World of Warcraft: Current Year

Chris

Potato del Grande
5. As player unfriendly as it may seem, replacing people is almost instant inside of an instance. Even for a tank. So if you're target farming something, especially as a DPS - I would suggest dropping the group as soon as you kill the particular boss. I had to do 34 runs of Stone Vault to get my Staff .. on the third boss. 17 runs of Ara, first boss, thank God, to get my trinket. You cant do that shit in Mythic's, obviously. So its worth it to get your BIS now, while people are slamming Heroics back to back.
Yeah I was wondering about that, feels like AIDS. I'm running that dungeon right now as three trinkets drop and I need another heroic one.

You are right, it is a fast replace. It's just getting more antisocial the more I play.

I'm almost at 580 now and as Demon Hunter Tank I'm just tanking the whole instance at once at this point.

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
I'm not sure of other trades, but the items that are supposed to give you skillups for inscription...do absolutely nothing. I didn't realize until I checked skill last night, was still sitting at 21.

They give you specialization points, not skill points.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
They give you specialization points, not skill points.
Hmm the herb ones raised skills, assumed it was same, I admit I'm kinda clueless still on some of the new profession shit. I'll have to read closer next time I get one, could have sworn it said just add skill.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
They're going to hotfix in a deserter debuff for leaving a matchmade group before finishing the dungeon. Not sure when they're rolling it out.

• 1Barf
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
They're going to hotfix in a deserter debuff for leaving a matchmade group before finishing the dungeon. Not sure when they're rolling it out.
Would be wild if Metzen read my post on here. But let me not be delusional. 😂

• 1Worf

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Got everything done except a quest in AK that is bugged called Scarab Scouting which has had issues since beta. Some people just never get to the right phasing for whatever reason. Oh well. Whenever it gets fixed I will have last sojourner done. Got my weekly shit done. Now I will log all my toons in to get rested xp started. Think I will hit druid just because.

• 1Like

Burns

Sounds like a good change. Pretty sure the existing debuff used to be harsher in the past, but for DF (at least) it was very relaxed. In DF it only hit you if you were the first person in the group to leave before the first boss or a wipe.

I read that currently a bunch of people want the trinket from the first boss in some dungeon, so people were continually leaving after that boss was killed. When DPS have 20+ min queue, it's a real slap in the face when the douchebag tank or healer leaves after not getting the item they want. This change sounds like a direct response to that.

I wouldn't be surprised if they loosen it up again, sometime after M+ 1+ are open.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I'm seeing all kinds of retardation in dungeons because people won't communicate unless it's a butthurt meltdown.

I don't mind the boss farming or expecting optimal routes but communicate that.

Seems like it's the people doing low dps and healing bitching.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Saw lines on the ceiling of Hallowfall that mach the lines in Nagrand, then on reddit seems like someone else had the same idea:

Did the mage questline down there and it's brutal, I appreciate them explaining why they don't just teleport out. Now maybe The Alliance can go down there and tell them that they have spaceships and can reach their homeland from orbit.

Last edited:

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Got everything done except a quest in AK that is bugged called Scarab Scouting which has had issues since beta.
That was the last one I was waiting on as well and it was just doable; not sure if Blizz finally fixed the issue or if they grey elite World Quest that was up slightly to the east blocks the dirt piles from spawning.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
That was the last one I was waiting on as well and it was just doable; not sure if Blizz finally fixed the issue or if they grey elite World Quest that was up slightly to the east blocks the dirt piles from spawning.
Thanks for letting me know. I got my loremaster cheevo done now.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
wowAHissue.png

• 1Worf
  • 1WTF

Burns

Was there anything wrong with the old AH?

They can make it functional by allowing you to buy more expensive auctions since the cheapest is usually bought and not updating that it's gone quickly enough.
Depends on what you mean by old AH. They introduced regionwide AH for gatherable mats sometime in Shadowlands, then expanded it to everything in DF. That made it so people on extremely low pop servers weren't so heavily penalized for staying on the low pop servers and they could stop merging servers (which got calls of "dying game" every time they did it). They have kept pushing for more and more cross server everything since then, for probably the same reasons.

When I played in DF, I'm pretty sure there was a way to just buy the lowest item on the list by just clicking on the item, and not expanding to see all 10,000 listings. Occasionally it would come up as item already sold, but it didn't seem that bad. You should also already have the option to buy the higher priced items too, by expanding the list.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Went in blind as fuck after a 6 year break, just hit 80 and so far top 3 expansion for me. Digging the spider stuff so far.

• 3Like
  • 1Seriously?
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 4 users

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Went in blind as fuck after a 6 year break, just hit 80 and so far top 3 expansion for me. Digging the spider stuff so far.
Top 3? Ehhhhhhhh maybe if you're accidentally including so the mechanical stuff they fixed in DF like talent trees.

I'm more of the opinion that positivity around this expansion so far is a reflection of the poor quality of so many since Cata.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Top 3? Ehhhhhhhh maybe if you're accidentally including so the mechanical stuff they fixed in DF like talent trees.

I'm more of the opinion that positivity around this expansion so far is a reflection of the poor quality of so many since Cata.
Granted Im at the beach, tired af and a little bit drunk from day drinking. But I think the expansion “so far” is good, but for a multitude of reasons that may or may not be from the game directly.

After playing BFA for a few weeks and quitting, then doing the same thing in SL’s and not lasting more than a week in DF … then, to play this expansion and straight up do all of the expansions release content in less than a week…. Yes, this expansions is objectively better even if I cant put my finger on it.

I was thinking the honey moon phase for this expansion is basically because there isnt shit out there that I want to play. Has been like that since I finished up the elden ring expansion.

What Im looking forward to is Season 1, though. That is going to define if I actually last more than a week. At least seeing if I like the raid, the Mythic+ selection, or just any of the end game shit to see if its worth staying.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Granted Im at the beach, tired af and a little bit drunk from day drinking. But I think the expansion “so far” is good, but for a multitude of reasons that may or may not be from the game directly.

After playing BFA for a few weeks and quitting, then doing the same thing in SL’s and not lasting more than a week in DF … then, to play this expansion and straight up do all of the expansions release content in less than a week…. Yes, this expansions is objectively better even if I cant put my finger on it.

I was thinking the honey moon phase for this expansion is basically because there isnt shit out there that I want to play. Has been like that since I finished up the elden ring expansion.

What Im looking forward to is Season 1, though. That is going to define if I actually last more than a week. At least seeing if I like the raid, the Mythic+ selection, or just any of the end game shit to see if its worth staying.

Yea, it's mechanically OK right now. The story is not as gay as it could have been, and there's a possibility of more serious warcraft themes returning over the patch cycles and next two expansions. So I suppose that's a positive, but it's not Legion. On the balance I think DF was the better expansion with dragonflying, revamped talents and reworked content cycle. It just happened to be themed like a Barbie collab.

Fucker

Log Wizard
Perhaps. There hasn't been a good expac since Legion, which released 8 years ago. Time flies.

There isn't anything standout excellent in this xpac except the art. There isn't anything straight up shit about it, either. It feels like a standard Wow xpac.

• 2Like

Juvarisx

Florida
Top 3 really isn't that hard for expansions. I has super nostalgia for TBC like anyone but objectively it wasn't as good as what came later.

Legion
MoP
TWW = WoTLK
WoD (This would be higher if it had 1 more raid tier or an Argus type patch, what was there was primo content there just wasn't enough of it)

And after doing WoTLK again its fine but its a bit of a mess raid tier wise, limited attempts, Arenas were crap in 2's and PVP became a mess by the end due to Armor Pen, dungeons were as straight forward as they come, You were pigeon holed in professions/glyphs/spec's. I could see TWW being better then it by the end. Really the only thing WoTLK has going for it was the location, nostolgia and Arthas. I stress I do NOT care about the story after Legion finished, the presence of a black one armed woman I barely even noticed doesn't even blimp on my radar, I look for content / variety / choices / etc.

• 2WTF