World of Warcraft: Current Year

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Started back in my mage. Frost was really fun in DF but think I'll give arcane a go this time since that's what the cool kids are saying is meta.

I can already feel Metzens influence. In the little preamble to the story the cliff notes were a better retelling of the last 3 xpacs then any thing they actually did in the xpacs.

Play some frost pvp before they nerf it.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I loved how Stonespeaker lady calmed and patiently explained to Skyspeaker guy about how he was wrong and he meekly accepted it.

It's a big woke trope and the total role reversal of how men and women actually interact.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I loved how Stonespeaker lady calmed and patiently explained to Skyspeaker guy about how he was wrong and he meekly accepted it.

It's a big woke trope and the total role reversal of how men and women actually interact.
My favorite part is when Faerin is having some big moment after you kill the purple bad. Anduin is sitting there and this black female soldier walks up beside him. He looks over at her, and they perfectly captured that "Holy fuck. Im a white guy surrounded by minorities. Be cool. Be cool." moment.

Juvarisx

Florida
My favorite part of the campaign was clicking so fast and pressing escape on cinematics led me to not know anything about the story and I dont care one bit.

Thanks for the 2 hander upgrade black one armed lady whoever you are!

I did like the quest to kill the gigantic colossus using storm birds tho.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Based Blizzard nerfing player power at 70-73 in a patch so that the poors who didn't pay for Early Access have a harder time

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Fucker

Log Wizard
My favorite part of the campaign was clicking so fast and pressing escape on cinematics led me to not know anything about the story and I dont care one bit.

Khadgar caught a tactical nuke to the face. Dalaran got turned into table salt.

kd.jpg

• 1Solidarity

Juvarisx

Florida
Okay how is the rep farm supposed to work? Someone must know cause this is a result of a world quest and wtf is this

1724784295581.png

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Got to do some weeklies while running around doing MSQ. Alleria needs to take some Midol or something instead of stringing us along week after week trying to unlock earthen race.

• 1Truth!

Chris

Potato del Grande
Based Blizzard nerfing player power at 70-73 in a patch so that the poors who didn't pay for Early Access have a harder time
I'm lv72 and just mashing buttons at this point because I level boosted a new class and missed the talent revamp, everything dies.

My favorite part is when Faerin is having some big moment after you kill the purple bad. Anduin is sitting there and this black female soldier walks up beside him. He looks over at her, and they perfectly captured that "Holy fuck. Im a white guy surrounded by minorities. Be cool. Be cool." moment.
I feel like they give him a new love interest in every expansion then the writing team changes?

Is he going to get with Bolvar's secret daughter from Kul'Tiras, Greymane's Daughter or Lothar's diverse black lesbian muslim disabled cousin.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Got to do some weeklies while running around doing MSQ. Alleria needs to take some Midol or something instead of stringing us along week after week trying to unlock earthen race.
I was under impression we'd be able to unlock Earthen today, pisses me off!

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Okay how is the rep farm supposed to work? Someone must know cause this is a result of a world quest and wtf is this

View attachment 543452
I had to look it up myself. "The Severed Threads" faction is broken down into three mini-factions that you worked with in the last zone. The General (scarab), the Vizier (standing mantis), and the Weaver (spider). If Im not mistaken, once the season starts - you can focus a particular mini-faction once a week for the whole week. This faction gives you world buffs, etc. This is the list. Some extra shit to go after, but the Weaver .. in my opinion, is probably the strongest because of the 30% increase to gathering speed. The Generals buff is becoming invulnerable for a few seconds upon death. The vizier lets you get up to 20% more Kej currency.

• 1Like

Fucker

Log Wizard
Patch isn't live yet, they announced it today
As players have jumped into The War Within and begun leveling up, we’ve seen data and heard a great deal of feedback that players coming into Khaz Algar with endgame Dragonflight gear were extremely powerful relative to that initial content. It is entirely intended that effort put into gearing translates into a significant combat advantage at the start of a new expansion, but the values we’ve been seeing are extreme, often not even allowing time for normal combat rotations. This disparity also caused mixed-level groups to experience skewed results, with lower-level players contributing drastically more than level 80s. Tomorrow, Wednesday, August 28, we’re going to apply hotfixes to the game to address this.
The hotfixes will adjust the scaling of enemies in War Within leveling content to increase the power of lower-level enemies, bringing the duration of combat more in line with expected WoW behavior. These changes will be most noticeable at level 70, and will have a reduced impact as your level increases. Enemies at level 80 and above will be unchanged.
Again, we’ll make these changes tomorrow, August 28.
Thank you!

These people are retards. They need to leave it alone.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
As players have jumped into The War Within and begun leveling up, we’ve seen data and heard a great deal of feedback that players coming into Khaz Algar with endgame Dragonflight gear were extremely powerful relative to that initial content. It is entirely intended that effort put into gearing translates into a significant combat advantage at the start of a new expansion, but the values we’ve been seeing are extreme, often not even allowing time for normal combat rotations. This disparity also caused mixed-level groups to experience skewed results, with lower-level players contributing drastically more than level 80s. Tomorrow, Wednesday, August 28, we’re going to apply hotfixes to the game to address this.
The hotfixes will adjust the scaling of enemies in War Within leveling content to increase the power of lower-level enemies, bringing the duration of combat more in line with expected WoW behavior. These changes will be most noticeable at level 70, and will have a reduced impact as your level increases. Enemies at level 80 and above will be unchanged.
Thank you!

Scaling has always and will always be the gayest fucking shit ever...

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Burns

Thank you!

Oh look, a decent advantage for people paying almost double to play on release instead of waiting 5 days.

It looks like everyone on my friends list that played DF season 3 bought the $90 full release. Makes me wonder how many would have only payed $50 if it didn't have the delayed start.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
I would certainly hope 80s in Champion+ awakened gear aren't having problems, all this does is hose the fresh alts when they walk in.

So stanard Blizzing.

Fucker

Log Wizard
I would certainly hope 80s in Champion+ awakened gear aren't having problems, all this does is hose the fresh alts when they walk in.

So stanard Blizzing.
The only way to fix this is to scale the mobs and give everyone a fat 50% xp boost until they ding max level. Otherwise, it is pure pay to progress for early access folks.

Enough people are pissed about it so maybe they will delay it by a week.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Oh look, a decent advantage for people paying almost double to play on release instead of waiting 5 days.

It looks like everyone on my friends list that played DF season 3 bought the $90 full release. Makes me wonder how many would have only payed $50 if it didn't have the delayed start.

You are reading that wrong the early players aren't getting the advantage in this case. It's piss poor retard scaling where you get weaker as you level as has happened every single time since they implemented this shit.

The level 70s with last expac gear are shitting on the higher levels because of how the retard scaling works.. I mean overall it isn't an issue because once max level it's an even playing field once again, but just says to anyone with a brain why the fuck do they even need levels anymore since they want to use faggot scaling to begin with.

Burns

You are reading that wrong the early players aren't getting the advantage in this case. It's piss poor retard scaling where you get weaker as you level as has happened every single time since they implemented this shit.

The level 70s with last expac gear are shitting on the higher levels because of how the retard scaling works.. I mean overall it isn't an issue because once max level it's an even playing field once again, but just says to anyone with a brain why the fuck do they even need levels anymore since they want to use faggot scaling to begin with.
It should mean both, in group content the 70 to 76 are/were greatly outperforming the 76+ and leveling was significantly faster in the overworld because season 3/pre-patch geared toons were "overgeared" for the content.

In past xpacs, after about 73 only tanks could really pull every mob in an area and move to the next area with no downtime, until quests are done. It sounds like with their botched scaling, anyone in season 3 gear could do it this time.

Usually they have a pretty harsh level scaling curve, where around 74-76 things start getting harder (depending if you have mythic gear). This time it seems they didn't scale it hardly at all. I remember in BFA where at 75 I went from chain pulling to hitting 77 and almost dying if getting 3+ mobs at the same time (slowing down leveling significantly).