World of Warcraft: Current Year

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Honestly, I knew "something" was going to happen eventually. Heroics are at 571, and Mythic is 593. But where did 90% of my 603, and my 610 gear come from? Delves. (599 on Shaman, 598 on Warlock). Delves, shit man.. I'd wipe them out on both characters, all four back to back, because they are quick, and simple. But that reward structure doesnt fucking match. I spend an hour and a half on delves for the week, and have better gear than what I would ever get out of a Mythic dungeon. NEVER MIND THE VAULT - where Im getting 3 choices of a 616 out of the vault for Delves, but for Mythics? A choice of 3 fucking 606's. I know that when Mythic+ opens up, this will be a non-conversation. But RIGHT NOW - this is all the content available, and it makes no fucking sense.

But the scaling? This shit is awful and a lot of the Delves arent setup for different classes in the least like Wombat said. To do an 8 by myself as a Warlock would be a snooze fest. "Oh no. They nuked my pet to death. Let me insta-cast a new pet and use a health stone to restore 90% of my HP every use. Oh no. Im out of health stones after that last pet death. Let me summon another 3 while in combat and go back to watching youtube." To do an 8 by myself as my shaman, whether thats elemental, enhancement and obviously as a resto - I just dont think it would be very fun or possible in some cases at the item level range we're all at now. Brann is 30 something now, and he's fantastic DPS by himself and with the right, epic tier, curio's - he's a pretty great healer. But he's not bringing the "tank" role to the instance for classes that need that meat shield like my Shaman.

Looking at those number's, the differences I think.. the NPC nukes are doing 20-25% of HP as the role you are. So a Tank, they're guesstimating that you have 8-11 million HP. So 2.5 million sounds roughly right, and to be quite honest - tanks have multiple interrupts so that shouldnt ever be a problem unless you're diving into an entire group of enemies. Which is obviously not what they want people doing. 1.3 million is about right for your average DPS by comparison for 25%. Which makes more sense when they say "606 is the suggested item level for this Delve" because then, they know that you roughly have that amount of HP.

Something I find amusing about Delves, especially in the higher tiers? ... So Juva and I did a tier 9 Delve yesterday. You know what I wanted in our tool kit that neither of us had in the roles/classes we were playing? A long crowd control ability like Sap or Polymorph. You know what would have really helped us with the empowered groups? (Which to be honest, were the only mobs that were even remotely a struggle) A tank. What would have really helped with all those nukes, traps and more? A multi-talented class like the Rogue. The amusing part? After we left, I realized that the Developers were making the higher tiers into an old Dungeon Crawl experience with the most optimum setup of classes being the same ones that you used to tread through the old Dire Maul, Hellfire Ramparts, etc. when they were current. Let me repeat myself "TO MAKE HIGH END DELVES DIFFICULT WITHOUT A TIMER - THEYRE REUSING TACTICS FROM OLD DUNGEONS" ... its fucking stupid and hilarious at the same time.

Shit happens man. You seem to be defeated, mentally, by a few bad come ups. As far as cool downs - use every tool in your box to compensate, at any time. If thats what you're saying, then by all means.. keep at it. It'll get better. You're concentrating on 593 gear, and the rest of us are over here bitching about Delves getting harder because the rewards are way the fuck better, lol. From what I understand, Bellular has some kind of huge mega guild. Theyre all cross server, cross faction, now - so join his and find a crew.

This was one of my bigger complaints back at the start when I was trying to be a completionist. There are quests particular to a zone, that require you to go back and forth between different zones in order to finish up that last particular quest. Like the quest in Dornogal that held me up was the bullshit one with the Magistrate. Where you help the same guy, in disguise, in the Deep, get away from some Nerubians? Kobolds? One of them. Then you meet the same magistrate, again, as himself - as the Embassador for the Earthen, meeting the Hollowfall people and you help negotiate a trade treaty between them. All because Dwarf from the Stonevault was killing every envoy that was sent to them. Then, you have to go back to Dornogal and do a follow up quest to repeat the story line.

That sounds all well and good - but the pain in the ass part? THERE ARE NO BREAD CRUMBS TO PICK UP EACH QUEST. So you have to take every fucking side quest you see and do that. Then there are quest markers that DONT show up on the map until you fly over them with your mount. THEN, on top of that, there are quests that only show up once a refresh. Like the little Commander and her subordinate in Hollowfall right there at all the Mushroom/fungal people in the bottom right of the zone? She has had a new quest multiple times for me. I was thinking it was a daily at first that wasnt marked because the quest.. is roughly the same shit every fucking time. BUT NO - it eventually leads to some quest that is an achievement by itself that isnt involved in the zone completion achievement. Its like someone told the quest designer to make a quest like this, and this was their first time doing it.

But there is an addon that I eventually got that just tracks every single quest. Theres multiple of that type of addon, so whatever you "fancy" as they all ping the database for quest completion and you can turn on what you have and what you dont have.

Also, I think gearing should be that easy, because it's meaningless. It should be 2 weeks per patch to generally gear up, and then you can spend more micromanaging it and getting BIS/etc.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Delve adjacent question, are the delve completion quests 1 time per toon, or are they a daily/weekly thing? Kind of tired of MSQ after 3 runs, and those quests are really good xp.
Are you talking about the ones that are like on an item by the entrance?

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I think they are at least random but not sure they respawn. I've definitely seen them in delves I've done before that I would have picked them up if they were there before. But I'm not certain I've seen the same one twice.
With the 5 toons I am working on currently it's hard to keep track. I think I have seen the one for that first delve come back, which is why I was hoping this was a quiet weekly thing. Could be once per season, no idea.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
lmao solo content

2nquqr0zqkod1.png

Fucker

Log Wizard
They need to dump the coffer keys. Max of 4 keys per week takes less time than it takes to watch a movie. 4 delves a week is solo content? LOL.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
They need to dump the coffer keys. Max of 4 keys per week takes less time than it takes to watch a movie. 4 delves a week is solo content? LOL.

Well the problem is they've boxed themselves into a corner with the ridiculous ancillary systems. M+, for all its problems, is at least a fairly simple reward system of "30 minutes = 2/5 pieces of gear at a corresponding ilvl". Delves are all over the fucking place with those treasure maps, empowered, keys, etc. on top of rewards literally maxing out at what rank 3 for basic chests?

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I did a full group t6 bountiful earlier. Was a lot slower than yesterday, but no deaths. If they can lower hp/damage on mobs in solo delves then things will sort themselves out pretty quickly. My goal now is to just get t7 done so I can focus on getting zevir done, then I can just faceroll t4 bountifuls on my 80s to get Brann leveled up.

After that I think a full run of all the base delves with quests will be how I start alts up. There's 12 or so you can get, and 4 more you can get after doing msq unlocks. That's a clean 3-4 levels in very short order. Tier 3 drops are nice for leveling too.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
I hope they shift more of the damage to interruptable and avoidable mechanics, that seems like the most balanced way to handle difficulty. Ramping damage up over a boss fight as a dps check is fine too.

Speaking as a solo dps, a pack of 3 mobs should be tough because you have more to dodge, not because their basic melee attacks are chunking your health down in a few seconds. Stuff like waxface is also just overturned, though I saw some speculation that you're supposed to be able to avoid the pulsing damage from Burn Away with the poison pools but it's not working correctly.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I hope they shift more of the damage to interruptable and avoidable mechanics, that seems like the most balanced way to handle difficulty. Ramping damage up over a boss fight as a dps check is fine too.

Speaking as a solo dps, a pack of 3 mobs should be tough because you have more to dodge, not because their basic melee attacks are chunking your health down in a few seconds. Stuff like waxface is also just overturned, though I saw some speculation that you're supposed to be able to avoid the pulsing damage from Burn Away with the poison pools but it's not working correctly.
The frustrating think is they literally already made content that was solo friendly while being hard. Mage tower was full of mechanics that ranged from easy to hard, had some one shots and could be tuned for different classes.

So they clearly retained no staff or knowledge from Legion and once again we have to suffer for their incompetence at having documentation and consistency in employment.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Just did a solo and 3 group delves at T8. No changes as far as I can tell.

Also got two more trinkets including a 610, putting me on 6 trinkets out of 9 bountiful delves.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
As we're now into the "season" finally, it's becoming more clear (as if it wasn't already) that these developers are some of the most retarded in existence. They create reasonably intersting content, and fuck it up six ways from Sunday. M+ is fucking aids, and I genuinely hate it. Raiding is too much of a commitment in both time/scheduling and brain power. I'm not sure what the answwer is to "fix" wow (for someone like me), but I know it won't be discovered by these guys.

Had a pretty fun time taking a handful to 80, putzing around, but already completely bored and uninterested in any of the upcoming content. I'm glad M+ and raiding is compelling to the core user base of this game, and Blizzard is generally quite good at encounter design, but I'm just not the target for it anymore.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
As someone who essentially skipped Dragonflight... why the fuck am I doing Shadowlands / Cata / etc Mythic dungeons and not all of the ones from this expansion? I get the idea to keep things fresh, but doesn't this mean that by the time we get, for example, Rookery Mythic that no one will do a M0?

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
As someone who essentially skipped Dragonflight... why the fuck am I doing Shadowlands / Cata / etc Mythic dungeons and not all of the ones from this expansion? I get the idea to keep things fresh, but doesn't this mean that by the time we get, for example, Rookery Mythic that no one will do a M0?

You get what you deserve

Burns

In DF they made each season have half the new dungeons and half old dungeons, which they supposedly did a once over on. That lasts the whole season. The second season had the other half of the new dungeons, along with different old dungeons. That lasts the whole of the second season. I don't know what they did for season 3 as I quit a month into DF.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Grim Batol, and Mists of Tirna Scithe are pretty good. Siege of Boralus and Necrotic Wake are "meh" but entertaining enough. I personally would rather they pick a single dungeon from whatever expansion they choose (different each season), rather than having two from Shadow Lands in the same season. I get what you mean in that you would think they would want all of the expansions dungeons available for the expansion that they are in. But two fucking years is a long ass time to be doing the same 8 dungeons over and over and over and over. So I guess it really just comes down to if you think the devs are lazy or you can step away from it and see it from the standpoint that theyre trying to keep the seasons interesting for the full two year expansion cycle.

In other news - Inside of Healbot I see the options for debuffs and priority they take in showing up. Default is like 6/7/8/9 for example. If I move the priority for all of them up to 1, does that mean Ill cast my decurse spell will be cast on a person before a heal? Or will I have to bind my decurse to a separate key altogether?