World of Warcraft: Current Year

Chris

Potato del Grande
It's not about skill though, as you literally cannot overcome certain things without the toolkit. Web bolt for instance ignores threat, fast recast 1.5M damage, etc. You can't always LOS it beside of the design. So what can you do?
Go in with a tank? Is there any great need to solo delves?

Burns

It's not about skill though, as you literally cannot overcome certain things without the toolkit. Web bolt for instance ignores threat, fast recast 1.5M damage, etc. You can't always LOS it beside of the design. So what can you do?
What I mean is what they should be designing for and/or balancing for, is to make it on par with the gear they reward, ideally balanced around being solo. Adding more people should scale it to be harder than solo. Mage tower but different, on T8 (top difficulty that rewards gear(?)), sounds fun.

Chris's idea of being able to customize Bran to augment your weaknesses should be an easy fix. They could even make them class specific augments. Maybe Bran gets a 6s interrupt [extra action button] augment for ranged classes and an AoE dmg redux aura for melee.

Having some delves balanced for ranged classes, some balanced for melee, and some balanced for tanks might work, but it would be much more complicated. It would also make getting stuck with keys more frustrating and they would need to have a solution for that too.

Last edited:

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
What I mean is what they should be designing for and/or balancing for, is to make it on par with the gear they reward, ideally balanced around being solo. Adding more people should scale it to be harder than solo. Mage tower but different, on the top difficulty that rewards gear, sounds fun.

Chris's idea of being able to customize Bran to augment your weaknesses should be an easy fix. They could even make them class specific augments. Maybe Bran gets a 6s interrupt [extra action button] augment for ranged classes and an AoE dmg redux aura for melee.

Having some delves balanced for ranged classes, some balanced for melee, and some balanced for tanks might work, but it would be much more complicated. It would also make getting stuck with keys more frustrating and they would need to have a solution for that too.
I mean honestly, Brann just needed a talent tree similar to what we have now thats pretty basic. I would have been completely ok with them resurrecting / reusing the graphics from Shadowlands in that little Covenant thing where you got upgraded glyphs to put into each socket. So the Warlock can pick an interrupt option, and on that same tier, the Warrior with all the interrupts can pick a healthstone equivalent option or similar. Because if we kept the system like it is now, then we'd be in a similar situation where people would be bitching that they have to have an Interrupt Curio to survive solo, where as the prot paladin can get the time warp curio and finish the Delve 15 minutes faster. We could put it baseline, but then it becomes a question of just how much shit do we make base line on Brann?

Regardless, aint shit we can do about it ourselves. Delves will get perfected about 3/4 into the expansion and they'll completely forget about them in the next expansion. A feature that should be evergreen, but isnt.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Going through the campaign story quests again on an alt and I'll just say that if anyone has a problem with Dagran as a character I will punch them in the dick. I could also see them using him and Brann archetypes for a Scholar / Artificer class in the future.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Bard should have been the next class after Monk... I feel they are intentionally avoiding it at this point.
One of their better April fools jokes TBH.

Tie in of Guitar Hero really makes it show its age.

Daidraco

Even though moonarchia moonarchia is cracking jokes - as gay as some of the members of the dev team are, I am surprised we got Evoker and all that fag shit over a version of the Bard. The OG fag class. There are bards out in the world in older expansions, and minstrel? troubadour? bard? one of those variations was mentioned in a side quest .. I want to say in Hollowfall? But I would say its just like Ogres - they know people want them, but dont want to disclose why they wont put them in the game.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I think it comes back to 'arteests' that want to design things rather than just make the content people want. If you just do what is expected you can't be avant garde.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Dest lock finished all 12 delves. All quests can be started in the delves. No MSQ started yet, and no world area completions. Got me to halfway through 76. Tomorrow after maintenance I will start MSQ and see if the quest is available again when it has me go through first delve.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Going through the campaign story quests again on an alt and I'll just say that if anyone has a problem with Dagran as a character I will punch them in the dick. I could also see them using him and Brann archetypes for a Scholar / Artificer class in the future.
I have an idea for Dagran because he is a good character and massive plus points for him being a baby in vanilla.

He's so different to his evil Ragnaros summoning emperor father right? Wrong. Moria said it was a love match which was a huge plot twist.

What if Dagran is EXACTLY like his father? What if one day his curiosity is going to lead him into delving too greedily and too deeply into his books and he summons something ridiculous to defend his people?

Scholar as a mage tanking spec with summoned elementals would be cool and fit Dagran 1 and Jaina's abilities.

Daidraco

Dest lock finished all 12 delves. All quests can be started in the delves. No MSQ started yet, and no world area completions. Got me to halfway through 76. Tomorrow after maintenance I will start MSQ and see if the quest is available again when it has me go through first delve.
Theres like 6 to 9 quests per delves and they reset daily. So yea, you should have a new set in there "if" they roll a new quest. Im not really "feeling" my hunter. Im leveling it just for leatherworking and skinning only, anyways. But damn are they fucking clunky without some itemized gear / haste. Have a DH at 63, and was thinking I would tank with him. But Im not sure I like playing him, either.
I have an idea for Dagran because he is a good character and massive plus points for him being a baby in vanilla.

He's so different to his evil Ragnaros summoning emperor father right? Wrong. Moria said it was a love match which was a huge plot twist.

What if Dagran is EXACTLY like his father? What if one day his curiosity is going to lead him into delving too greedily and too deeply into his books and he summons something ridiculous to defend his people?

Scholar as a mage tanking spec with summoned elementals would be cool and fit Dagran 1 and Jaina's abilities.
I went down that rabbit hole with the big crystal you talked about. That reddit thread goes deep deep into the lore. Dagran.. I didnt know anything about his father. Never paid attention, but I know who you're talking about. It wouldnt surprise me in the least if they do a Tolkien reference to Dwarves digging too deep.

Burns

I feel Augmentation Evoker is their test for a bard, but idiots still kick them out of the groups for low dps...
The DPS charts should count their buffs on the group in the Augmentation spec's DPS. In DF I vaguely recall seeing it (on Wowhead) leading the season it got introduced by a wide margin and reading that it was due to how their buff(s) interacted with particular class burst windows.

With them on the bottom of the charts now, I would assume they are just altogether under-tunned or Bliz made it so complicated it's an impossible spec to tune properly.

Daidraco

I feel Augmentation Evoker is their test for a bard, but idiots still kick them out of the groups for low dps...

The DPS charts should count their buffs on the group in the Augmentation spec's DPS. In DF I vaguely recall seeing it (on Wowhead) leading the season it got introduced by a wide margin and reading that it was due to how their buff(s) interacted with particular class burst windows.

With them on the bottom of the charts now, I would assume they are just altogether under-tunned or Bliz made it so complicated it's an impossible spec to tune properly.
Pretty much this. Not only did they Blizzard put in a ton of strings into the UI/Combat Log to help measure these benefits, but "Details" and other mods should properly account for them. That may not be the exact scenario you encountered, but I've never seen them booted out of the group for anything. Though, today Mythic+ starts so Im sure toxicity will rise outside of the random dude that leaves after a boss doesnt drop a trinket type of situation that shouldnt exist anymore.

//
We tried finishing up our casual raid last night, and Silken Court took up most of our time. We FINALLY worked out all the parts to it after several wipes, but that is by far the hardest fight in the whole raid of Nerub-Ar Palace. The Queen at the end is mechanically heavy with positioning and such - but .. she's not even difficult. We just didnt have enough time with it getting late to finish her up past a couple tries where in just that little bit of effort, we were already at the point of killing her. The difference between Mythic and Normal/Heroic as far as Mechanics looks WAY different. I dont necessarily think it should be that way. But Ill take it.

//
I've been using my spare time while watching youtube or waiting on an appointment to farm herbs/minerals. There was such a large difference in the quantity per/hour, and the quality of those herbs after I got the gear - that I started to be curious about what all points I could get. Im pretty sure the maximum you can get from the little +1 and +3's you can get are time gated per week. But you can buy a skill book for 550 Kej from the vendor in nerub city. Then a vendor next to order's in Dornagal has 3 books you can buy per trade for acuity or w/e. Never mind the treasures that are spread around. These sources alone finished up a specialization and completely did another specialization. I ran out of acuity to purchase the third book for Herbalism, and I still need to do all of this for Mining. But 1 in 4 herbs looted is a 3 star now. Instead of getting 2-3 herbs, Im getting 4-6 herbs per loot. So its definitely worth it for me to do this to Mining as well.

Im just shocked at how much of a difference it all is, and it makes me curious how many people are spending countless hours doing this shit without collecting and buying all the skill points - effectively getting a fraction of the amount of payout that I get from it all. Anyone know of any other vendors for these books? Im guessing Faction vendors have some?

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Juvarisx

Florida
Pretty much this. Not only did they Blizzard put in a ton of strings into the UI/Combat Log to help measure these benefits, but "Details" and other mods should properly account for them. That may not be the exact scenario you encountered, but I've never seen them booted out of the group for anything. Though, today Mythic+ starts so Im sure toxicity will rise outside of the random dude that leaves after a boss doesnt drop a trinket type of situation that shouldnt exist anymore.

//
We tried finishing up our casual raid last night, and Silken Court took up most of our time. We FINALLY worked out all the parts to it after several wipes, but that is by far the hardest fight in the whole raid of Nerub-Ar Palace. The Queen at the end is mechanically heavy with positioning and such - but .. she's not even difficult. We just didnt have enough time with it getting late to finish her up past a couple tries where in just that little bit of effort, we were already at the point of killing her. The difference between Mythic and Normal/Heroic as far as Mechanics looks WAY different. I dont necessarily think it should be that way. But Ill take it.

//
I've been using my spare time while watching youtube or waiting on an appointment to farm herbs/minerals. There was such a large difference in the quantity per/hour, and the quality of those herbs after I got the gear - that I started to be curious about what all points I could get. Im pretty sure the maximum you can get from the little +1 and +3's you can get are time gated per week. But you can buy a skill book for 550 Kej from the vendor in nerub city. Then a vendor next to order's in Dornagal has 3 books you can buy per trade for acuity or w/e. Never mind the treasures that are spread around. These sources alone finished up a specialization and completely did another specialization. I ran out of acuity to purchase the third book for Herbalism, and I still need to do all of this for Mining. But 1 in 4 herbs looted is a 3 star now. Instead of getting 2-3 herbs, Im getting 4-6 herbs per loot. So its definitely worth it for me to do this to Mining as well.

Im just shocked at how much of a difference it all is, and it makes me curious how many people are spending countless hours doing this shit without collecting and buying all the skill points - effectively getting a fraction of the amount of payout that I get from it all. Anyone know of any other vendors for these books? Im guessing Faction vendors have some?

This shows the treasures that give 3 each for each profession, the renown book that gives +10, the three in Dornrogal that give 10 each for Artisan Acuity, and the one you buy from the Nerubians. I think all and all it comes out to 74 points from that stuff. The rest you will get 3-5 a week from herbing that give 3 each, then the ones from herbing that give one each but its unlimited.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Jox

Molten Core Raider

This shows the treasures that give 3 each for each profession, the renown book that gives +10, the three in Dornrogal that give 10 each for Artisan Acuity, and the one you buy from the Nerubians. I think all and all it comes out to 74 points from that stuff. The rest you will get 3-5 a week from herbing that give 3 each, then the ones from herbing that give one each but its unlimited.

weakaura that will put a waypoint on the map for you when you select one you haven't collected

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users