X-Men: Days of Future Past.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
yeah, rogue was written out of this movie. i think the conversation is more academic than specifically about this movie. rogue having perma-super strength can be done in any number of ways without ms marvel. Fox has already shown that they have no problem in the world altering backstories in order to fit their plot. Just replace ms marvel with any one of marvel's mutants with a brickhouse powerset. super strength is a pretty common superpower.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
My whole beef with Rogue in the movies is the fact that her backstory was fucked so badly. Fucking it in a different way isn't going to make her character any more authentic or interesting. Do it right or don't do it at all.

Blackyce

Silver Knight of the Realm
Pyro controls flame but never flames on like the human torch or like how Iceman turns to ice. Just like the pyro in the movies who used a lighter generate his fire, but once there was flame/fire he could do anything with it.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I enjoyed First Class for the most part. I never read any of the comics so I'll probably be able to enjoy this more than most others in this thread. I won't be so busy crying because some mutant's hair is a different color.

Blackyce

I enjoyed First Class for the most part. I never read any of the comics so I'll probably be able to enjoy this more than most others in this thread. I won't be so busy crying because some mutant's hair is a different color.
It's not so much the mutant's hair color is different. Sunspot went from looking like this:
rrr_img_63434.jpg

to a cross between The Human Torch:
rrr_img_63435.gif
and Magma:
rrr_img_63436.png

You have to wonder, if that is indeed Sunspot, do you think the studio had a problem with him turning into ablackflaming guy?

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Sunspot does cover his entire body in flames like that. Main thing they could have changed was make the black more noticeable. I dont have issues with the flames /shrug

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
at least sunspot is the same race as 616, he's brazillian or mexican, whatever the fuck robert da costa is, his actor is mexican. where in ff johnny is sue storm newly adopted black baby brother.

Blackyce

at least sunspot is the same race as 616, he's brazillian or mexican, whatever the fuck robert da costa is, his actor is mexican. where in ffjohnny is sue storm newly adopted black baby brother.
That is so UGH!

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
I think if a 30+ (?) Year old comic character isn't pretty quickly recognizable, you are probably doing something wrong.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think if a 30+ (?) Year old comic character isn't pretty quickly recognizable, you are probably doing something wrong.
The general public that will decision if this movie is a success or not give no fucks about whether the character looks right or recognizable. Oooooo cool fire dude! will rule the day.