World of Warcraft: Current Year

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Too be fair, Germany is sweating it's balls off right now, I don't even want to know what it is like in that hall right now. But holy shit the WoW lore is all over the place, where is this mysterious outer world prison for demon hunters coming from and why are blood elfs a part of it, jesus fuck.
Prince Kael'thas was the prince of the blood elves. If you remember TBC, illidan's area in shadowmoon was heavy on BE demonhunters. Illidan needs a fresh batch of hairless pointy eared students at all times to power his erotic demonic felenergies

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
Too be fair, Germany is sweating it's balls off right now, I don't even want to know what it is like in that hall right now. But holy shit the WoW lore is all over the place, where is this mysterious outer world prison for demon hunters coming from and why are blood elfs a part of it, jesus fuck.
They were in Shadowmoon Valley

latest

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I think the xpac looks good. I am hoping this closes the Burning Legion shit, it is time to end that chapter and stop milking that cow and come up with new characters.

Itzena_sl

shitlord
Those artifacts remind me of the EQ epic weapons, good feels. Hopefully Rogues won't have Kithicor'esque bullshit to deal with though!
tongue.png
Fuck you for bitching about Freebringer. That entire quest may as well have been "ding 60, hail guild leader for your new dagger"

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
You know it wont. We still have to go to Argus and conduct that fight to rid the universe of the Burning Legion and take our place as the New Gods...

Followed by some expansion where we collect celestial bear asses from the demiplane of logic.

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
While I was in the shower, I realized to important things (like every man does in the shower).

1) Artifact weapon for survival hunter is a spear. Melee spec coming back?

2) Sub numbers are back to vanilla, and they are launching a full blown Burning Legion expansion. Incoming Northrend 2.0 later?

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Neither excited nor put off by this - probably a good sign I think, all things considered. I'll tell you this though, if I don't get to fucking fish up my Ashbringer - after all the hours, days, months I spent fishing for one 10 years ago after reading Nat Pagles - I'll be fucking fuming. FUMING

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
They did say some of this would open up before the xpac officially dropped right? Kind of like an AQ opening event?
More like the WoD pre-launch patch, where you got this questline with all those orcs coming out of the Dark Red Portal.
I wish they would have detailed how they are going to make dungeons more relevant, instead of just saying they are.
How else are you going to level your Artefact weapon?
Incoming Northrend 2.0 later?
We get Vrykuls and Val'kyrs already...

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
While I was in the shower, I realized to important things (like every man does in the shower).

1) Artifact weapon for survival hunter is a spear. Melee spec coming back?

2) Sub numbers are back to vanilla, and they are launching a full blown Burning Legion expansion. Incoming Northrend 2.0 later?
That was my thought too. The only way it makes sense to have survival hunters have a spear is if they are going to be a melee spec again. Honestly though it would make some sense one pure range dps spec one pet focused spec and one melee focused spec for hunters would allow them to not diffuse the cool shooting skills between three different specs.

Well given we know there is still a lich king who was even freakier than the last one northrend part two would not be surprising.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
More like the WoD pre-launch patch, where you got this questline with all those orcs coming out of the Dark Red Portal.

How else are you going to level your Artefact weapon?

We get Vrykuls and Val'kyrs already...
Yes very likely dungeons are going to be a major part of artifact leveling which is a fine way to do it. Rewards people are interested in for small group fights to keep dungeons active.

Carl_sl

shitlord
Just give me badges for bosses again, When you have bullshit like lfr theres no reason not to have a farmable currency in the dungeons.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Still at work but.. a third melee dps expansion class?

And we complained of orc fatigue after we were stuck with an Orgrimmar raid for over a year followed by an entire expansion of orcs, and now we have a mostly demon raid with Archimonde as the Big Bad, followed by an expansion called Legion. We're really starting to run in circles with the lore here.

Just how many creatures can they name "Fel xxxx"?

xzi

Mouthbreather
Looking at the trailer again, Khadgar is sitting up on the ledge of Karazhan right in the very beginning in birdform. He then flies out into the sea, presumably to the Tomb of Sargeras? Where the Legion is leaking out, and then he flies all the way to Stormwind to tell Varian & his son all about the invasion.

So, if Khadgar is back at Karazhan, I'm assuming either by Atiesh (the staff that ports him to Kara lol) OR him and Medivh manage to open yet another dark portal to link the two worlds & we end up back on our Azeroth in our real timeline while Gul'dan gets Illidan cause he got sent to the Nether which can link him to yet another universe.. That's my assumption, but only time will tell I guess. Seeing Karazhan again though gave me fuzzy feelings.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I would like to see them make some significant variation between the three mage specs. They just got done saying that making two dps or two tank specs for Demon Hunter would dilute them and yet Mages have horrific redundancy between their three specs. Even Warlocks have the pet variations and what once was Demonology to make for some flavor. Maybe by having the Artifact stuff they can differentiate them

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Just give me badges for bosses again, When you have bullshit like lfr theres no reason not to have a farmable currency in the dungeons.
Yes they need to do that as well. WOD is a good demonstration of how many people will do dungeons if they don't offer any rewards worth getting after 2 weeks of the expansion and that is NOBODY.