World of Warcraft: Current Year

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
My first ever vault in this game. I usually don't play this long after release because I don't care for Mythics. lol

1726605707797.jpeg

Delves are where it's at.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
1726614242144.png

2nd round of arcane nerfs as predicted.

This comes at difficult time in M+ where arcane is not really keeping up outside of burst windows. A handful of classes are over mage in overall in M+

It sucks raid performance is causing this kneejerk but I did say before launch to have an alt ready for mid-season.

More arcane nerfs are expected. As I stated previously last month, arcane will not be allowed to survive this expansion.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Maybe I’m reading it wrong but it looks like details does account for Aug, their bar has a regular section (their direct damage?) and a section with more transparency (their contribution?). I’ve seen the total bar with a very high overall contribution from players that know what they’re doing.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

My first ever vault in this game. I usually don't play this long after release because I don't care for Mythics. lol

View attachment 546418

Delves are where it's at.
I got a 616 tier piece on my Shaman from the Delves Vault yesterday. I never in my wildest would have expected them to put that into the Delves Vault' Loot Table. My lock wasnt as lucky, but I took the tier piece from the Normal Raid loot payout. Mythic + is STILL going to be a lower payout item on the vault, simply because people aint hitting those numbers yet.

Not really directed at you Araxen Araxen since you dont like Mythic+ (I get it) - But I learned from other seasons, that you have to get into Mythic+'s "NOW" and try to grind out your Raider.IO score. Doesnt even necessarily have to be high key completion, but that is something to shoot for. Just doing +2's across the board will get you set rather well for the next week or so. But try to push a bit. +4's seem to be the comfortable spot for a lot of people that are still figuring out mechanics from time to time. I like how Warlock is basically the Mythic+ Affix Bubble Buster, though. Shits funny.

The mechanics are far more punishing starting off around 4, but its just repetition and knowing what and how the mechanics work in the first place. Obviously this all works out better if you have a group of like minded friends - and if you dont know the mechanics that well, ask them before a boss. Probably the most patient people, for myself, and others, that I've guilded with so far. So hit any of us up if you want to run. Big group of the guys in the guild do Classic and Season of Discovery - so theyre all about some WoW and I doubt they'll steer you wrong.

Running a fresh normal on Nerub'ar tonight at 8pm EST. The first 6 bosses are snooze worthy, so Heroic might sub in if theyre considered easy. Silken Court .. may struggle with again, but I think the majority of us "got it" now. Silken Court took up all our time last week, so the two wipes on Queen was really only exploratory. But we got her into the teens on the second try. Any of you guys are welcome to come. Say something in the FOH Community for an invite, or send me a message Daidraco#1425.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
I got a 616 tier piece on my Shaman from the Delves Vault yesterday. I never in my wildest would have expected them to put that into the Delves Vault' Loot Table. My lock wasnt as lucky, but I took the tier piece from the Normal Raid loot payout. Mythic + is STILL going to be a lower payout item on the vault, simply because people aint hitting those numbers yet.

Not really directed at you Araxen Araxen since you dont like Mythic+ (I get it) - But I learned from other seasons, that you have to get into Mythic+'s "NOW" and try to grind out your Raider.IO score. Doesnt even necessarily have to be high key completion, but that is something to shoot for. Just doing +2's across the board will get you set rather well for the next week or so. But try to push a bit. +4's seem to be the comfortable spot for a lot of people that are still figuring out mechanics from time to time. I like how Warlock is basically the Mythic+ Affix Bubble Buster, though. Shits funny.

The mechanics are far more punishing starting off around 4, but its just repetition and knowing what and how the mechanics work in the first place. Obviously this all works out better if you have a group of like minded friends - and if you dont know the mechanics that well, ask them before a boss. Probably the most patient people, for myself, and others, that I've guilded with so far. So hit any of us up if you want to run. Big group of the guys in the guild do Classic and Season of Discovery - so theyre all about some WoW and I doubt they'll steer you wrong.

Running a fresh normal on Nerub'ar tonight at 8pm EST. The first 6 bosses are snooze worthy, so Heroic might sub in if theyre considered easy. Silken Court .. may struggle with again, but I think the majority of us "got it" now. Silken Court took up all our time last week, so the two wipes on Queen was really only exploratory. But we got her into the teens on the second try. Any of you guys are welcome to come. Say something in the FOH Community for an invite, or send me a message Daidraco#1425.
Did Normal with a pug and it was really smooth, 2 tries max per boss but one shot a bunch. I think we would have gotten Silk Court on a 4th attempt but the group disbanded due to time.

Doing M+ when I get home, wish me luck lol. I think I'm 605.

Penance

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
View attachment 546488

2nd round of arcane nerfs as predicted.

This comes at difficult time in M+ where arcane is not really keeping up outside of burst windows. A handful of classes are over mage in overall in M+

It sucks raid performance is causing this kneejerk but I did say before launch to have an alt ready for mid-season.

More arcane nerfs are expected. As I stated previously last month, arcane will not be allowed to survive this expansion.
Frost is fine though

• 1Like

Daidraco

There's a foh community? I saw one but was only like 4 people in it.
I think that was Braen's before he knew there was an actual FOH Community. Shoot me a message and Ill send you an invite. Probably ~100-150 people in it, but its more of a jumping off point to link up with people. The actual guilds more active. Alkorin and Boozecube are the other mods if I'm not on.
Did Normal with a pug and it was really smooth, 2 tries max per boss but one shot a bunch. I think we would have gotten Silk Court on a 4th attempt but the group disbanded due to time.

Doing M+ when I get home, wish me luck lol. I think I'm 605.
I think all of it is extremely easy if you just know the mechanics. As soon as we just mandated that a select group of people did the web, they went down within the next try.

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
I think that was Braen's before he knew there was an actual FOH Community. Shoot me a message and Ill send you an invite. Probably ~100-150 people in it, but its more of a jumping off point to link up with people. The actual guilds more active. Alkorin and Boozecube are the other mods if I'm not on.

I think all of it is extremely easy if you just know the mechanics. As soon as we just mandated that a select group of people did the web, they went down within the next try.
Yeah I think I sneaked into an alt run, I just accidentally ignored the PM asking to link achievement and they explained tactics anyway due to it being week 1.

Raid Leader just directed the two hunters to sort out the charge/net mechanic.

Penance

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Is scaling fucked in timewalking? Did the 5 on my bear and some stuff was absolutely destroying me.

God damn scaling is gay.

Daidraco

Silk court can suck a silk dick. That fight is gay as fuck and definitely harder than final boss. Dumb.
The fight could have been way more friendlier to squishy classes. As the web trip mechanic is brutal to anyone that cant mitigate a substantial amount of damage. Much less the stinging swarm debuff you have to drop on the tall bitch. I'm not looking forward to doing it on Heroic, but congrats to those of you that are. Even after all our practice, we wiped another 4 times to SC tonight before we beat it. Took us 1/5th the amount of wipes to learn and kill Queen. We're pushing Heroic on Friday at 8PM Est - and Im sure we'll catch 4/8 before calling it. People are welcome to come.

In other news - Im just under 1500 on Raider IO without pushing very hard. Thats roughly a timed 2-4 on every dungeon. Im curious what the score is for timing a +10 across the board, though? Anyone know so I can have a mental goal? Something like 2200? The Raider IO client is starting to turn my number orange, so I'm taking a wild guess that the vast amount of people being reported on is no where near that rating.

A competent group just makes it so.. so.. much cleaner, easier, etc. Just three DPS queued up and PUG'd a Tank and Healer. Xaini, Juva and myself - surprisingly found what we needed quick enough and cleared the dungeons like a cake walk. When gear is being pushed on you from every corner, delves, vault, raids, mythics, weeklies, etc. - It kind of takes the gear acquisition that Mythic+ has and puts it slightly lower down in rank. As I enjoy just climbing for points at the moment. I do get annoyed at the people that jump right into a +4 or higher that dont know the mechanics, though. Had a Druid in Siege of Boralus get fixated on by that Ogre Boss and instead of dragging him over Bombs - he just cat formed and zoomed around the room. Meanwhile Im repeatedly telling him to drag him over the bombs while the tank was laughing his ass off. :trump: :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Chris

Potato del Grande
Why do more people not play tank?

Did a M2 and M3, I could dictate the pace of the clear, no pressure on what my DPS is, first priority for healing and near instant acceptance to groups. It's the easiest role in the game.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The fight could have been way more friendlier to squishy classes. As the web trip mechanic is brutal to anyone that cant mitigate a substantial amount of damage. Much less the stinging swarm debuff you have to drop on the tall bitch. I'm not looking forward to doing it on Heroic, but congrats to those of you that are. Even after all our practice, we wiped another 4 times to SC tonight before we beat it. Took us 1/5th the amount of wipes to learn and kill Queen. We're pushing Heroic on Friday at 8PM Est - and Im sure we'll catch 4/8 before calling it. People are welcome to come.

In other news - Im just under 1500 on Raider IO without pushing very hard. Thats roughly a timed 2-4 on every dungeon. Im curious what the score is for timing a +10 across the board, though? Anyone know so I can have a mental goal? Something like 2200? The Raider IO client is starting to turn my number orange, so I'm taking a wild guess that the vast amount of people being reported on is no where near that rating.

A competent group just makes it so.. so.. much cleaner, easier, etc. Just three DPS queued up and PUG'd a Tank and Healer. Xaini, Juva and myself - surprisingly found what we needed quick enough and cleared the dungeons like a cake walk. When gear is being pushed on you from every corner, delves, vault, raids, mythics, weeklies, etc. - It kind of takes the gear acquisition that Mythic+ has and puts it slightly lower down in rank. As I enjoy just climbing for points at the moment. I do get annoyed at the people that jump right into a +4 or higher that dont know the mechanics, though. Had a Druid in Siege of Boralus get fixated on by that Ogre Boss and instead of dragging him over Bombs - he just cat formed and zoomed around the room. Meanwhile Im repeatedly telling him to drag him over the bombs while the tank was laughing his ass off. :trump: :rolleyes:

my DPS shot way up with a "pro" tank. It's really a night and day difference when the positioning and engages are all exactly how you know it's supposed to be done.

I was almost going to respec to frost to push keys but gave it a few more runs. Linked up with a premade from the Brazilian server and timed a few keys. Topped their Havoc DH by a little bit in overall, but the usual specs like WW monk and DK are out of reach by about 200k-300k dps overall for me right now. I left the group after a botched 5 key due to wrong riddles and wipes on trash/riddle in Mists, but they'll finish 7 keys easy which is the goal right now. Do I belong in a 7 key group right now on arcane? Probably not. But I'll see if I can make it work.

Burns

Why do more people not play tank?

Did a M2 and M3, I could dictate the pace of the clear, no pressure on what my DPS is, first priority for healing and near instant acceptance to groups. It's the easiest role in the game.
It's the difference between driving and riding. The tank is the driver in the group and has to memorize far more of the dungeon.

As a DPS you don't need to know everything a group of mobs does and how to position/pull them all; the only the thing you need to know is 1 or 2 spells to interrupt in the pack. The tank is also the first to get the blame when shit goes wrong. To do heroic/mythic raids and equivalent level M+ (M7+?) you also need to know exactly when and how to use all your cooldowns (DPS has more leeway in cooldown use). Even the difference between a tank that can quickly plop down a ground targeted AoE ability and one that's slow or has macros that drops it on target/under foot is noticeable.