World of Warcraft: Current Year

Fucker

Log Wizard
Delves are just another in the long line of world content half-starts they have done every expansion since MoP. The problem is always that they want everything to be tightly tuned and competitive instead of fun. They also design with a goal of creating repetitive content, which ironically becomes a negative drag on the content because rather than having a vision of designed gameplay, they simply churn out permutations of different ingredients to meet arbitrary requirements. This is the same mechanical template system that gives us the mostly boring dungeons of modern WoW. Hall with trash x4, boss x4, organize in whichever order you want.
Half start compounded by chronic stupidity. They are still fiddling with them on live servers. Not only can they not math, they don't understand that rolling out test directly to live is a fucking bad idea. Holy fuck these people are imbeciles.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
So how does everyone feel about this expansion pack? Is it outright "bad"? Is it actually fun? Are they even moving in a better direction?

I enjoyed Dragonflight, but after 2 months I was done, done.

Fucker

Log Wizard
So how does everyone feel about this expansion pack? Is it outright "bad"? Is it actually fun? Are they even moving in a better direction?

It is alright to play to 80 and do a few delves, and play for a month before unsubbing. Content has no real legs beyond that.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
It is alright to play to 80 and do a few delves, and play for a month before unsubbing. Content has no real legs beyond that.
Unfortunately the core template they've settled on is exceptionally boring and the same as basically every expac since Legion.

How would you guys like a raid tier, 8 or so M+ dungeons and some scenarios or something??

It's only really been content patches that have deviated (explorer zones, mega dungeons, etc.).

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Imagine an expansion without some forced retard gimmick bullshit half baked American Inventor shit from some asshole who thinks they need to leave their mark only to abandon the shitass gimmick the expansion after. Maybe instead they could just design some good dungeons and raids that’s all they ever have to do, it’s all they’ve ever had to do.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Did one of the underwater delves, people drowning, people ressing... this stuff is on the UI. Blaming Blizzard for no air bubbles... so how the fuck was I still alive with air remaining!?

Fuckers are all dead and I'm there slowly DPSing down one mob solo.

So I'm now convinced that all delve complainers have brain injuries unless they are solo and their class isn't well suited.

• 1Worf

Fucker

Log Wizard
Unfortunately the core template they've settled on is exceptionally boring and the same as basically every expac since Legion.

How would you guys like a raid tier, 8 or so M+ dungeons and some scenarios or something??

It's only really been content patches that have deviated (explorer zones, mega dungeons, etc.).
At least in Legion, WQ's refreshed pretty quickly giving something to do with alts. WQ's now take 12 hours to pop, and it is only 1 per 12 hours...dumb. Not only that, but gear from them is already outdated.

I knew delves would get old, but they are a week's worth of content. Not even that since they keep fucking with them every day. Yesterday's balance makes Bran and my pet almost insta kills by final boss. Not very much fun. At first, they had the scaling pools for solo and group reversed. All they had to do was swap them, but they've been fucking them up every day without thinking things through.

They keep tuning the game to sweatlords and streamers and everyone else pretty much gets fucked. First, they destroyed leveling because people with top end raid gear were stomping mobs. Now there's 0 point to playing an alt at all. Now, they nerfed Bran xp and dps and they keep fucking the tuning on delves because sweatlords are already geared up from them and have high level Brans.

The problem has been and always shall be that devs tune the game to what sweatlords do, and no one else....then they wonder why they have fewer players every year.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
The average wow player seems to have the skill level of one of those players on mobile game ads. I haven’t played this game for over 15 years, boosted a class immediately to level 70 that I had no clue what I was doing, and still was able to solo T8s within a few days of them releasing. Only complaint I’ve had is some shitty mechanics like bran swimming to fucking Africa when he gets agro in the water levels, and unavoidable AEs that do too much damage.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
So I'm now convinced that all delve complainers have brain injuries unless they are solo and their class isn't well suited.
Delves are/aren't fucked up depending on your class, ilvl and what level your Bran is. The problem is, devs are tuning delves based upon what people with 600+ ilvl and level 30+ Brans are doing. Going from being able to complete a delve to not being able to complete that same delve with a poorly thought out hotfix is a valid complaint.

• 1Like

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Delves are/aren't fucked up depending on your class, ilvl and what level your Bran is. The problem is, devs are tuning delves based upon what people with 600+ ilvl and level 30+ Brans are doing. Going from being able to complete a delve to not being able to complete that same delve with a poorly thought out hotfix is a valid complaint.
Yea but even if you have those stats they really aren't fun. You can't actually outplay anything, you have to face tank it. Too many DD spells, too many Brann breaking CCs, too many packs you can't split, patrols you can't bypass, environments that don't help you.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Arcane Mage ilevel 595 w/enchants + food buffs + temp enchants etc. Can complete some T8s but still requires a lot of 'luck'

Paladin ilevel 550 no enchants no food buff and I can faceroll the damn thing. Ludicrous.

Brann does good as a DPS and his 'execute' ability is crazy strong against the elite mobs. As a healer, however, he is garbage. So if you are a self-sufficient tank (Paladin, Blood DK, probably Brewmaster and Bear Druid) you can just 'exist' and Brann will kill everything.

If you are a DPS, especially one in cloth, the whole experience is going to be a mess.

Last edited:

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm

In less than a week, we'll be coming up on the early release date a month later. Every single person that is on my friends list that played WOW at release, is still playing. After Diablo 4's release, my friends list is a mile long for reference. If you read between the angry old man comments on this thread, you'll notice that not only are they still playing. But theyre actively playing every day and have at least one character that's around ilvl 600 already. I'd say as long as you make at least a small effort to be social with people, in an MMO, you'll enjoy yourself at least for a little while. I've got my monies worth by a good long shot, though. I also see random ass memes on War Within content all the time now, so the marketing is still pumping.
Imagine an expansion without some forced retard gimmick bullshit half baked American Inventor shit from some asshole who thinks they need to leave their mark only to abandon the shitass gimmick the expansion after. Maybe instead they could just design some good dungeons and raids that’s all they ever have to do, it’s all they’ve ever had to do.
Delves.. arent required content. Bro, BoozeCube BoozeCube , if you want to play.. just play. You're parachuting on the thread making comments to talk shit about Blizzard, which is fine. But they would make more sense if they were actually informed or relevant. We need a tank for Mythic+ anyways.

Delves have probably been the best thing they've added to the game in a while, regardless of the problems they've had. They could be balanced a hell of a lot better, but if you arent an antisocial retard - you can clear them easy in a duo and get 610 gear from the chests at the end, and a 616 from the vault each week. Thats Heroic Raid tier gear on a slow drip - which if you remember, I put an item level requirement on our raid in Legion and only got like three groups worth of people that qualified while Noodle's raid was filled with people that was still wearing greens. Delves may actually keep people playing, even if its just logging in occasionally.
Arcane Mage ilevel 595 w/enchants + food buffs + temp enchants etc. Can complete some T8s but still requires a lot of 'luck'

Paladin ilevel 550 no enchants no food buff and I can faceroll the damn thing. Ludicrous.

Brann does good as a DPS and his 'execute' ability is crazy strong against the elite mobs. As a healer, however, he is garbage. So if you are a self-sufficient tank (Paladin, Blood DK, probably Brewmaster and Bear Druid) you can just 'exist' and Brann will kill everything.

If you are a DPS, especially one in cloth, the whole experience is going to be a mess.
That was just like Torghast though. My Protection Paladin cleared that Challenge Mode version before anyone else in the guild. If you remember, Warriors in their implementation then, were just getting their shit pushed in until they completely redid the powers. Im sure they'll make changes just like that soon enough.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Dunno if it was the maintenance they just did, but quests are all fucked for me, nothing is updating in the log or on the map. Also, not sure why level 51 normal mobs part of a quest are hitting for over 1M, shit looks bugged.

Screenshot 2024-09-15 102249.png

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Raid is a nice suprirse, currently 2/3rds of the way in on Normal with a pug.

Going from being able to complete a delve to not being able to complete that same delve with a poorly thought out hotfix is a valid complaint.
I don't belive that this happened to anyone, other than solo/duo with ill suited classes.

Any group of 3 or above should have no trouble.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Daidraco Daidraco helped me get a t7 done and poked at post-hotfix zekvir with me until we realized that is way fucking overtuned right now. A warrior can solo the fuck out of it, but any group without crazy dps and more interrupts than you can shake a stick at is going to get raped.

Tried doing delves on my evoker, and got bent over by the 2nd one in AK. Decided to make one of my remix locks into 5th toon and am skipping MSQ altogether until all delves have been done. First 2 zones all delve quests are found at the start. So seems that should hold true for them all. Between last run and this one I have done 8/12 of them this way. This run I am also skipping the zone area quests, so just delves and gathering xp and any rares I spot while getting to delves. 5 delves in and I am about 10% into 73. Good chance to see if those quests reset weekly as well.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

There are certain bosses that cloth casters with limited sustain absolutely won't be able to do in T8. They need to add sustain for classes that lack it.

I use guides to examine a bosses total unavoidable AOE and how much he is going to do unavoidable melee damage before I attempt a T8. Then find a group if it's serious.

Burns

While tuning things is difficult and I assume they have a much smaller team now than the team that worked on, say, the mage tower, the difficulty of delves should be equivalent to the gear they provide. So if the gear from T8 delves is slightly worse than heroic raiding or a M6 key, then people that are too shitty to complete either of those shouldn't be able to complete a T8 delve.

It sounds like they either don't have the ability or team to balance around each class. Due to the one size fits all system in place, they should have at least tried to make one delve better suited to one set of classes, while other delves suited to other sets, even if they left them open for everyone to play.

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
Brann is the answer to classes which lack sustain or interrupts, but most of his options are weird abilities.

He should have some cross class abilities you can put on your hotbar or something.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Palum

what Suineg set it to
While tuning things is difficult and I assume they have a much smaller team now than the team that worked on, say, the mage tower, the difficulty of delves should be equivalent to the gear they provide. So if the gear from T8 delves is slightly worse than heroic raiding or a M6 key, then people that are too shitty to complete either of those shouldn't be able to complete a T8 delve.

It sounds like they either don't have the ability or team to balance around each class. Due to the one size fits all system in place, they should have at least tried to make one delve better suited to one set of classes, while other delves suited to other sets, even if they left them open for everyone to play.
It's not about skill though, as you literally cannot overcome certain things without the toolkit. Web bolt for instance ignores threat, fast recast 1.5M damage, etc. You can't always LOS it beside of the design. So what can you do?