World of Warcraft: Current Year

Chris

Potato del Grande
Did the flying earthen thing and got 70 in a few hours.

Bought lv70 gear off AH but it's delivered as lv80, so it's a pain to get gear.

Then at lv71 Chromie teleports you against your will to the Shadowlands quest.

I decided to try Mink, but the class design is so incoherent it seems like cooldowm mashing. I guess I'm keeping up hots and doing DPS in the Jade AoE?

Heal monk feels really weak compared to Discipline Priest but I don't have any rings or gloves equipped yet lol.

Burns

Bought lv70 gear off AH but it's delivered as lv80, so it's a pain to get gear.
Did you open up and scroll through the list of the items on the AH for each one? I vaguely recall that since you can use items to upgrade the ilevel of the base recipe, the generic tab just lists the base model of the item and how many are for sale.

Also, you could always put in work orders with your own mats and see if people will do the combine for skillups or to get the work order daily done (if it's still in game).

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Did you open up and scroll through the list of the items on the AH for each one? I vaguely recall that since you can use items to upgrade the ilevel of the base recipe, the generic tab just lists the base model of the item and how many are for sale.

Also, you could always put in work orders with your own mats and see if people will do the combine for skillups or to get the work order daily done (if it's still in game).
The gear when you're searching for it is ultra lame. You can put into the filter "70-70" and it will show you gear that you can equip, you click on it to go further and everything inside of the link is 80. Its awful as fuck searching for gear on the AH when you arent 80 because the base recipe can show up at level 70. Its dumb.

I also healed dungeons from roughly 30 to 80 the last few days. When you first get 70, your gear is like in the 200's, maybe low 300's. Level 70 seemed fine, and then I hit level 71 and the slightest pin prick could kill me. My heals were wet noodles but they did ok. I went into Heroics at 80 feeling like my heals were weak, again... and Im slowly starting to crawl out of that. From 70-76, its about 2 dungeons per level. 77 took 3 dungeons, and 78 and 79 took 4+ish dungeons each. So its not bad to level through dungeons, but man is it awful doing it playing any non-dps role.

Burns Burns , we're gonna do Mythic+ on Tuesday and I think we're putting together a small man raid on Wednesday if you're interested.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande

It says 70 when you search but then when you buy they are literally all 80. I caught the issue gearing my first alt, but forgot for the second one.

Profession stuff is 71 and I don't think there's a full set. Best way is to struggle killing rare spawns that drop gear, but it's janky.

I also healed dungeons from roughly 30 to 80 the last few days. When you first get 70, your gear is like in the 200's, maybe low 300's. Level 70 seemed fine, and then I hit level 71 and the slightest pin prick could kill me. My heals were wet noodles but they did ok. I went into Heroics at 80 feeling like my heals were weak, again... and Im slowly starting to crawl out of that. From 70-76, its about 2 dungeons per level. 77 took 3 dungeons, and 78 and 79 took 4+ish dungeons each. So its not bad to level through dungeons, but man is it awful doing it playing any non-dps role.
This is where I'm at. I have no idea if it's worth gearing up a healer or what spec I'd like because they feel really weak at endgame and everything is faceroll before it. The scaling is fucked up, it was never like this before scaling.

For an established player you can muddle through these issues, but they cannot be retaining new players like this.

• 1Like

Daidraco

It says 70 when you search but then when you buy they are literally all 80. I caught the issue gearing my first alt, but forgot for the second one.

Profession stuff is 71 and I don't think there's a full set. Best way is to struggle killing rare spawns that drop gear, but it's janky.

This is where I'm at. I have no idea if it's worth gearing up a healer or what spec I'd like because they feel really weak at endgame and everything is faceroll before it. The scaling is fucked up, it was never like this before scaling.

For an established player you can muddle through these issues, but they cannot be retaining new players like this.
The difference in groups is noticeable. People that know what theyre doing is one thing, and people doing at least, average, dps, are a night and day difference from some PUG's. Just awful getting a Heroic group where ALL the DPS is doing less than 100k DPS. Meanwhile Im sitting there thinking about my Lock and how I crack 2 million HP on the same pulls. Just brain dead people doing them at this point, I guess. Cause it makes no fucking sense. (Basically what Im saying is, healing is rough is shit when shit isnt dying as quick as it should. Doubly so if the tank is a fucking sperg and pulls the whole god damn world expecting DPS to be on their A-Game. )

• 1Like

Burns

Burns Burns , we're gonna do Mythic+ on Tuesday and I think we're putting together a small man raid on Wednesday if you're interested.
I'm not actually playing this xpac, for various reasons, but thanks though.

If tokens get below 150k I'm probably going to buy a month to top off my bliz bucks and might do one or all of the following: buy the xpac, the D4 xpac, and max out the 10 tokens per month.

Chris

Potato del Grande
The difference in groups is noticeable. People that know what theyre doing is one thing, and people doing at least, average, dps, are a night and day difference from some PUG's. Just awful getting a Heroic group where ALL the DPS is doing less than 100k DPS. Meanwhile Im sitting there thinking about my Lock and how I crack 2 million HP on the same pulls. Just brain dead people doing them at this point, I guess. Cause it makes no fucking sense. (Basically what Im saying is, healing is rough is shit when shit isnt dying as quick as it should. Doubly so if the tank is a fucking sperg and pulls the whole god damn world expecting DPS to be on their A-Game. )
Yeah like I was farming Cinderbrew and pulling half of each room/corridor at a time.

Some groups the mobs die in seconds, others it's a minute. Sometimes I'm full health the entire time, sometimes I drop low and need to use my defensive cooldown, sometimes the whole group is low HP even though I have full threat. Sometimes people let me pull, sometimes a DPS pulls more or goes nuclear DPS during the pull scattering the mobs. Sometimes they blame me for not pulling enough, sometimes too much.

It's full schizo and I have no idea what will happen in Mythics.

I can solo small groups and most bosses, so I have some faith in my skill/spec, but I haven't actually learned the dungeons I'm farming because of this variability so some asshole is going to flame me in Mythics this week for not being psychic.

The people who knew what they were doing with game design and difficulty curves must have left, because this is worse designed than classic 20 years ago.

It's frustrating that I play two MMOs and one had a shit open world and excellent dungeons/raids, the other has an excellent open world and shit dungeons/raids.

Last edited:

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Yeah like I was farming Cinderbrew and pulling half of each room/corridor at a time.

Some groups the mobs die in seconds, others it's a minute. Sometimes I'm full health the entire time, sometimes I drop low and need to use my defensive cooldown, sometimes the while group is low even though I have full threat. Sometimes people let me pull, sometimes a DPS pulls more or goes nuclear DPS during the pull scattering the mobs. Sometimes they blame me for not pulling enough, sometimes too much.

It's full schizo and I have no idea what will happen in Mythics.

I can solo small groups and most bosses, so I have some faith in my skill/spec, but I haven't actually learned the dungeons I'm farming because of this variability so some asshole is going to flame me in Mythics this week for not being psychic.

The people who knew what they were doing with game design and difficulty curves must have left, because this is worse designed than classic 20 years ago.

It's frustrating that I play two MMOs and one had a shit open world and excellent dungeons/raids, the other has an excellent open world and shit dungeons/raids.

Yeah sitting now at 583 ilevel with a 606 in my mainhand I can't get a real picture of M+ performance even for myself due to the speed at which Heroics are being cleared. Pack sizes and logistics are all over the place, no rhyme or reason to where setup is being done at with PUGs. So can't even practice a hard go on a big pack because there is no telling what the tank is doing. When I get a tank that just pulls 3 mobs at a time I just sit on my mount and let them instant kill it. It's not even worth dpsing. If I dismount and click 2 buttons the shit is already dead.

Even the bosses don't allow me to get halfway through a full rotation. I'm pretty much over this whole instant-kill shit and ready for a more normal experience. It's been frustrating to not really get into a full rotation as a caster.

• 1Solidarity

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Just a heads up, apparently its being reported that if you are doing delves for loot in season 1 you need to actually get up to tier 8 in NON-empowered delves first, because if you don't use a key the empower status still goes away.

I'm not sure if I believe this, maybe this is something that resets daily or more than weekly since you can get more than the 4 keys/week through normal content? Though on the other hand, it would make some sense due to the fact that you could stockpile keys leading into the season. Perhaps there's something to do with above a certain tier, or just timegating for initial weeks until mythic open.

Either way, planning on unlocking them in the non-empowered ones first on the off chance this is true.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Its a shame that every dungeon is just run-and-AE. You really miss out on a lot of the work that went into them as you just sprint through the damn things spamming AE abilities. I literally had no idea how the Darkness mechanic worked the first several times I ran that dungeon because everyone was running through it so fast spazzing.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Daidraco

Just a heads up, apparently its being reported that if you are doing delves for loot in season 1 you need to actually get up to tier 8 in NON-empowered delves first, because if you don't use a key the empower status still goes away.

I'm not sure if I believe this, maybe this is something that resets daily or more than weekly since you can get more than the 4 keys/week through normal content? Though on the other hand, it would make some sense due to the fact that you could stockpile keys leading into the season. Perhaps there's something to do with above a certain tier, or just timegating for initial weeks until mythic open.

Either way, planning on unlocking them in the non-empowered ones first on the off chance this is true.
Well, yea.. Im not saying that that is obvious to everybody. But most people will probably put 2 and 2 together and do the easiest version of the easiest delve all the way up to 8 and then do the empowered version with their keys. I had never grouped with anyone in a Delve, but Juva and I was unsure if you could do cross faction in a Delve. Of course it worked, and since we were there - we went ahead and cleared it. We did the entire delve as a duo in 5, maybe 10 minutes. Two DPS with.. I think we had two brans? Either way, One bran healing was more than enough to blast through the level 3. Since we're all in our 580's - I dont have a feeling any of us will encounter any difficulty getting to 8 and doing them. But it'll be a hell of a lot quicker if you guys duo them at the least.

Its a shame that every dungeon is just run-and-AE. You really miss out on a lot of the work that went into them as you just sprint through the damn things spamming AE abilities. I literally had no idea how the Darkness mechanic worked the first several times I ran that dungeon because everyone was running through it so fast spazzing.
Keep running them, or run them in a different role and you'll see them at their worst. When I run a dungeon on my warlock, if you look at Details .. it looks like Im the only one doing DPS in some groups. Just one big long bar and the little slivers are everyone else. You still dont get too see any real mechanics like that. Add in one or two other DPS that know how to rock and then we're fighting to complete our rotation. Which makes that problem even worse.

But playing a Healer? Where that shit is out of your control? I've been able to see all the mechanics. Some of which are solely there to completely fuck the healer like that Darkness one. You can waste mana all you want in the darkness, but nothing is receiving any heals while you're in the dark. Or at least thats the way it comes off - I have yet to read about it because if I just stay with the cart, it doesnt effect me. Or Stone Vault - where if the DPS dont react to the fucking totem quick enough, you're not bouncing back once with a big AOE taking 1/3 of peoples health, but you're bounced back twice, with the group taking 2/3 of their hp as damage. Meanwhile the tank still has the whole pack beating his ass. Or Dawn Breaker - Where if the tank is confident in the group, you'll go straight for the boss instead of fucking with the lieutenants. Best fucking hope and believe in your healer because I use every single CD and Im right at the tail end of going OOM or I do run out one. Or Ara, where if interrupts are shit or dying too slow- you'll constantly be feared. Or the big VOID monsters in EVERY instance, where the tank will sperg pull them all in a big train. But if no one interrupts them - they'll just start AOE spamming everyone for huge chunks of damage making a healer blow a CD. You can really notice this bullshit in the Dwarf instance down at the last Boss. Or the Parish, where the entire fucking ground - no matter what your graphic settings are at - is fucking consecration and you cant fucking leave the room cause thats where the boss spawns too. Or the little fuckers that charge in Cinder Brewery that give no graphical direction they are charging like the Dwarfs do in Stone Vault. Easy to dodge them, but then they hit the fucking wall and that AOE's everyone in the group. Tank pulls half a dozen of these fucks and Im blowing every single CD trying to keep people up.

I mean, I can keep going. Im just saying, you learn what the fuck is the issue real quick with all these dungeons doing PUG's as a Healer. The tanks I generally have a problem with? Fucking Protection Paladins. They are fucking SQUISHY as fuck. So Ive reconsidered using my boost on one until I see how that buff works out. Monks are about as squishy, but at least they have the mobility to get the fuck away for a breather. The rest of the tanks? They can take a beating and just when you think theyre going to keel over, they're full health. So I dont know what the fuck is up with Monk or Paladin in all honesty. Monk is supposed to be a great tank right now, too. But I havent had a single Monk tank that doesnt get his shit pushed in, right now. Maybe Mythic gear will change that - but if it changes them that much, well fuck.. give me a Demon Hunter, DK or a Warrior with proper gear instead. Druids just seem to be kind of average, and SLOW AS FUCK. Im constantly using my speed buffs and refreshes to speed their fat fucking ass up.

As far as the bosses go? The Darkness is the ONLY boss that is a pain in the ass with mechanics. If the DPS sucks, you'll find yourself running for candles Non-stop because the bosses main mechanic is to just blow out the fucking candle. But there are some end bosses where the longer the fight goes, the more they'll like.. do a soft enrage? Where the ground shit they spew will get worse and worse. But really, like Mythic's have been since Legion - the bosses themselves arent really the challenge. Its the trash like its always been.

TL;DR - Make your own steady group of people to do shit with. Its easy enough to PUG shit right now. But it is a night and day difference in getting the same people to do shit with you, rather than counting on some random. They may not even be as "good" as you need them to be, but at least you know their patterns and what to expect. Which is often more valuable than the beast mode random tank that pulls the entire fucking world, but has no clue the DPS sucks.

Also - I've found a fucking shit ton of Tradeskill shit in each of these dungeons. From Cooking, to Tailoring, to Engineering, etc. They took the shit from Court of Stars in Legion and put that shit in every single dungeon. Now if the group actually had the tradeskills to do them...

• 1Like

Juvarisx

Florida

Just have to do it once to unlock tier 8, and when you complete a bountiful delve it becomes a non bountiful regardless if you user a key. Looks like 1 delve per zone is bountiful at reset. Past this upcoming week its a non issue for the rest of the expansion.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Just have to do it once to unlock tier 8, and when you complete a bountiful delve it becomes a non bountiful regardless if you user a key. Looks like 1 delve per zone is bountiful at reset. Past this upcoming week its a non issue for the rest of the expansion.
How so I get more than 4 keys per week (on average)?

Juvarisx

Florida
How so I get more than 4 keys per week (on average)?

World Soul Memories. YOu get them from bountiful delves and using them in a 5 man group to get coffer shards from them should net you a pile of keys. If Waterworks or Tak Rathan are not bountiful tomorrow just run them up to tier 8 to unlock and run the bountiful in a 5 man group if poss then do the world souls after.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
speaking of DPS an assassin rogue level 70 in last expansion raid gear was pulling 30+million DPS… how?

Daidraco

speaking of DPS an assassin rogue level 70 in last expansion raid gear was pulling 30+million DPS… how?
Scaling. As the levels progress, he will sharply drop off a cliff. Its dumb, just as dumb as the scaling a person gets coming into the 70's undergeared. They have no idea how to scale all levels and it shows.

• 1Solidarity

Palum

what Suineg set it to
World Soul Memories. YOu get them from bountiful delves and using them in a 5 man group to get coffer shards from them should net you a pile of keys. If Waterworks or Tak Rathan are not bountiful tomorrow just run them up to tier 8 to unlock and run the bountiful in a 5 man group if poss then do the world souls after.

You're not understanding what I'm saying.

If you can only do 4 per week. But you get 5+ keys per week. How do you do ever trade the extra keys for loot?

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Scaling. As the levels progress, he will sharply drop off a cliff. Its dumb, just as dumb as the scaling a person gets coming into the 70's undergeared. They have no idea how to scale all levels and it shows.
Makes sense. Almost rolled a rogue after that, shit looked wild.