World of Warcraft: Current Year

Chris

Potato del Grande
Is the MSQ stuck at 4/5 chapters for now? Up to "Wait for news from Alleria"

I had to look up bug workarounds for the entire last section with the waterworks and powerplant, really unpolished stuff.

Kinda dissapointed in Heroics, it's just pull all the packs you can see and AoE them down with little risk of death. Bosses are forgettable and you may as well AoE them down with the trash.

It's going to suck on Mythic, just gonna be stressful chain pulls and asshole party members. Already had a guy call me out for not knowing the way in the poorly signposted airship dungeon I hadn't done before, then die to the last boss and quit the group when you just throw dynamite at it.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Hallowfell and the ability to do fun artsy things with viewing angles and permanent golden-hour lighting is just great.

While I appreciate they didn't make the zones feel claustrophobic the sheer size of the caverns for each of the underground zones is a bit of a missed opportunity. That and the whole deal with the Nerubian city is a riff on what they did with Suramar City in Legion.

Shame they didn't give Lilian Voss more to say. I've always enjoyed her constantly shitting on the establishment.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
SS doesn't do it justice, but it really is a well done zone.View attachment 543737
After getting regular flying and snooping around the outer edge of that zone with the Fatigue timer going - I think theyre going to add on land mass "across" the water. I mean the air ships only slightly make sense in that area. So if there is another "something" across the water, they would be more understandable. Other than "Look Ma! We got Air Ships and a token black person impersonating a Lothar family member!"

So far the leaving has been smooth. I always mean to read the quest text and get into the story but after a a few I am like "WHAT DO I KILL WOMAN!?"

I know it was a big joke in the past, but if anyone wants to hang out or play WoW in a guild and needs one, I started Mistwalkers on Stormrage. Hit Narlathotep with a tell if you are interested.
I thought I had you on Battle.net. Can you friend request me - Daidraco#1425. Think its cross server and cross faction now, but not sure.
Is the MSQ stuck at 4/5 chapters for now? Up to "Wait for news from Alleria"

I had to look up bug workarounds for the entire last section with the waterworks and powerplant, really unpolished stuff.

Kinda dissapointed in Heroics, it's just pull all the packs you can see and AoE them down with little risk of death. Bosses are forgettable and you may as well AoE them down with the trash.

It's going to suck on Mythic, just gonna be stressful chain pulls and asshole party members. Already had a guy call me out for not knowing the way in the poorly signposted airship dungeon I hadn't done before, then die to the last boss and quit the group when you just throw dynamite at it.
The only consistent bug I run into is where Ill finish someones quest. Itll close the quest window and Ill have to click the quest giver, and ... itll just hang, without loading the new quest dialogue box. So my work around is if an NPC that has a chat bubble is near, Ill talk to them, then close that and then the quest will work (or ill just reload ui.) The water works delve.. nothing was wrong with that area at all. At least not for me on the first clear without it being bountiful, and then on the second clear for the MSQ and it being bountiful.

There are more quests past the Waterworks Delve. Im not sure how much more, as thats where Im at currently, just kinda afk while I type this. But the campaign is annoying in that you dont know exactly what triggers need to be done to unlock further parts of the campaign. Which, .. I do wish that was like FFXIV. Because at least in that game, it tells you what needs to be completed first.. usually. In terms of similarity, though, I would compare it to that limbo period after 1.0 and Heavensward. Where, the quests... are content, and something.. but nothing is really moving forward. Not a big fan of that type of busy body shit.

Heroics have been a slaughter fest going back all the way to WOD iirc. I hated it at first because Im running Affliction and the other talent trees were beating the shit out of me. Fast forward some repeated farming of gear, learning where most tanks park, and getting way more familiar with my rotation - I went from doing somewhere around 500k dps on a pull yesterday, to a dungeon just an hour ago and I'm almost four times as high as that now. (Weapon, Trinkets, upgrading a lot, etc.) If you pay attention, the real raw moments is when you're fighting a boss and everyone else has blew their load but the boss is still at 25% - Ill refresh my dots which'll proc some shit and its almost completely me, killing it at the end.

I look forward to Mythic+, definitely, though. There are some old world dungeons like Grim Batol, that have my BIS stuff in it and.. we dont even have access to that currently.

Oh, and yea... Fuck the Dawn Breaker instance. CONSTANTLY lost in that zone even though I know where the targets are - the Tank could be clearing some shit on the other side of the town and everyone is sitting with you like.. what the fuck is he even doing?

Hallowfell and the ability to do fun artsy things with viewing angles and permanent golden-hour lighting is just great.

While I appreciate they didn't make the zones feel claustrophobic the sheer size of the caverns for each of the underground zones is a bit of a missed opportunity. That and the whole deal with the Nerubian city is a riff on what they did with Suramar City in Legion.

Shame they didn't give Lilian Voss more to say. I've always enjoyed her constantly shitting on the establishment.
I thought that whole little section was interesting. I just didnt expect to see her, so it was nice seeing something from the past. If I had to take a guess, I think Metzen was directly involved with that whole little area. If not him, then someone that has a long history with Warcraft in general. The undead in the cave below the city. The rumors, which was a thing back in the RTS's in dialogue (not actual quests.)

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
After getting regular flying and snooping around the outer edge of that zone with the Fatigue timer going - I think theyre going to add on land mass "across" the water. I mean the air ships only slightly make sense in that area. So if there is another "something" across the water, they would be more understandable. Other than "Look Ma! We got Air Ships and a token black person impersonating a Lothar family member!"

I thought that whole little section was interesting. I just didnt expect to see her, so it was nice seeing something from the past. If I had to take a guess, I think Metzen was directly involved with that whole little area. If not him, then someone that has a long history with Warcraft in general. The undead in the cave below the city. The rumors, which was a thing back in the RTS's in dialogue (not actual quests.)
Hey now, gimpy black paladin is a Lothar! It's in her name and everything!

I was glad to see Lillian again too. She has always been a great character.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I haven't done much side stuff, but how many dark trolls/proto elves/whatever are there? Would make sense for them to have a zone.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I haven't done much side stuff, but how many dark trolls/proto elves/whatever are there? Would make sense for them to have a zone.
Only a handful right now but apparently they're being set up for their own noble savage story arc, undoubtedly lead by a strong wahmen.

Daidraco

They have them. Theyre called the Harronir. Their quests mostly populate the "west side" of AK. Encroaching on the border of the City of Threads (yt man holdin' us down!) They look like black women impersonating white women with big ears, but still keeping their "cuhltcha" by having obnoxious hair styles, clothing and jewelry. The dudes look mix raced with the same bullshit. Theyre suppose to be Druids, and you'll see that in the longest quest chains. One where the woman, which will probably be the leader of said tribe - goes all "Avatar" and is crying because she cant save the wildlife from the "BLACK BLOOD" that the Nerubians also harvest. The other is some dude out in the middle of no where that can feel the pain of the roots inside the worm lands (small mountain with worms in a cave in it, inside the AK cave). The roots are the world tree thats under ground, if you couldnt tell.

Black Blood, if you follow the Nerubian story lines helps them become stronger, and if you take too much you start to see the other realm. Black Blood is shunned by the more common citizens of the City of Threads and looked down upon. So I'm guessing Black Blood is actually some type of analogy for Heroin or some shit. (On this same line of thought, what race do you think they are making the Nerubians out to impersonate?)

There are obvious plot holes in some of the quests. Metzen specifically mentions that he came in during this part of the development. So I imagine he is making them reinvision the entire story arc of the Harronir. I dont mind the Avatar story line cause even Avatar took it from another story and it remains popular.

At this point, yea.. theres some shit about American Black Culture that I hate. But I'm starting to believe my hate is purely derived from woke ass white people reinforcing stereotypes based off the worst common denominator. Asmongold nailed it about these people in his video on War WIthin - these people arent cool, and never will be cool. These arent the people that should have any creative influence on the world, its races, and its lore.

Last edited:

Braen

<Medals Crew>
I have pivoted and since WoW allows cross server and factions in guilds now, joined Fires of Heaven on Hyjal.

Since it's easier to find a piece of hay in a massive stack of needles, here is the community I created to organized anyone that wants to join up:

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I have a feeling the Harronir will turn out to be the literal common ancestor of the elves and trolls and were, like Earthen, made by one of the Titans as an immune response mechanism to deal with the void issues. So while the Earthen are proto dwarves and elemental oriented the Harronir will be life/druidic oriented but operate under a strict Prime Directive situation.

• 1Like

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I have a feeling the Harronir will turn out to be the literal common ancestor of the elves and trolls and were, like Earthen, made by one of the Titans as an immune response mechanism to deal with the void issues. So while the Earthen are proto dwarves and elemental oriented the Harronir will be life/druidic oriented but operate under a strict Prime Directive situation.
Uh I thought this was already known fact, these are just left behind missing links

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Well I feel fucking stupid now. I thought you needed sojourner in all 4 zones for pathfinder. Nope. Just the MSQ shit and explorer for all zones. On the plus side, I have 3/4 of the zones completely smashed through.

• 1Like

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
It's kinda funny I was accidentally dying in these pockets of elites diving in for herbs, now I'm soloing them if needed. Holy shit some stuff has too much HP, I was beating on some giant for what seemed like 5min, no risk of dying on my part. Bear of course, without ravage procs would have taken 10-15 lol.

I'm gonna have to break my knowledge embargo now, and read up shit now that I'm 80, I'm gonna give tanking a go again. Already 560, sitting at 6m and haven't touched a dungeon yet. Once I run through all the zones and know what the fuck I'm doing, I'll be happy to tank and spare anyone PUG fuckery.

Daidraco

Well I feel fucking stupid now. I thought you needed sojourner in all 4 zones for pathfinder. Nope. Just the MSQ shit and explorer for all zones. On the plus side, I have 3/4 of the zones completely smashed through.
I thought 460% would feel a lot faster, but no - its still slow as dog shit when compared to Dragon Riding. I thought you understood what I was linking you when I got it. My bad.

So just as a recap for things I've put together since being at the end of content for the release:
1. Upgrade all your gear at least to like lvl 3 or 4 while its on the tier 1 crest, still. Just using the crests is the key here. You'll get more, and there is no reason to hoard them. Upgrade your BIS or Second BIS Weapon(s) to 593 first, then your Trinkets. Otherwise, additional crests past limit will disappear into the wind.

2. Helm, Shoulders, and chest can be bought from the renown vendors and are 591 at 1/8, iirc. Its lvl 7 or 8 in the renown tracks and just doing all the quests in the zone will generally put you at that lvl or close enough. Weavers will cap out first, and they have a 571 trinket that you can use. Pointing this out, cause even if they dont match your secondary stats, they'll still Sim out better because the increased primary stat, which is often a 12 to 7 weight ratio.

3. Renown stops at lvl 10 for launch. As far as I noticed, nothing seemed to open up story wise with the Weavers (only one I have at 10, currently). There is no reason to farm rumors, etc. Unless you're farming for the K currency.

4. Speaking of currencies - dont purchase cosmetics unless you're getting ready to hit cap. I've gotten plenty of the cosmetics for absolutely free from just being out in the world.

5. As player unfriendly as it may seem, replacing people is almost instant inside of an instance. Even for a tank. So if you're target farming something, especially as a DPS - I would suggest dropping the group as soon as you kill the particular boss. I had to do 34 runs of Stone Vault to get my Staff .. on the third boss. 17 runs of Ara, first boss, thank God, to get my trinket. You cant do that shit in Mythic's, obviously. So its worth it to get your BIS now, while people are slamming Heroics back to back.

6. World Souls, or whatever the things are called that let you do azeroth memories - DO NOT use them unless you're absolutely sure you want to. You have the option to use 1, 3, or 5, for the better rewards. With these Memories or whatever, you can get sparks and keys from them - so its worth it to do the 5's.

... Im sure Im missing some obvious stuff, but this list is comprised of my regrets, mostly.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I thought 460% would feel a lot faster, but no - its still slow as dog shit when compared to Dragon Riding. I thought you understood what I was linking you when I got it. My bad.

So just as a recap for things I've put together since being at the end of content for the release:
1. Upgrade all your gear at least to like lvl 3 or 4 while its on the tier 1 crest, still. Just using the crests is the key here. You'll get more, and there is no reason to hoard them. Upgrade your BIS or Second BIS Weapon(s) to 593 first, then your Trinkets. Otherwise, additional crests past limit will disappear into the wind.

2. Helm, Shoulders, and chest can be bought from the renown vendors and are 591 at 1/8, iirc. Its lvl 7 or 8 in the renown tracks and just doing all the quests in the zone will generally put you at that lvl or close enough. Weavers will cap out first, and they have a 571 trinket that you can use. Pointing this out, cause even if they dont match your secondary stats, they'll still Sim out better because the increased primary stat, which is often a 12 to 7 weight ratio.

3. Renown stops at lvl 10 for launch. As far as I noticed, nothing seemed to open up story wise with the Weavers (only one I have at 10, currently). There is no reason to farm rumors, etc. Unless you're farming for the K currency.

4. Speaking of currencies - dont purchase cosmetics unless you're getting ready to hit cap. I've gotten plenty of the cosmetics for absolutely free from just being out in the world.

5. As player unfriendly as it may seem, replacing people is almost instant inside of an instance. Even for a tank. So if you're target farming something, especially as a DPS - I would suggest dropping the group as soon as you kill the particular boss. I had to do 34 runs of Stone Vault to get my Staff .. on the third boss. 17 runs of Ara, first boss, thank God, to get my trinket. You cant do that shit in Mythic's, obviously. So its worth it to get your BIS now, while people are slamming Heroics back to back.

6. World Souls, or whatever the things are called that let you do azeroth memories - DO NOT use them unless you're absolutely sure you want to. You have the option to use 1, 3, or 5, for the better rewards. With these Memories or whatever, you can get sparks and keys from them - so its worth it to do the 5's.

... Im sure Im missing some obvious stuff, but this list is comprised of my regrets, mostly.
I'm just glad it's done. I will still get sojourner for AK because my OCD demands it, but I would have had pathfinder done 2 days ago if I had realized I just needed the MSQ bits. That's a me thing, since I didn't read the cheevo requirements closely enough,

Runnen

Vyemm Raider

You're gonna "need" Sojourners down the line anyway for the end of expansion meta-achiev similar to what they did at the end of Shadowladns and Dragonflight for a bonus mount. So it's not like it's not gonna pay off eventually.

I got the Ol' Mole Rufus mount from the Lurker of the Deeps rare in Ringing Deeps. I focused that one because it requires 5 people to click levers across the zone simultaneously so that's gonna be a bitch to do later when few/no people are doing it.

• 1Mother of God

Araxen

Arcane might get nerfed a bit, but Fire will get buffed to compensate. It's been the case for nearly every season in the last 2 expansions, that Fire becomes meta at some point in the season.
Here is it for next weeks round of buffs/nerfs:
  • Mage
    • Fire
      • Living Bomb damage increased by 30%.
      • Pyroblast damage increased by 5%.
      • Flamestrike damage increased by 10%.
    • Frostfire
      • Frostfire Bolt damage increased by 25% for Fire.
    • Sunfury
      • Burden of Power can no longer be double dipped by spell queueing.
      • Arcane Phoenix damage dealt reduced by 10% for Arcane.
      • Arcane Soul base duration reduced to 2 seconds (was 3 seconds).

Daidraco

Here is it for next weeks round of buffs/nerfs:

I mean, no kidding.. the Arcane Mages I see in Heroics that are geared, fucking ROAST the DPS meters. Give affliction lock's more than a few seconds and they got them beat. But they were still giving affliction locks a run for their money on throughput and that was just rustling at best, as a Warlock. Ha!

Luckily, the gearing isnt too vastly different between fire and arcane. Crit swaps places with Vers in weight, irrc.

Razzes

Trakanon Raider
I mean, no kidding.. the Arcane Mages I see in Heroics that are geared, fucking ROAST the DPS meters. Give affliction lock's more than a few seconds and they got them beat. But they were still giving affliction locks a run for their money on throughput and that was just rustling at best, as a Warlock. Ha!

Luckily, the gearing isnt too vastly different between fire and arcane. Crit swaps places with Vers in weight, irrc.
No one switching to fire lol. They made arcane rotation much less fun and intuitive though. Double dipping on nether precision but not on burden? Dumb.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Attacking Sunfury hero talents is a good start since that's where all the power is. More to come.

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
I'm not sure of other trades, but the items that are supposed to give you skillups for inscription...do absolutely nothing. I didn't realize until I checked skill last night, was still sitting at 21.