World of Warcraft: Current Year

lost

<Bronze Donator>
i have a havoc DH but he felt so clunky in pvp, seems like its go warrior or be a caster so I made a spriest alt and did random dungeon queues while I quested, leveled pretty fast. Went 77-80 and got to ilvl 593 and 626 for pvp all in one day. the weeklies help for sure.

do you get the forged gladiator heraldry as a weekly quest or is that quest that awards 9 of them just a one time thing and we need to buy them with conquest?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Jumped into WOW after probably 10 years (?) as well as a few year break from MMOs. Once you are in your 40's man jumping back into this is abit on the old man eyes and reflexes cold.

Got my ele shaman and mage to ilvl 612 so far (today should help nicely) and working on devo evoker. I did do a boosted HM raid week one just to get to learn real time w/o the cess pool that is PUGs. But since have pugged HM a few times. 40 wipes at princess w/ 8 being < 2% and a 0.08% one was abit rough but all and all i do enjoy the raiding. Spent a few hours trying mythic raid and got to 79%.

Parking my mage as i just do not like arcane/frost at all and fire is just painful even though i love the play style. Sure i need to clean up and optimize but most raids won't even take a fire mage lol plus my bad arcane rotation still does like 60% more damage :(

Still have alot to sort as far as finding some solid UI's and just basic gaming mechanics, i've never played standard style with shift so still getting used to that plus naga.

If anyone is in a raiding guild looking for an ele shaman and times are 6:30 PST or later or any time on weekend let me know! Would love to have a stable group starting to try and progressive mystic.

Just dipped my toes into mystic dungeons as thats a first to me. Seems kinda cool but man not knowing the fights and jumping into high is punishing in pug hah. Had just done maybe 4 of them at mystic 3-4 and got into a mystic 10. Managed to take it down for the vault but didnt meet time. Got a mystic 9 key...thought cool lets use this. Holy fuck did i feel bad for that group as I was horrible having not known mechanics for that one.

Did a normal and HM clear yesterday on evoker and walked away with 1 item even though only was 599. Was very sad for half a days effort :(

If anyone has a strong devo evoker UI they enjoy feel free to link!

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Just dipped my toes into mystic dungeons as thats a first to me. Seems kinda cool but man not knowing the fights and jumping into high is punishing in pug hah. Had just done maybe 4 of them at mystic 3-4 and got into a mystic 10. Managed to take it down for the vault but didnt meet time. Got a mystic 9 key...thought cool lets use this. Holy fuck did i feel bad for that group as I was horrible having not known mechanics for that one.
Sounds like you've been really lucky during raids - my rolls are generally shit tier. Or Ill roll a 93 or something, and someone will tie with me, and then Ill lose the second roll. Makes my eye twitch a little bit when its a BIS item.

Mythic+ you "should" strive for a team. As people you can talk to, you could tell them "Hey man. You take the closest Cursed Dwarf to interrupt his fear and Ill take the second Cursed Dwarf to interrupt" in something like Stonevault. Versus a PUG - you say which dwarf you'll interrupt and no one responds? Or no one cares? Or you ask someone to take the first dwarf and they throw a fkn fit because they have to concentrate on a mob.

Rant:
Rarely is it a positive experience to work out a strategy with people. Never mind you cant do that shit like that with people the entire fucking dungeon. Or expect them to kill the totems at the end. Or expect people to pay attention to the BIG FUCKING SWIRLY on the second boss of Mists of Tirna Scithe where the Fox is going to spawn - so as a Tank, I need to pull the boss away from the fox before I really even know where the fox is going to land. Or when a clone pops up, drag the boss right on top of the correct clone so people have the arrow RIGHT IN THEIR FACE and know not to stand there. Or on the last boss, have the Healer marked so I know where the hell they are in order to check if theyre just being a dumb ass and trying to heal through all the adds beating on them instead of dragging them to me. Or in Grim Batol, move the fucking purple dragons around so that the random person standing in a bad spot doesnt get bounced off into the fucking nether. Or putting bad ground in the worst spots possible for two of the bosses there. I mean, I can go on and on and on and on and on about all this shit.

The struggle outside of all of that, when building a team, is that you may wipe time and time again for it to "click" for a person. Then at the end of the run, they'll be so defeated that they'll clock out of Mythics for the evening. Then be reluctant to join you again sometime later, because they feel like they suck, but will do a PUG because then they can suck with people they'll never have to talk to again. When in reality, if you just stick with the same people - you'll know their strengths and weaknesses. So what if you wipe 3, 4, 5 times on a boss. You beat it, so the next time you wont wipe or will only wipe once or twice and keep improving. We all had to learn this shit.

(But as a side note.. I cant for the life of me understand how people fail to understand the mechanic of Stitch throwing his chain up at the Alchemist in Necrotic Wake. Its so fucking brain dead easy that when they fail it multiple times in a row, it just makes me question them altogether.)

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Sounds like you've been really lucky during raids - my rolls are generally shit tier. Or Ill roll a 93 or something, and someone will tie with me, and then Ill lose the second roll. Makes my eye twitch a little bit when its a BIS item.

Mythic+ you "should" strive for a team. As people you can talk to, you could tell them "Hey man. You take the closest Cursed Dwarf to interrupt his fear and Ill take the second Cursed Dwarf to interrupt" in something like Stonevault. Versus a PUG - you say which dwarf you'll interrupt and no one responds? Or no one cares? Or you ask someone to take the first dwarf and they throw a fkn fit because they have to concentrate on a mob.

Rant:
Rarely is it a positive experience to work out a strategy with people. Never mind you cant do that shit like that with people the entire fucking dungeon. Or expect them to kill the totems at the end. Or expect people to pay attention to the BIG FUCKING SWIRLY on the second boss of Mists of Tirna Scithe where the Fox is going to spawn - so as a Tank, I need to pull the boss away from the fox before I really even know where the fox is going to land. Or when a clone pops up, drag the boss right on top of the correct clone so people have the arrow RIGHT IN THEIR FACE and know not to stand there. Or on the last boss, have the Healer marked so I know where the hell they are in order to check if theyre just being a dumb ass and trying to heal through all the adds beating on them instead of dragging them to me. Or in Grim Batol, move the fucking purple dragons around so that the random person standing in a bad spot doesnt get bounced off into the fucking nether. Or putting bad ground in the worst spots possible for two of the bosses there. I mean, I can go on and on and on and on and on about all this shit.

The struggle outside of all of that, when building a team, is that you may wipe time and time again for it to "click" for a person. Then at the end of the run, they'll be so defeated that they'll clock out of Mythics for the evening. Then be reluctant to join you again sometime later, because they feel like they suck, but will do a PUG because then they can suck with people they'll never have to talk to again. When in reality, if you just stick with the same people - you'll know their strengths and weaknesses. So what if you wipe 3, 4, 5 times on a boss. You beat it, so the next time you wont wipe or will only wipe once or twice and keep improving. We all had to learn this shit.

(But as a side note.. I cant for the life of me understand how people fail to understand the mechanic of Stitch throwing his chain up at the Alchemist in Necrotic Wake. Its so fucking brain dead easy that when they fail it multiple times in a row, it just makes me question them altogether.)
Remember how many times I died to standing in the fire in Legion? I am still better than at least half of the people who play WOW. Thst's why I prefer solo friendly stuff.

• 1Like

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Filthy casual here. I'm already so tired of everything about the Nerubians. The raids are just a bunch of purple with so much trash, and as a LFR raider it feels like everything has like 20% more HP than it should or something.

Struggling w/ that last boss in mythic Ara-kara and then going to Dawnbreaker or even back to Grim Batol... just much better experiences and more fun to play.

I like that there's something different in City of Threads, running around to try and find the spies or whatever, but feel like there should be like 6 of them and you only need to find 2. Too much of a break in the regular action of a dungeon.

I'm clearly enjoying it enough, my ADHD brain clicks with all of this as I've just hit 80 on my 4th toon, and I am very interested in where things go from here. How the Delves expand, and other systems they've put in and how they're used from here.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Delves are the primary thing that's kept me playing. I don't have a lot of time to play right now, but I can still fit in solo delves whenever I have time for decent gear. My wish would be for them to add higher iLvl gear drops above T8 for solo only clears, solo achievements, and more difficult mechanics over unavoidable damage.

• 1Like

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I couldn't have itemized my vaults any worse if I'd tried to and populated them myself, lol. For 2 of my characters my best vault item might be... a 10-15pt ilvl upgrade to ring? :|

A couple maybes, if i downgrade the item (from champ to vet).

Probably run through LFRs before picking, see if I can get lucky and then get to t4. Maybe I'll try and pug normal this week or something too. Think 1 of 4 characters has a shot at 4pc this week, but will take luck in LFR or an item downgrade.

LFR / caches, etc. this week before I commit to any of this nonsense, lol.

Oh well, at least I got ? Zekvir down today.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Daidraco

Filthy casual here. I'm already so tired of everything about the Nerubians. The raids are just a bunch of purple with so much trash, and as a LFR raider it feels like everything has like 20% more HP than it should or something.

Struggling w/ that last boss in mythic Ara-kara and then going to Dawnbreaker or even back to Grim Batol... just much better experiences and more fun to play.

I like that there's something different in City of Threads, running around to try and find the spies or whatever, but feel like there should be like 6 of them and you only need to find 2. Too much of a break in the regular action of a dungeon.

I'm clearly enjoying it enough, my ADHD brain clicks with all of this as I've just hit 80 on my 4th toon, and I am very interested in where things go from here. How the Delves expand, and other systems they've put in and how they're used from here.
I did like in the older raids, where you would all of a sudden go into this one bosses area and it would be a complete departure from the rest of the raid in terms of "looks". Like Antorus, The Burning Throne - Whole place was all Fel energy etc. Then you would go to Eonar's event, and its all flower filled bright green with ancient stone work. Then at the end, the last boss is on a space ship, etc. Just kept shit interesting. The bosses in Nerub'Ar are neat and interesting. But.. I can see where someone could say it all looks the same.

• 1Like

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I got a nice big dick (610 set pants). As a filthy casual being at 603 with 4-set bonus is nice.

LFR seems to be in a weird place. It's a strange combo of boring and frustrating with very little reward.

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
I got a 613 Arakara Sacbrood, very nice as it seems like the meta trinket.

Got 2 set from using forge twice, I know it's optimal to wait 2 weeks but the 2 set is too important to wait around for. 4 set isn't as important for me.

Level 610 now so going to push into higher keys. I'm doing 5s at the moment.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Yes, I've interestingly mostly only gotten weapons for pally but zero for any of my other toons. The loot tables are really bizarre. Warrior gets only cloaks, pally only weapons, hunter mostly cloaks, monk mostly trinkets. Blizzrng

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Yes, I've interestingly mostly only gotten weapons for pally but zero for any of my other toons. The loot tables are really bizarre. Warrior gets only cloaks, pally only weapons, hunter mostly cloaks, monk mostly trinkets. Blizzrng
RNGesus hates us all equally in our own way.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

Just got more trinkets this week. lol

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I've given up doing Mythic+ at all as Arcane. I might try with the Ret Paly at some point but the people upset about my DPS as Arcane during trash pulls is not worth the grief. (One group called me out for being lazy because I had the highest damage on the boss but terrible on the trash...)

Good news is that doing Delves achieves the goal of 'have fun by killing challenging things' without having to deal with fucktards.

• 1Like

Daidraco

That sort of reminds me. Out of Wowhead, Icy Veins, Max Roll, and every other fucking website under the sun - what do you guys find the be the most informative/accurate? Now that I'm not constantly replacing pieces because of Item Level alone - I'm focusing on secondary stats. Affliction Warlock, depending on the site is either Haste > Mastery > etc, Or Crit > Mastery > etc. So the entire BIS gear list is completely different?

Then as far as Talent Builds go - there is so much fucking movement in the raid, whether due to mechanics, or my own lack of knowledge about mechanics - that I dont know if I have the correct talents to maximize the situation. I dont necesarrily have the best muscle memory for the Warlock, but I also feel like 90% of his shit has a cast time. So outside of corruption and agony - aint shit getting done if Im moving. Where as a melee can just DPS and move. But even then, I feel like I should be doing another ~200k DPS at 609 fully enchanted/gemmed/consumables.

The problem with SimCraft'ing and using Pawn is that you can pigeon hole yourself if you're not already on the right track.