World of Warcraft: Current Year

Chris

Potato del Grande
That sort of reminds me. Out of Wowhead, Icy Veins, Max Roll, and every other fucking website under the sun - what do you guys find the be the most informative/accurate? Now that I'm not constantly replacing pieces because of Item Level alone - I'm focusing on secondary stats. Affliction Warlock, depending on the site is either Haste > Mastery > etc, Or Crit > Mastery > etc. So the entire BIS gear list is completely different?

Then as far as Talent Builds go - there is so much fucking movement in the raid, whether due to mechanics, or my own lack of knowledge about mechanics - that I dont know if I have the correct talents to maximize the situation. I dont necesarrily have the best muscle memory for the Warlock, but I also feel like 90% of his shit has a cast time. So outside of corruption and agony - aint shit getting done if Im moving. Where as a melee can just DPS and move. But even then, I feel like I should be doing another ~200k DPS at 609 fully enchanted/gemmed/consumables.

The problem with SimCraft'ing and using Pawn is that you can pigeon hole yourself if you're not already on the right track.
raider.io has leaderboards, so you can see how the best rated people with your spec do their gear and talents. That way you know it's accurate because they have proof of their acheivements.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I've given up doing Mythic+ at all as Arcane. I might try with the Ret Paly at some point but the people upset about my DPS as Arcane during trash pulls is not worth the grief. (One group called me out for being lazy because I had the highest damage on the boss but terrible on the trash...)

Good news is that doing Delves achieves the goal of 'have fun by killing challenging things' without having to deal with fucktards.
Toxicity is through the roof.

I tanked Normal Palace last week and people were needing indiscriminantly, shamed a guy for needing an item he already had and the rest was great. Full clear. Even gave a guy the set weapon because it was his BIS and he had the other set item.

This week same deal but they fought back. I literally mention once a guy needing sidegrade items when others had greater need, I say fine but I'll be needing using that criteria too. Other people have the same complaint on later bosses, but they keep bringing my name into it as a complainer and they "are talking on discord about me". Gay. Group broke on Silken Court because the needy fucker couldn't do webs.

Blizzard doesn't help with the game design, but there's a layer of people permanently triggered who will destroy your group if you have them.

Every time a guy gives polite feedback on a mistake I'm making, the key/raid is cleared. Every time it's passive aggressive low information flaming they break their own key or ruin the raid.

• 1Pants on Fire!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Burns

raider.io has leaderboards, so you can see how the best rated people with your spec do their gear and talents. That way you know it's accurate because they have proof of their acheivements.
Need to be careful though, as when RaiderIO takes it's snapshot from the Armory it doesn't necessarily line up with when they did that dungeon. So they may be in a raid spec, world quest spec, or changed gear/specs for other reasons. At least, that's how it still worked in DF.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I've given up doing Mythic+ at all as Arcane. I might try with the Ret Paly at some point but the people upset about my DPS as Arcane during trash pulls is not worth the grief. (One group called me out for being lazy because I had the highest damage on the boss but terrible on the trash...)

Good news is that doing Delves achieves the goal of 'have fun by killing challenging things' without having to deal with fucktards.

Ret tops most mid keys I'm in. They're just nonstop uptime and no ramp up and no CD management. It's a great class if you are looking to enjoy all the content without breaking your neck or stressing about how you are going to do damage. Was really amazed at the current state Ret is in during pre-launch.

Arcane on a trash pull with no CDs is not above a tank so will elicit some comments if you are in any type of upper mid key. A really good tank that's double pulling I can usually keep my overall DPS up throughout a run, but if I am being honest in overall I'll come in at 870k DPS overall on a good run, and that's with really great pulls and a disgusting amount of CD management, rotation management, and full knowledge of the intricacies of the entire dungeon. However, on the same run there will be 2 other DPS, usually one at mid 900's and then the top DPS (Ret/WW/DK/Fury/ Rogue) at 1.3million DPS in the end of dungeon overall total output. I haven't been able to close that gap at all yet so I haven't even bothered pushing any high keys (beyond +7) on Arcane to save myself any grief.

If you are getting flamed in +4 keys just trying to farm materials that sucks. In my experience this expansion the real flaming starts aroung 5 key and higher. Tanks and healers become rabid. If you run +4 keys I find nobody gives a fuck and you can still farm your materials. Should be noted this weeks affix are nasty with both Fortified and Tyrannical. It's not a good week to have an easy time in M+

BoozeCube

The Wokest
<Prior Amod>
Toxicity is through the roof.

I tanked Normal Palace last week and people were needing indiscriminantly, shamed a guy for needing an item he already had and the rest was great. Full clear. Even gave a guy the set weapon because it was his BIS and he had the other set item.

This week same deal but they fought back. I literally mention once a guy needing sidegrade items when others had greater need, I say fine but I'll be needing using that criteria too. Other people have the same complaint on later bosses, but they keep bringing my name into it as a complainer and they "are talking on discord about me". Gay. Group broke on Silken Court because the needy fucker couldn't do webs.

Blizzard doesn't help with the game design, but there's a layer of people permanently triggered who will destroy your group if you have them.

Every time a guy gives polite feedback on a mistake I'm making, the key/raid is cleared. Every time it's passive aggressive low information flaming they break their own key or ruin the raid.

Random groups aren’t all there to hold your hand and carry you and your controller. If you are running into every group having to correct you, teach you, or coddle you to a victory than maybe it is the rest of the group that is the problem.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
Need to be careful though, as when RaiderIO takes it's snapshot from the Armory it doesn't necessarily line up with when they did that dungeon. So they may be in a raid spec, world quest spec, or changed gear/specs for other reasons. At least, that's how it still worked in DF.
You can choose a raid/mythic clear and it seems to change everything. Yeah worth checking if it's actually snapshotted right though.

Random groups aren’t all there to hold your hand and carry you and your controller. If you are running into every group having to correct you, teach you, or coddle you to a victory than maybe it is the rest of the group that is the problem.
I posted a screenshot of my M+ and Raid progress a few pages ago.

Let's see yours.

• 1Like

Juvarisx

Florida
Who needs premades (please I need a premade so bad. kill me)

1727387505963.png

Last edited:
  • 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
They really lowered the bar for KSM since Shadowlands. But realistically nobody besides hardcores were able to get KSM under those conditions. I guess it was overdue for a revamp on the achievement difficulty so more core players could potentially achieve it. You can sleepwalk to 2,000 rating in TWW.

• 1Picard