World of Warcraft: Current Year

Juvarisx

Florida
In a world where 30 feet tall monsters can smack you in the face and you get instantly healed, in a world where spells to rez you or cure any diseases or poison or whatever the fuck exist, i present to you: One of the most powerful mages in the lore ......in a wheelchair.

I hope to Rallos it's all a ploy to fucking sell the wheelchair in the store as a mount. May be just MAY BE some of you would realize it's time to stop throwing money to these talentless hacks.

Oh its real again apparently now. Or is it not. Anduin saves him with the "Light" and the scene ends, its just a blur again on who is really dead or fake dead or can come back from the dead. It doesnt really matter, I knew he wouldnt actually be dead I was hoping he would become some cool Void Mage Raid boss.

Lemme go look in Dorn.

edit. Oh god lol, it floats too so why does it have wheels put a rocket booster on that shit.

1725484017312.png

Last edited:
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
They make fun of it in the conversation they have between them if you listen in. Seems it was magick'd up by some archimage that Khadgar is sweet on.

If this is true and it's just kinda a joke and not DEI crap than it's fine imo. I'm hoping Microsoft is paying attention to Concord's massive $200m+ failure though, no one wants that shit and it's been made extremely clear.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Oh its real again apparently now. Or is it not. Anduin saves him with the "Light" and the scene ends, its just a blur again on who is really dead or fake dead or can come back from the dead. It doesnt really matter, I knew he wouldnt actually be dead I was hoping he would become some cool Void Mage Raid boss.

Lemme go look in Dorn.

edit. Oh god lol, it floats too so why does it have wheels put a rocket booster on that shit.

View attachment 544448
Knowing how easily people are triggered by it, I dont doubt for a second someone was like "He's gotta heal up, right? Lets put him in a wheel chair and let all the neck beards rage!" He looks ridiculous sitting in it anyways. Showing just how much effort they actually put into making it anything more than a "fuck you" to certain people.

Its even more so a sign that they still hate the player base, which is the sad part.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
The new judgement is not as good. They replaced all the purity seals. Now it just looks gold.

• 1Like

Penance

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This expansion feels more like wow then anything since Legion.

Still skeptical but it's not horrible so far.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
We are still in the 'honeymoon' phase before the first season begins. The true measure will come with mythic/raiding and how much toxicity that creates.

I still think they need to do something about the standard operating procedure for dungeons being 'pull everything and AE while sprinting'.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
We are still in the 'honeymoon' phase before the first season begins. The true measure will come with mythic/raiding and how much toxicity that creates.

I still think they need to do something about the standard operating procedure for dungeons being 'pull everything and AE while sprinting'.
There's too wide a range in player skill, gear and specs I think.

I had zero heroic issues as a tank because I can mitigate and self heal on a strong spec. I just had people pissed I didn't know dungeon layout a day after the main launch.

I did one heroic as a healer yesterday and it was miserable. I don't know if it was tank skill or spec, or my healing gear or spec, but we were always close to death.

I figure Discipline Priest needs good gear so I'll be switching to Holy now.

• 1Worf

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Mythic plus and raiding are cesspools now. Typically bunch of idiots chasing specs/stats "the pros" use and failing along the way.

It's also the fact that heroic raiding is as hard as mythic was in the past because they have tuned heroic to be difficult for top guilds and mythic is for poop sockers r2wf bullshit only with class stacking. Normal however is often boring and unrewarding.

M+ is an innately toxic gameplay loop. Timed but incentivizes pushing difficulty, extremely punishing failure, and toxic addon and meta focus. It's really the trashiest player unfriendly gameplay in WoW history, but muh MDI espooorts so here we are.

• 1Like

Daidraco

We knew about the armor, but the raids, optional bosses, events, the Ascended stuff, etc. Its all fantastic. Except for the Evoker squad shit, thats still super fkn gay. Im a bit annoyed that the anniversary stuff is being treated as a milestone 0.5 patch. But I'm hoping they'll do more stuff thats relevant to War Within along with it - even though it is a lot from the anniversary.

At this point though, I'm really looking for them to do a Road Map. It's interesting to me that everyone that started playing the expansion is still playing the expansion. So I agree that this is probably the most "WoW" an expansion has been in a while. Half the people I started Shadowlands with were gone after the first week, and people that bought late out of word of mouth, they didnt last past a week either.

There's too wide a range in player skill, gear and specs I think.

I had zero heroic issues as a tank because I can mitigate and self heal on a strong spec. I just had people pissed I didn't know dungeon layout a day after the main launch.

I did one heroic as a healer yesterday and it was miserable. I don't know if it was tank skill or spec, or my healing gear or spec, but we were always close to death.

I figure Discipline Priest needs good gear so I'll be switching to Holy now.
Whatever they did to scale back the amount of versions for Mythic+ has ruined everything before that difficulty. But I wont at all be surprised that its still roughly the same gameplay. I have this feeling that the "dungeon crawl" experience is being done away with in favor of this high mobility, action oriented type of dungeon. Where Delves have been created to supplant that dungeon crawl experience and the two are now separated.

I dont think we'll see it in this this expansion, and probably not the next either. But I think Delves are one of the many iterations that they'll take while Mythic+ continues to decline in popularity, up until we finally see a different "mode" added to dungeons that makes Dungeons come full circle into the original Burning Crusade experience.

It's also the fact that heroic raiding is as hard as mythic was in the past because they have tuned heroic to be difficult for top guilds and mythic is for poop sockers r2wf bullshit only with class stacking. Normal however is often boring and unrewarding.

M+ is an innately toxic gameplay loop. Timed but incentivizes pushing difficulty, extremely punishing failure, and toxic addon and meta focus. It's really the trashiest player unfriendly gameplay in WoW history, but muh MDI espooorts so here we are.
I'm not a fan of Raider.io shit and all the shit that comes with that whole atmosphere. When you're neck deep in that shit, it works fine and as it should. But God forbid you come in late and no one you know is playing the game with you. With that, I've been reaching out to people that are playing trying to set up a group of people to run them with. Palum Palum , Chris Chris , welcome to join us and actually encourage you to.

Last edited:

Palum

what Suineg set it to

We knew about the armor, but the raids, optional bosses, events, the Ascended stuff, etc. Its all fantastic. Except for the Evoker squad shit, thats still super fkn gay. Im a bit annoyed that the anniversary stuff is being treated as a milestone 0.5 patch. But I'm hoping they'll do more stuff thats relevant to War Within along with it - even though it is a lot from the anniversary.

At this point though, I'm really looking for them to do a Road Map. It's interesting to me that everyone that started playing the expansion is still playing the expansion. So I agree that this is probably the most "WoW" an expansion has been in a while. Half the people I started Shadowlands with were gone after the first week, and people that bought late out of word of mouth, they didnt last past a week either. So I

Whatever they did to scale back the amount of versions for Mythic+ has ruined everything before that difficulty. But I wont at all be surprised that its still roughly the same gameplay. I have this feeling that the "dungeon crawl" experience is being done away with in favor of this high mobility, action oriented type of dungeon. Where Delves have been created to supplant that dungeon crawl experience and the two are now separated.

I dont think we'll see it in this this expansion, and probably not the next either. But I think Delves are one of the many iterations that they'll take while Mythic+ continues to decline in popularity, up until we finally see a different "mode" added to dungeons that makes Dungeons come full circle into the original Burning Crusade experience.

I'm not a fan of Raider.io shit and all the shit that comes with that whole atmosphere. When you're neck deep in that shit, it works fine and as it should. But God forbid you come in late and no one you know is playing the game with you. With that, I've been reaching out to people that are playing trying to set up a group of people to run them with. Palum Palum , Chris Chris , welcome to join us and actually encourage you to.

Are you guys shitty though?

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Bro complains about the "scene" being toxic and then rebuttals with that. Tf?

I'm a scrub Palum Palum - but Ive got a mount or two from it. :emoji_ok_hand:
What, you can't hate shitty people and tryhards? They both make the game miserable just for different reasons.

Juvarisx

Florida
Best thing this expansion is you can skip M+ if you are good at delves. Bountiful ones at T8 will give 603 gear upgradeable to 618 and the vault will give a 616 ->625 piece a week. Outside of mythic raiding or a M10+ vault thats as good as she gets, granted you are limited to coffer keys instead of endless Keystone runs.

Last time i seriously played in Shadowlands i did the M+ achievement for the mount so that's +15 in all of em. It wasn't too bad but the toxicity could be off the hook, I look forward to just doing M5-10 keys this time around.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Bro complains about the "scene" being toxic and then rebuttals with that. Tf?

I'm a scrub Palum Palum - but Ive got a mount or two from it. :emoji_ok_hand:
I never got into M+ ever, because I am shitty at the additional mechanics and stuff they add in. This anniversary looks pretty neat.

• 1Like

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Best thing this expansion is you can skip M+ if you are good at delves. Bountiful ones at T8 will give 603 gear upgradeable to 618 and the vault will give a 616 ->625 piece a week. Outside of mythic raiding or a M10+ vault thats as good as she gets, granted you are limited to coffer keys instead of endless Keystone runs.

Last time i seriously played in Shadowlands i did the M+ achievement for the mount so that's +15 in all of em. It wasn't too bad but the toxicity could be off the hook, I look forward to just doing M5-10 keys this time around.
Yea the 4 keys a week thing worries me. Also technically you can get more through fragments on certain dailies but so far they've been rare.

It does seem like due to no time limit the meta next week might just be tank spec and clear as high as possible.

Juvarisx

Florida
Yea the 4 keys a week thing worries me. Also technically you can get more through fragments on certain dailies but so far they've been rare.

It does seem like due to no time limit the meta next week might just be tank spec and clear as high as possible.

When you use a key you get worldsoul orb (atleast I did, I am unsure if if its 100% drop but you can use 5 souls at once so I am guessing yes) that you can use to get more key frags. I did one last week to try it out and got enough frags to make an additional key off of one Soul, so if you are good at the "mini-game" you should be able to sustain pretty well. Its prob a thing where doing it in a group of 5 will be the most efficient way to farm soul key frags.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Daidraco

I never got into M+ ever, because I am shitty at the additional mechanics and stuff they add in. This anniversary looks pretty neat.
Most of the bullshit affixes have been outright removed, but we'll have to see how the Zalatath (ying yang) affixes play out. I think the biggest learning curve just comes from knowing which NPC's to make your primary target for cleave/aoe abilities, and what to interrupt. Being in voice chat with people learning at the same time as you helps a whole hell of a lot more than some douche bag raging over a missed interrupt and claiming the key is ruined within the first 30 seconds of the run. Or, you can just get your doctorate in the fucking dungeons like I did in Shadowlands. I read and tried to remember everything possible in those and it was largely useless knowledge.

City of Threads and Dawn Breaker are in the rotation, so Im sure those will be a throw away keys at first. But we dont have to worry about keys till the 17th iirc.

Which is fine in the grand scheme. Will be a punch in the dick for the pieces Ive upgraded, but at least then we have something to do during the week. Will also give us a taste of the abilities I was talking about above, unless Mythic Zero is also just a straight up pushover (since a lot of us are in the 580's already.) I saw the 600+ crafted pieces last night, and thats cool. But doesnt look like you can upgrade them? Unless you have to have a crafter upgrade them, I dont know about all that stuff yet.

When you use a key you get worldsoul orb that you can use to get more key frags. I did one last week to try it out and got enough frags to make an additional key off of one Soul, so if you are good at the "mini-game" you should be able to sustain pretty well. Its prob a thing where doing it in a group of 5 will be the most efficient way to farm soul key frags.
Group of 5, spending 5 orbs a piece pet visit - if Im remembering the correct cost to get the best pay out. I ended this week with 4 orbs, and Im stock piling keys as well. Tier 3 Delves are already face roll, but being in the 580's makes it even more of a waste of time. I hope Im planning this out right, anyways.

Burns

When did they change it back to M10 dungeons giving the highest gear level (down from M15); this xpac, or sometime during DF?

That makes PuGing them more manageable to get max geared. If you're starting out at the beginning of the season, there should be a lot of learning going on, and people are usually more forgiving. You will still get assholes, of course, but less of them. Again, for 10s, the tank shouldn't need to do the tarded kite strats that the majority of players also don't want to do either.