World of Warcraft: Current Year

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yeah I was unable to preserve my spot after the servers went down during the DDOS last night around 6pm pst. I got put in a 7900 person queue which was about 3500 people 6hrs later. No big deal though I played some dungeon of the endless and went to bed.
That was pretty much my experience but there's no way I could wait 6 hours to play. I'm not all that butthurt since I did get a free 7 days last month, so I'll probably just play swtor for a week and see if they've unfucked the queue's by then.

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
I played a little yesterday morning, before the shit show, so I avoided that. Couldn't avoid the awful story though. Holy crap, what is up with the over the top panning across bad guys with their names in huge letters? Hopefully it gets a little less smack you in the face as it progresses.

Vitality

HUSTLE
@ the post about enchanter garrison building

From what I could deduce (from guildies permanently in my party to use my garrison to DE all their shit) it functions at about 65% of a normal enchanters disenchant. So basically at 600 skill I get one whole blue shard from a blue quest reward and 2-5 dust from greens.

They get .5-.6 of a shard and 1-2 dusts from greens by using my level 1 building. Unsure if higher levels of the building or having a follower assigned there increases DE yields or not.

Take that for what it's worth. Currently on Tich market values for DE'd items it's about 100% more worth it to DE the quest items than it is to vendor them.

Also keep in mind enchanting work orders are super fucking godlike. 5 dust for half an epic crystal is nothing to scoff at.

At current market rates I'm sitting on like 6-8k in enchanting mats just from DE'ing levels 90-92 quests. Not sure how bloated those numbers seem to be though.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
75? How could you marry such a plebe?
I dont know bro. Told her a month ago to start levelling up (SHE READS QUEST DIALOG) but she wouldn't listen. She's got an 85 as well, just never really played MOP.

Last week I levelled 4 characters to 90 :| GET ON MY LEVEL BITCH

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Probably forcing people to grind levels rather than grind dungeons.
I am sort of torn on this but its not bothering me to much. I like doing some dungeons now and then to break up the leveling pace a bit and in some ways its nice that unlike pandaria doing a couple dungeons mean you wind up having to skip a zone to get back up to something your level range. Really given the need to gather garrison resources/followers and unlock stuff going pretty questing completionist seems the way to go at least for your first character.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
So is the enchanters study basically mandatory if you yourself aren't an enchanter? I selected Alchemy ( im a herb gather ) and Blacksmith ( miner as well ). Should I just build another building in one of their places? Also, I picked the Barn for my Middle Size building. Seems like most guides say to get that one.
At least on your main a barn is going to be pretty necessary unless somebody finds an alternative way to get savage blood for the item upgrades as they are needed to boost the quality of your crafted purples to them up to snuff asap for raiding once that gets turned on.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
So... here I am on Doomhammer EU, just got my garrison last night and I can't seem to do shit any more since the "Establish your garrison" quest ender is swamped. I dunno, should I just go out and spend the next two months grinding the odd mob that might spawn in all this lag and phasing fuckups. God, it wasn't even this bad in BC and that's saying a lot!

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
The way that Tanaan Jungle has you following around with a group and jumps to short cut scenes reminds me of WC III. All the warm fuzzies.

I thought that this was funny.

rrr_img_82273.jpg

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
I didn't play WOTLK or Cata or MoP at launch, but TBC was just as bad at launch; for about 2 days. Once people got out of Hellfire things smoothed out tremendously.

Now granted that was a long time ago and they should have learned...

Mythas 5thboardnow

Silver Knight of the Realm
Still though, They KNEW how bad TBC was due to the Hellfire Bottleneck. They did things in both LK / Cata to fix alleviate that issue and it worked really well. Then its like hey guys this time around lets do what didn't work again.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Still though, They KNEW how bad TBC was due to the Hellfire Bottleneck. They did things in both LK / Cata to fix alleviate that issue and it worked really well. Then its like hey guys this time around lets do what didn't work again.
Yea, like everyone else I wonder why they didn't use the ability to spawn instances of outdoor zones to give a playable experience. Especially since a lot of it is phased anyway and you don't see the other players too much.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Part of the problem is you have no new race or class to have people filling up newbie areas instead of the higher level quest zones. This is the only Xpac where everyone is being herded to the exact same spot. Combine that with the boost to 90's and you don't even have people that need to level up first to get to the 90-100 content. I think the most amusing part of this is the section in the WoW documentary where they specifically talk about AQ being opened and how dumb it was to have everyone on the server in one zone. Guess they didn't watch their own movie. I also think that after ESO, Wildstar and Archage shitting the bed, a lot of people just said fuck it and probably did buy last minute copies to get their MMO fix.

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
At least on your main a barn is going to be pretty necessary unless somebody finds an alternative way to get savage blood for the item upgrades as they are needed to boost the quality of your crafted purples to them up to snuff asap for raiding once that gets turned on.
While it's technically possible to come up with 350 truesteel ingots or the equivalent for a 665 epic by the time raiding is turned on, you're looking at maybe 0.00001% of the playerbase getting there. These server issues will make it even rarer. Note that this requires that you buy the BoE blue piece to upgrade from someone else, as 450 ingots by the time raids open is impossible. Even if you get 350, you better be maxing out Barn work orders on about eight alts to grind to level three and then have enough blood.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
While leveling, I recommend everyone be sure to do the chain leading up to the battle for shattrah in talador. Really nice cinematic at the quest chain finale you won't want to miss.

Ignoring the server problems (whicih haven't been too terrible on my low pop server), this expansion has been nothing short of amazing so far.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Part of the problem is you have no new race or class to have people filling up newbie areas instead of the higher level quest zones. This is the only Xpac where everyone is being herded to the exact same spot. Combine that with the boost to 90's and you don't even have people that need to level up first to get to the 90-100 content. I think the most amusing part of this is the section in the WoW documentary where they specifically talk about AQ being opened and how dumb it was to have everyone on the server in one zone. Guess they didn't watch their own movie. I also think that after ESO, Wildstar and Archage shitting the bed, a lot of people just said fuck it and probably did buy last minute copies to get their MMO fix.
I'll maintain that it wasn't and never will be financially feasible for WoW to increase server size for a week of the launch. We can pretend they didn't know, we can pretend the success was too much for them, but the bottom line is people bought the game and the money is in their hands. If they refund us for a couple days I am willing to bet their bottom line is not affected too much.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
So... here I am on Doomhammer EU, just got my garrison last night and I can't seem to do shit any more since the "Establish your garrison" quest ender is swamped. I dunno, should I just go out and spend the next two months grinding the odd mob that might spawn in all this lag and phasing fuckups. God, it wasn't even this bad in BC and that's saying a lot!
The garrison instance servers were squealing in pain and or on fire last night. I would recommend just giving it another try tonight and hope blizz has their shit together this time.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
The ironic thing is they did a lot of what they did in lich king but it seems to not have helped probably due to the garrison server bottleneck. The tannan jungle starting quests seems to be heavily instanced I saw very few people when doing it but as soon as you get out you see the true hordes of people. The horde and alliance starting areas in two different zones so its not like the hellfire mk1 intro where everybody on both horde and alliance started in the same spot. The problem is though with this expansion especially early on everybody on both sides HAS to do at least the initial garrison stuff and the failure was cascading out of that log jam.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Fucking... COME BACK UP.

I'm not minding this. It's been pretty good so far. Got my mine, enchater's study, jewel thinger, and moving on from the first zone. I misread the time as being 5am to 7am, so I just started doing some actual work... then realized it's until 9am and almost flipped my table.
Did the same fucking thing - took today off work too! Now I've got a massive pot of chile on waiting on servers to pop.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I was thinking of taking today off but after the cluster fuck of last night I thought to myself the odds of them doing some serious patching/maintenance in the morning borders on 100% so I chose to go into work.