World of Warcraft: Current Year

xzi

Mouthbreather
I doubt it's real mostly cause 4chan lol. But who knows.

That said, I am most likely the only person that enjoys trolls and wouldn't mind it. Maybe not an entire expansion based around them, but it'd be neat. There's actually a big lore book called Warcraft Chronicles that is supposed to start being released this year that details the history of Azeroth from the very beginning up until The Last Guardian (Warcraft 1 basically). Which means they most likely will go over Trolls and their real story pretty early on in the book because IIRC trolls are like the original humanoids to roam Azeroth (not counting Titans obv). It would be neat to see one of the most ancient empires fully fleshed out. But maybe not in game at the moment, I'm just talking about the book lol.

I like their little ship idea though, I do want to be a pirate and taking a ship out of the shipyard to travel to a new expansion would actually be pretty sick. But then ya know, abandoning our Azeroth and all that would be weird.

Of course it's all speculation. But with that speculation I suppose I'll post some Nobbel, because that dude is one of my favorite warcraft youtubers who creates videos about all the lore in WoW. Recently he did a speculation "Three Possible Future Storylines and Expansions" video. It's a fun watch if you're into theories with some lore behind them as well.

Tauro

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Blizzard's finest hour:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCr7...-iz0pkQIdjNjsb

WoW of today makes me sad
frown.png

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Not that Cata was amazing but at least Deathwing was 'yea we should probably take care of this' level of threat. MoP was ... bunch of bears going to lose their home or something, WoD is an alternate timeline is causing Doc Brown to get caught in the old west and then that expac will be... Somalia attacks? *shrug*

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, that "leak" sounds too good to be true. I typically skim or just skip fan faction expac posts like that, but it had quite a bit of entertainment value. A++ would read again.

DavivMcD

Peasant
Tel'Abim is a tropical paradise. A group of peaceful trolls, the Sunspear tribe, live here.
Plunder Isle is a pirate island. Here people can recruit pirates for their crew.
The fact these zones aren't framed in the context of 'You can gain reputation for 2 new factions!' proves this is fake.

Also,
The expansion will have 8 zones.
Blizzard returns to creating multiple dungeons per zone. Expect about 2-3 dungeons in most zones.
Lol, 16-24 new dungeons at an expansion launch? Unless they've been secretly working on this since vanilla, expect more like 6.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
That's true. I just checked and it looks like they've been doing fewer launch dungeons with each expansion. 20+ in vanilla, 15 in BC, 12 in Wrath, 10 in Cat, 9 in MoP, 8 in WoD. BC, Wrath, and Cat got more post-launch dungeons, so those numbers only count the X.0 patches.

Kaige

<WoW Guild Officer>
<WoW Guild Officer>
That sounds like Burning Crusade, where each major place had multiple dungeons that were similar.

Hellfire Citadel, Coilfang Reservoir, Tempest Keep, Auchindoun, Caverns of Time.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
That sounds like Burning Crusade, where each major place had multiple dungeons that were similar.

Hellfire Citadel, Coilfang Reservoir, Tempest Keep, Auchindoun, Caverns of Time.
I hadn't thought about that, but you're right.

rrr_img_104158.png

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I never really thought Auchidoun was 4 separate dungeons. I felt they were just four different wings with different level reqs. I would never count that as four dungeons. Just like Scarlet Monestary was really one spot with a wider range of levels attached to it. Just my opinion on it though, it's semantics in the end.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Fake or not, remember that WoD info was leaked and everyone laughed at how fucking stupid it was and how there's no way that's what the xpac was going to be and well.. here we are.

I'd imagine it's only a matter of time before we pop up in Kul Tiras, though. Especially since it has heavy connection with the Proudmoores (Jainas brother is currently their leader atm). I could see a slightly more alliance-heavy expansion being based around it.

DavivMcD

Peasant
Fake or not, remember that WoD info was leaked and everyone laughed at how fucking stupid it was and how there's no way that's what the xpac was going to be and well.. here we are.
I actually don't remember that.

I remember the WoD info being officially released and everyone laughing at how fucking stupid it was, though.