucking ghost?

Then, as the daughter kills the Queen - they add too much to decipher from the scene by just using script. If we're believing that the empire was prosperous under her rule because she pulled out of the black empire (if thats right?) - then we have to know WHY the princess, which was alive at that point and saw it for herself the difference - Why SHE thinks that the Nerubians rushing back off into war would make her people live the good life, again? Who or what is kicking the Nerubians while they are down and why does she want to go to war with them? Is she going to war against the black empire? I mean, give us a fucking clue?

------------------------ Lets excuse all that shit for a second, though.
There was almost ZERO political intrigue given into why the daughter stabbed her. The motive was vaguely clear. But did she just wake up one day and go, you know what bitch? DIE. Just what the fuck? Some ghost bitch shows up and you're instantly ready to fucking gut your mother? Stupid. Give the audience at least some kind of reason the build up happened. The daughter being completely out of focus until that pivotal moment is just poorly thought out for the motive that should have been built.

Then, as they go to war - not one bit of "DOOM and GLOOM on the horizon" was ever portrayed, or at least portrayed properly. Not every video needs to have a mountain of testosterone pouring out of it, but the end scene with the army lined up? That should have displayed an existential dread - an almost horrific picturesque view of an Army frothing at the mouth to go back to war. Why? Because the Princess comes off as her and her people have been WRONGED and HELD BACK all this time and now its THEIR TIME.

-- Its like the writers all collectively write this shit. Then when they are finished, they all read through it themselves to make sure it makes sense to "them" and give it a pass. When they really need to fucking run it past someone OUTSIDE of the fucking writing team.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Aazrael

What is Blizzards hard on for Slow Talking half whispering dialogous? Feels like it's been the same for the last few expansions.

Eh who cares, last I played was the second zone of Shadowlands then I noped out for good.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I guess at this point, the audience has to encourage even the most basic of stories in hopes that they'll get better. Because even talking shit about them doesnt seem to have any positive effect.

This is "ok" but to the audience thats just mildly interested in the lore. You can figure out what the main points of the short are about and who is who by just having a basic understanding of the lore. "Ok, queen bitch Nerubian and her Princess daughter told the Black Empire to get fucked. This made them prosperous.. somehow? Maybe because they were no longer in conscription or slavery to them - Ie. Transylvania and the Persians? Just a single "drawing" of them being handed off to the Black Empire could have explained that, or I could just be completely wrong.

Then, Xal'Atath herself. Why the fuck is she coming out of the wall like this is a game of Portal? What exactly is the queen carrying on her body that has her cursed with the image of Xal'Atath? Wait.. now her daughter can see her too? Is she corporeal form? Or is she a fucking ghost?

Then, as the daughter kills the Queen - they add too much to decipher from the scene by just using script. If we're believing that the empire was prosperous under her rule because she pulled out of the black empire (if thats right?) - then we have to know WHY the princess, which was alive at that point and saw it for herself the difference - Why SHE thinks that the Nerubians rushing back off into war would make her people live the good life, again? Who or what is kicking the Nerubians while they are down and why does she want to go to war with them? Is she going to war against the black empire? I mean, give us a fucking clue?

------------------------ Lets excuse all that shit for a second, though.
There was almost ZERO political intrigue given into why the daughter stabbed her. The motive was vaguely clear. But did she just wake up one day and go, you know what bitch? DIE. Just what the fuck? Some ghost bitch shows up and you're instantly ready to fucking gut your mother? Stupid. Give the audience at least some kind of reason the build up happened. The daughter being completely out of focus until that pivotal moment is just poorly thought out for the motive that should have been built.

Then, as they go to war - not one bit of "DOOM and GLOOM on the horizon" was ever portrayed, or at least portrayed properly. Not every video needs to have a mountain of testosterone pouring out of it, but the end scene with the army lined up? That should have displayed an existential dread - an almost horrific picturesque view of an Army frothing at the mouth to go back to war. Why? Because the Princess comes off as her and her people have been WRONGED and HELD BACK all this time and now its THEIR TIME.

-- It’s like the writers all collectively write this shit. Then when they are finished, they all read through it themselves to make sure it makes sense to "them" and give it a pass. When they really need to fucking run it past someone OUTSIDE of the fucking writing team.

Some shit is beyond fixing.

Runnen

Vyemm Raider

The way I understood the video, Xalathath promised to evolve those Nerubians through her Void powers so they could become conquerors (glimpse of a vision of 'humanoid' nerubians upright). The queen kept refusing as she did when the Black Empire tried to recruit them the last time. The princess at the time saw that her people faced famine and misery in the times that followed. As Xalatath came once more to speak to the queen, the uqeen refused again but didn't realize the princess was also being shown the same visions and promises all along. So this time the princess betrayed her mother and assassinated her, so that her people could claim their promised glory (at the end we see some evolved nerubians, meaning they're already transformed), so that her people can conquer more lands and never have to face such despair again.

Daidraco

The way I understood the video, Xalathath promised to evolve those Nerubians through her Void powers so they could become conquerors (glimpse of a vision of 'humanoid' nerubians upright). The queen kept refusing as she did when the Black Empire tried to recruit them the last time. The princess at the time saw that her people faced famine and misery in the times that followed. As Xalatath came once more to speak to the queen, the uqeen refused again but didn't realize the princess was also being shown the same visions and promises all along. So this time the princess betrayed her mother and assassinated her, so that her people could claim their promised glory (at the end we see some evolved nerubians, meaning they're already transformed), so that her people can conquer more lands and never have to face such despair again.

hall of fame game missed the point GIF

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
There was nothing wrong with the video. I’ll take that shit a million times over the squeaky anime girls FF14 fucks you in the ear with and everyone somehow raves about.

• 1Salty
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
There was nothing wrong with the video. I’ll take that shit a million times over the squeaky anime girls FF14 fucks you in the ear with and everyone somehow raves about.
Xalatath is an anime girl and is increasingly reminisent of FF14's final boss.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Xalatath is an anime girl and is increasingly reminisent of FF14's final boss.

I haven't tried a WoW expansion on release day since TBC. I don't think I'll start now, just finished Stormblood in FF14, but I'll watch this thread to see if it doesn't suck.

I'll take boobilicious Anime girls in midriff outfits any day over wheelchair'd dragons and checkbox one armed paladins :p

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
I haven't tried a WoW expansion on release day since TBC. I don't think I'll start now, just finished Stormblood in FF14, but I'll watch this thread to see if it doesn't suck.

I'll take boobilicious Anime girls in midriff outfits any day over wheelchair'd dragons and checkbox one armed paladins :p
Yeah you are up to the good stuff in FF14. The run from about lv78 to lv90 is incredible - 2nd Shadowbringers Trial to 3rd Endwalker Trial.

Their criteria for "anime girl" is "female japanese character" regardless of genre or tone. I find it totally puzzling when the same character written by an American would be fine for them.

That being said, the crazy manic energy from Xalatath in that trailer is pretty interesting.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
I’m talking about shit like this. To be more clear when I say “anime girl” I mean a depiction of a child.

IMG_6353.jpeg

Last edited:

Chris

Potato del Grande
I’m talking about shit like this. To be more clear when I say “anime girl” I mean a depiction of a child.

View attachment 540265
OK. There are games that are full of anime girls like Hoyoverse games. Not sure what that has to do with Final Fantasy and you took an image from a different game lol.

Is Chromie an anime girl (boy?).

Last edited:

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
OK. There are games that are full of anime girls like Hoyoverse games. Not sure what that has to do with Final Fantasy and you took an image from a different gamr lol.

Is Chromie an anime girl (boy?).
We’re talking about MMO’s here. That image came up when I searched for FF14 anime girl.

Penance

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Expansion theme feels very MAGA? Make An'qarat Great Again? Fuck me in rooting for the villain again.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I was just thinking, if they offered WoW skins of modern weapons for buying COD, I might buy it just to have an AR 15 toting hunter.

• 1Solidarity

Chris

Potato del Grande
View attachment 540379

And I guess you're making the argument that there is weird WoW fan art for gnome females?

That's a little different than it actually being a feature of the game, right?
Yeah the random fan art you found is totally different to the random fanart I found.

Also Chromie can put her dick in your ass despite having tbe body of a child, she's actually 1000s of years old.

• 1Worf

Daidraco

There is an abundance of gay and degenerate shit in both of these mmo's. If you go out looking for it, you will find it. WoW's degenerate shit is very publicized and out in the open. But in FFXIV, you can be walking to your guild house and be invited into a freaky deaky bar where some dude playing a cat lady will sex't you for 100,000 silver before you even realize what the fuck is happening. "How the hell did they design this place... wait.. whoa.. WHOA. BRO, WTF IS GOING ON IN HERE?"

Ive since seen Furries congregating in the fucking inn outside of Stormwind in WoW for comparison. That faggot shit is here to stay whether we like it or not. Someone could come out with some high testosterone, demon fueled project of an MMO and these types of people will still find a way to make it all about dildo's on a fur suit.