World of Warcraft: Current Year

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Muahahahaha! Did first LFR last night. Complete and utter shit show like all new LFRs are. Got the bow *and* lw recipe off the final boss.

Did the weekly delve quest for 2 bug delves. So I did a rank 2 and rank 3 (bountiful). Bag from that quest gave me 17k gold.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Apparently delves can drop maps that give you bonus loot one tier higher.

There's a three per week limit, so if you level to 4 to 7 on your main you could get one early and get a lower tier reward.

So the optimal route is to unlock T8 on an alt.
The one map I got (at tier 5) was only for the same tier, and their drop rates seem pretty low in general, so unless you have a very well geared alt, I'm not sure its worth the extra annoyance going through the progression on the alt. /shrug

Chris

Potato del Grande
The one map I got (at tier 5) was only for the same tier, and their drop rates seem pretty low in general, so unless you have a very well geared alt, I'm not sure its worth the extra annoyance going through the progression on the alt. /shrug
Yeah so from what redditors and their spreadsheets are telling me:

The T5 map from a T5 delve opens a chest that drops gear on one upgrade track higher than a T5 delve normally gives - so lv600 (Champion 2) instead of lv584 (Veteran 1) for bountiful delves.

At T8 the T8 map drops lv616 (Hero 3) instead of lv603 (Champion 3). This is the same as the vault drop for clearing T8.

Hope that's correct!

So you can only get 2 more maps this week. However like you and others say, they are rare and the T7 delves could be hard on alts so may not be worth the effort.

I'll give it a go but my alt Shadowpriest probably won't clear as well as my main Vengeance Demon Hunter.

Chris

Potato del Grande
T8 maps are 610 only
Hero 1? Close enough it's still the same higher upgrade track.

Doing my best, having to cross reference multiple spreadsheets that are apparently too big to post here.

• 1Galaxy Brain
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Juvarisx

Florida
Well m0 Grim Batol is a pain in the butt. Diad carried my ass through it but its really NOT going to fun on Tyrannical

• 1Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I got my first map today with Juva in a Delve 8. Was hoping it would share the reward, but it doesnt. Got a 610 1/6 Shield in that chest.

Daidraco

Delve Tiers are shared through your warband. If you clear an 11 on one, you can walk into an 11 on your fresh lvl 80.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Well m0 Grim Batol is a pain in the butt. Diad carried my ass through it but its really NOT going to fun on Tyrannical
Decided to do Grim Batol as my first M0 of the expansion, haven't done it in 14 years.

So we have gone from wall to wall pulls and mostly indistinguishable bosses, to one pack at a time and bosses with one shot mechanics.

The difficulty curve is a cliff. That last boss in Grim Batol is just ridiculous, took 10 tries. I enjoyed it and the group was up for it, but we all upped our game during that one fight when we could have been getting better over the last two weeks.

Delves are similar. T3 when levelling then T8 with too much HP now. Why we skipping over T4-T7? Could have been doing this last week. Almost soloed a T8 but the boss had just a little too much DPS so switched to groups.

Confused why Bountiful Delves drop better gear than M0, M0 was way harder.

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The difficulty curve is a cliff. That last boss in Grim Batol is just ridiculous, took 10 tries. I enjoyed it and the group was up for it, but we all upped our game during that one fight when we could have been getting better over the last two weeks.

The community is all over it. Grim Batol will likely be getting tuned during the season along with a bunch of other things.

Stack melee or ret paladin on that last boss is the current strat. Ranged is just a liability and waste of slot. Can a ranged survive the fight? Sure, but not with any real rotation. Ret is guaranteed 100% uptime on target throughout that fight and aoe while moving. We stacked 2 ret (on my order after the leader asked if ranged dps replacement or melee) after dropping an assassin rogue from the group and obliterated it. Wasn't 10 attempts, but pretty close.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Did through T7 delves and man the 7 was rough as Arcane. The DPS wasn't an issue but staying alive was. Fuck those fish necro trash that nukes for 1.5M. Had to use poly to make sure I fought them by themselves and counter spell all that shit.

Daidraco

Did through T7 delves and man the 7 was rough as Arcane. The DPS wasn't an issue but staying alive was. Fuck those fish necro trash that nukes for 1.5M. Had to use poly to make sure I fought them by themselves and counter spell all that shit.
You havent even gotten into the new mobs that T8 brings. Why they give you those little shitty packs of mobs up to 7, and then slap you across the face with a big cunt of a giant dude - tf if I know.

The community is all over it. Grim Batol will likely be getting tuned during the season along with a bunch of other things.

Stack melee or ret paladin on that last boss is the current strat. Ranged is just a liability and waste of slot. Can a ranged survive the fight? Sure, but not with any real rotation. Ret is guaranteed 100% uptime on target throughout that fight and aoe while moving. We stacked 2 ret (on my order after the leader asked if ranged dps replacement or melee) after dropping an assassin rogue from the group and obliterated it. Wasn't 10 attempts, but pretty close.
I get what you're saying, sort of? But the problem is mostly stemming from those fucking tentacles popping up in 50 million different places. You cant just follow the bosses path, either. So I guess I just dont understand your logic in that approach. If anything, I zoom all the way out with the max camera distance mod and place myself at the eye of the hurricane as I'm doing my rotation. I think the last boss there is hard, but its not impossible and definitely not something I would sub someone out for unless they for real just have garbage DPS. I want to do Ara a few more times before I feel as confident about it as I do with Grim Batol now. I've ran GB 4 times, 2 per character. The Healer is a night and day difference just between a competent group and one thats not. The other as a Lock DPS and its all brain dead easy as a DPS.

My Shaman is up to 595 already, had a 603 tank in my group earlier. The people pushing the envelope for this shit are butting right up against the wall and at this point, we're just cherry picking gear.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
You havent even gotten into the new mobs that T8 brings. Why they give you those little shitty packs of mobs up to 7, and then slap you across the face with a big cunt of a giant dude - tf if I know.

I get what you're saying, sort of? But the problem is mostly stemming from those fucking tentacles popping up in 50 million different places. You cant just follow the bosses path, either. So I guess I just dont understand your logic in that approach. If anything, I zoom all the way out with the max camera distance mod and place myself at the eye of the hurricane as I'm doing my rotation. I think the last boss there is hard, but its not impossible and definitely not something I would sub someone out for unless they for real just have garbage DPS. I want to do Ara a few more times before I feel as confident about it as I do with Grim Batol now. I've ran GB 4 times, 2 per character. The Healer is a night and day difference just between a competent group and one thats not. The other as a Lock DPS and its all brain dead easy as a DPS.

My Shaman is up to 595 already, had a 603 tank in my group earlier. The people pushing the envelope for this shit are butting right up against the wall and at this point, we're just cherry picking gear.

No class besides maybe FDK has as much time up on full rotation with 0 skill as ret.

When learning mechanics or early in a season, ret is favored for its overtuned damage and 0 skill to play to maintain maximum output. I played ret in beta and was shocked at how mindless and stupid its rotation is to maintain 1.1 mil dps minium per pack. This assassin Rogue couldn't hold more than 400k dps. Two ret held close to a million.

Replace dead dps with ret is the quick fix.

There's no such thing as a mediocre ret paladin. They're the overtuned early game fix for idiots.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I did T8 bountiful delves in a PUG and it was soooo much easier than doing T7 solo. Got some nice 606 gear out of the enterprise so it was time well spent for certain.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Yea groups are so much easier it's kind of dumb though. I'm not sure how much they can do realistically though because the power curve of actually having all 3 roles is way way higher than just +extra DPS.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Just got my bur to 80. Thought I was doing something wrong, because I couldn't even try to do tier 4 delves. Turns out 4+ are only available in bountiful. Does Ringo get xp past 15 in in 4+ too? Cause that asshole has been slacking.

Daidraco

Just got my bur to 80. Thought I was doing something wrong, because I couldn't even try to do tier 4 delves. Turns out 4+ are only available in bountiful. Does Ringo get xp past 15 in in 4+ too? Cause that asshole has been slacking.
Just grab someone, like me, or anyone online and do them as a duo. Brand is lvl 24 with purple curio's, in DPS stance, and just looks at mobs and they die. He is tuned for the gram/pa and other casuals/loners to run delves with. Xainii's Brand is lvl 28 in the same way. Im guessing as soon as he gets into his 20's, he goes super nova.

Chris

Potato del Grande
That's not how it works. I did 1-7 outside of bountiful delves, as are most people.

You unlock T4 by completing any T3.